Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

lockheed hopeless diamond???

Sheesh you may have to get banned from playing for life at this rate .

Close enough... I'm calling this the "Hapless Diamante". I'm kinda cheating on this one because I'm extrapolating. But you are essentially correct. Imagine a cloned design...

http://downloads.rkslstudios.info/RKSL/SECRET/Project-210-001.jpg

http://downloads.rkslstudios.info/RKSL/SECRET/Project-210-002.jpg

I couldn't find a suitable "prototype" that would be the Bird of Prey's counterpart so I've taken the concept and adapted it a bit.

It's wearing Chinese roundels atm because the scenario I'm making it for involves China but you will be able to skin it how ever you like.

I started making this series of models to fulfill two roles:

1) I wanted a proper prototype to steal in all these "steal the plane" missions

2) Serve as examples for the upcoming O2 tutorials. The MLODs will eventually be available once the new tut site goes live.

More secrets to follow... as long as DKRaver doesn't guess them before I post the next one.

(I'm going to make the next one REALLY hard!)

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Sheesh you may have to get banned from playing for life at this rate .

;)

I couldn't find a suitable "prototype" that would be the Bird of Prey's counterpart so I've taken the concept and adapted it a bit.

Could go for the Mig-31 Firefox. Although its fictional

More secrets to follow... as long as DKRaver doesn't guess them before I post the next one.

Just pm me with list and pictures and ill stay silent :P

Just as a quick follow on to the UNN's comments about the UAV system:

RKSL_Reaper_001.jpg

RKSL_Reaper_002.jpg

RKSL_Reaper_003.jpg

RKSL_Reaper_004.jpg

Edited by RKSL-Rock
updating links

Will there be any difference between Arma 2's drone and RKSL's drone?

Will there be any difference between Arma 2's drone and RKSL's drone?

Yes. Primarily, (and visually) this really is an MQ-9 Reaper and not a Predator-B. BIS got it wrong with their model. Among other things Reaper had a different fusealage has two less pylons. The Predator-B is a seperate airframe which eventually evolved into the Reaper. You could say it was more of a prototype, there are so many mis-labeled images on the net now its an easy mistake.

The second difference is in the way you control it, and how the information is presented to you. As the 'pilot' you have a proper display with all the flight information. As the 'gunner' and you have new capabilities and a fully working targetting display as per the pics we showed a few pages back. Unlike the real system it is intended to be used by one person, but the RKSL UAV system allows you to switch back and forth with no penalty.

There are also a number of improvments over the BIS UAV system:

• You can actually lock the laser on to a target, then fine tune that lock. (No more knocking the mouse and losing the target)
  • The ability to get proper coordinates from the display of both your own and the targets positions.
  • Set custom waypoints with altitude.
  • You have the ability to take control and fly yourself if you so choose.
  • (PLANNED) the ability to set Laser 'frequencies' so that multiple laser designators can be used in the game area. Great for large MP games with multiple teams.
  • NO more dive bombing onto targets.
  • NO more target obsessed AI pilots that wont disengage.

And quite a few other things...;)

Edited by RKSL-Rock

So now we can finally fly like a UAV and not like a drunk pilot? Awesome!

Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

What did you have in mind? View distances aren't something I really have to worry about. So I'm not really sure of the advantages. I guess you mean the further you zoom in, the higher the view distance?

Although that wouldn't help much with the object draw distance would it?

Something to that effect; I'll admit that looking back on posting that I'm really not sure whether that's even possible in-engine right now, however it'd be a really useful feature on MP where fixed viewdistances can render UAVs and the like pretty useless

Rock, I think I asked you this before when we fiddled with a very early version last year - the square orbiting one that had a terminal control unit.... will it be lockable by AA weapons?

Rock, I think I asked you this before when we fiddled with a very early version last year - the square orbiting one that had a terminal control unit.... will it be lockable by AA weapons?

Tanky, thats just the stock BIS system with custom models.

As for AA missiles: The larger ones will be lockable. But the mini and micro UAVs wont be. But that wont stop you shooting them out of the sky with cannon/gun fire.

Tanky, thats just the stock BIS system with custom models.

As for AA missiles: The larger ones will be lockable. But the mini and micro UAVs wont be. But that wont stop you shooting them out of the sky with cannon/gun fire.

Excellent. Looking forward to that.

Still waiting ;)

Still waiting ;)

Don't get cocky! You do atleast have to give me some time to actually make the damn thing. :D

In the last week alone i've resurrected and remapped two fairly beefy projects. The week before I did the same again...and made the Project 210 model. The week before that the Rapiers and Hawks and all that is on top of a lot of work stuff, I've been busy!

Don't get cocky! You do atleast have to give me some time to actually make the damn thing. :D

:D

Take the time you need :) I can wait :)

Here we got another Zombie project that just will not die...

rksl_c130j_raf_1.jpg

rksl_c130j_raf_2.jpg

rksl_c130j_raf_3.jpg

rksl_c130j_raf_4.jpg

... and I didnt make you fight for it this time. :cool:

What would need to be added to make it a harvest hawk? Great stuff as always guys!

Basically all of the equipment that makes a C-130J a KC-130J. All of the RORO equipment such as the Cap2+ guns, the refuelling pod under the starport wing and standoff weaponry launcher under the port wing plus a couple less prominent things like the sensory equipment, domes, antennas and stuff.

hey this is not related to your add ons but can i just ask when the RKSL website is going to be back online i have been checking it for frequently for a long time now but im sure it will be worth it. Also would you guys consider making a royal navy merlin as i cant find one around although im sure there must be one. Also im loving the c130 above looks like it is going to be a great add on!! thanks

hey this is not related to your add ons but can i just ask when the RKSL website is going to be back online i have been checking it for frequently for a long time now but im sure it will be worth it. Also would you guys consider making a royal navy merlin as i cant find one around although im sure there must be one. Also im loving the c130 above looks like it is going to be a great add on!! thanks

According to the plan it went on line about 2 months ago... but as you can tell the "plan" is proving to be increasingly irrelevant.

I've been in and out of hospital recently and while i'm in there I cant get to my own sites. They are blocked by their firewall for "violent content". I'm having to VPN into server at home just to get my emails via remote desktop so I'm really limited with bandwidth, time and what I can do. Fortunately modelling isn't limited by net access so I'm managing to get a lot of stuff done.

As for the RN Merlin HM1/2... don't worry its already in hand.

The C-130 is actually and old (and unfinished) OFP addon that i've finally unwrapped and started to texture. With the new feature set possible in ArmA2:CO and OA it should be rather cool.

According to the plan it went on line about 2 months ago... but as you can tell the "plan" is proving to be increasingly irrelevant.

I've been in and out of hospital recently and while i'm in there I cant get to my own sites. They are blocked by their firewall for "violent content". I'm having to VPN into server at home just to get my emails via remote desktop so I'm really limited with bandwidth, time and what I can do. Fortunately modelling isn't limited by net access so I'm managing to get a lot of stuff done.

As for the RN Merlin HM1/2... don't worry its already in hand.

The C-130 is actually and old (and unfinished) OFP addon that i've finally unwrapped and started to texture. With the new feature set possible in ArmA2:CO and OA it should be rather cool.

thanks very much for the update glad t hear about the merlin!! :) and the c130 for that matter.Also I hope that you recover from whatever is taking you into hospital soon.

Thanks again and good luck with the other stuff you are working on at the moment!!

Nice looking C130 RKSL-Rock, thats some good news on the Merlin too. Hope things get good on the hospital part, keep the good work up.