Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Screw it, I give up. I'll guess an Alexander Schleicher ASK 21 with some kind of freaky cockpit or this is actually a leak of ArmA 3 that only you are working on. This is clearly HMS Astute flying the SBS to China to be recruited by the CIA.

Yeah, hand it over.

Only thing it reminds me of is a Colonial Viper - but then I have been watching a lot of BSG of late it must be said. :p

Since I can't find any cockpit pictures, i'm gonna stab in the dark at an NG Firebird. That would be cool to see in Arma 2 anyway.

Screw it, I give up. I'll guess an Alexander Schleicher ASK 21 with some kind of freaky cockpit or this is actually a leak of ArmA 3 that only you are working on. This is clearly HMS Astute flying the SBS to China to be recruited by the CIA.

Yeah, hand it over.

It has its own motive power so gliders are out.

Its got nothing to do with ArmA3 or any BIS expansion.

And the SBS team would have to be very "good" friends to fit. (Well its possible since they are Marines)

Sorry no banana.

Only thing it reminds me of is a Colonial Viper - but then I have been watching a lot of BSG of late it must be said.

Now that I would like... but no.

Going off the colour, is it a Naboo star fighter?

Nope its not a fictional plane. The yellow is just the safety tape.

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

Since I can't find any cockpit pictures, i'm gonna stab in the dark at an NG Firebird. That would be cool to see in Arma 2 anyway.

Not this time sorry.

Hmmm its a hard one. tried numerous seach options and thought i was close a couple of times but wasnt the right one. Im off to bed now but will continue when i get up :P

Looks like a cockpit stuck onto that upside-down Replica thing at Warton.

Edited by Prydain

Hmm I think I have a pretty decent idea of what it is. However, since I guessed the last one I don't want to ruin the fun for everybody else.

If it is what I think it is; Rock showed pics of an earlier build of this aircraft model waaaay back, built for OFP.

I want to say hawk T2... But that has a HUD doesnt it....

Nope. It is an actual aircraft, flown and now stored in a museum. Not a future system.

Looks like a cockpit stuck onto that upside-down Replica thing at Warton.

Its not a UAV or Optionally manned aircraft.

Hmm I think I have a pretty decent idea of what it is. However, since I guessed the last one I don't want to ruin the fun for everybody else.

If it is what I think it is; Rock showed pics of an earlier build of this aircraft model waaaay back, built for OFP.

Your guess is probably correct. I found a load of old OFP pics the other day and those inspired me to remake the model.

Well the "competition" for my P drive closes at 1800 British Summer Time.

But I'll show you a couple of new things anyway...I've been busy while ive been ill in hospital so been quite productive. But if no one guesses correctly this one will slink back into the shadows.

Is the plane interior that of the actual aircraft or an extrapolation of what it would likely have today?

Because if it's the latter I'd put in my vote for one of the late 40s british experimental flying wing aircraft like the ones by gal and dehaviland

Edited by DaveP

Is the plane interior that of the actual aircraft or an extrapolation of what it would likely have today?

Because if it's the latter I'd put in my vote for one of the late 40s british experimental flying wing aircraft like the ones by gal and dehaviland

Its not a "modernised" plane. but I have to admit to some artistic licence with the cockpit instument layout due to the lack of decent pictures.

I will say 2 people have correctly guessed it so far via email and PM.

EDIT

OUCH Lennard got it. I thought I was going to get away with it too :)

http://downloads.rkslstudios.info/SECRET/buldozer%202011-05-17%2017-04-07-08.png

http://downloads.rkslstudios.info/SECRET/buldozer%202011-05-17%2017-04-40-47.png

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

As I said before I've been busy even though ive spent most of the last week in hospital getting poked and prodded. I've had the time to make some new stuff and resurrect and complete some old projects:

RKSL A400M

a400m-1.jpg

a400m-2.jpg

a400m-3.jpg

a400m-4.jpg

Edited by RKSL-Rock

CESSNA 208B

This was an old project that i just could not let die. It needs some reworks in the cockpit textures and anims but it nearly done.

c208b-1.jpg

c208b-2.jpg

c208b-3.jpg

Top work as usual. I really like how the propeller is presented, really nice detail where it counts

That 208 has a buttery look to it, I've taken a shining to the cessna family after I went up with a friend in a 172

All looks rather enticing indeed

Looking really good. The 208 will be great.

And your A400 looks nice so far. Keep up the good work.

damn thought it was the X-32

i saw a picture of it looking up X planes but ah well :D was too late anyway

nice planes btw rock!

CESSNA 208B

This was an old project that i just could not let die. It needs some reworks in the cockpit textures and anims but it nearly done.

i would love to fly civilian planes in arma ;) waiting for this nice bird !

I thought that Bird of prey was just a computer game invention heh.... Mmmm A-400 looks sexay! Any progress on the harriers ?

I thought that Bird of prey was just a computer game invention heh.... Mmmm A-400 looks sexay! Any progress on the harriers ?

I've been in an out of hospital recently so really only had my laptop. It doesnt have my full project drive, hence the ressurection of old projects etc.

Harrier progress is slow right now. But thats mostly due to real life commitments and dodgy kidneys.

Looks awesome Rock, looking forward to spending long hours flying aimlessly through some random island I just downloaded with them. :p