Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Panthera for ArmA 2

kju: I would really love to see big wars on Panthera, let me know if you need anything!

BoxiouS: nice flying, tnx for the presentation, I still use

from A1 ;)

suhsjake: its supposed to be that way, road bridge at Belca has been washed away by a landslide, few rock formations there still testify that ;) and about the blue areas, I'm trying to hunt them down in each release but few always slip through :]

BTW all: Server keys are now included in v2.3, so I hope to see more missions and servers running it ;)

BoxiouS: nice flying, tnx for the presentation, I still use
from A1 ;)

Ta lol. I was just having fun:) Nice video btw:cool:

Would love to see some multiplayer on this island. it runs so sweet!

Mr Ice, sir.

We like this a lot. Do you have any hires maps of the entire island? I'm planning a couple of big missions here and having a paper map down to 'zoomed in map level' would be really useful for me and others. :)

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Hmm. Error report.

I knocked up a small tourism mission and put it on my dedi server so me and a mate could have a fly around.

I joined first and admin up and started the mission, he joined and got an error.

pantherobjecterror1.gif

He clicked through and we began exploring. We touched down at Ramons Villa.

7ff1bf30d269a7ba95ec99adcfbb905fac55f784.jpg

I say to him... did you have to land quite so close to that building...

8c5963e46c515caca0e2ae07bbafacbe44aec698.jpg

He replies.. what building? He says they show up on his map, but not on main view. Most odd.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t16/pauleden/gaming/pantheramissingbuilding.gif

Edited by Rellikki
Posted image > 100kb

Looks like he's missing ibr_plants.pbo! But its required in the config??

Thanks, I'll mention that to him. Any chance you have a detailed map available?

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

And here so you can appreciate the loveliness, apart from that error is a nice screenshot and fly vid.

4a97b2b003908863d68dc60fe849a975bfd68dbc.jpg

16659c-4.jpg

It´s really awesome Ice, i guess you can enter about 98% of all the buildings you added! I will start designing some AAS-Missions on this masterpiece as soon as possible but they will also require the Litte-Birds-Addon by Cyborg11.

Here are some more Screens (1920x1200 with 2xAA)

Just one more mirror :

Download Panthera 2.3 by IceBreakr

Little Birds 2.2 by Cyborg11

1. yeah I know, did you ever drive around Italy? :)

2. they appear to be on the map, but not actually. Do you have a screenshot?

3. Yeah a bit bumpy, maybe I'll fix that.

Tnx

Will anyone try to make a Warfare mission for it? :)

1. No mate never been to Italy :)

2. I will take some soon and post here

Again excellent map

Gday Icebreaker. Love ya work, this map has it all ;P

In version 2.2 i had these errors - Cannot load texture

ibr\ibr_ plants\data\hang_okna_ca.paa

and

ibr_ plants\data\hang_okna_prask.paa

Can you tell me if this has been fixed in the new version?

thx

viibez: its been fixed.

A tip how to get to a guard tower: double press CTRL to lay weapon down and then you can climb the stairs.

That is from the ArmA 1 building RH. Its like that on all those buildings. Its even like that on all islands that use that building in ARMA2.

Hope it can be fixed somehow it really spoils the immersion.

A tip how to get to a guard tower: double press CTRL to lay weapon down and then you can climb the stairs.

:yay::bounce3::yay:

Will DL and make some missions ;)

I found a little bug with this "hangar" or something like that

It got bugged shadow lod :p

Put shadow detail to high or above. That might clear that.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

:yay::bounce3::yay:

Will DL and make some missions ;)

Me too!

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Ice, have you thought about setting up shop over at http://dev-heaven.net/home? I reckon that this project is going to get so big and popular, it might be easier to manage it there instead of in this one thread.

i found problems with bridges tanks sink in it not through but they sink in it tracks are not visble used p85 t- 55 and for some add reason some of the troops wont cross the bridge

Edited by SuperRat

RH: BIS imported A1 buildings and somehow they f*cked up shadow LODs, put Shadows to High and the "bug" will disappear. I surely won't be fixing BIS errors.

TankBuster: dev-heaven would be really cool I have to talk to the guys about putting a new project up there.

SuperRat: hmm, I'm not sure what I can do about that, I'm not good in altering the p3d objects. And I'm using only stuff from A1/A2.

Nice job Ice, great to see new Islands, and updates! This is what makes this game so great. Great work!

Despite all of the small little issues here and there this is easily my favorite island since Podoga in ArmA! Thanks for the hardwork IceBreakr.

Now we have the 1st three AAS-Missions available on our 2nd Server using Panthera 2.3 and of course the CoolBox-AAS-Scripts r284. It´s so great to have rivers now, destroyable bridges and that you can enter/climb nearly all buildings. You did a fantastic job Ice! Playing AAS now is more intense than ever before. Missions will be released seperatly after some gameplay tests.

If someone is interested in AAS and Panthera, I suggest visiting this Server -> b_350x20_C692108-381007-FFFFFF-000000.png

There you´ll see:

1. Berkabut Valley

2. Cold Water Gap

3. The New World

Besides Panthera 2.3 you´ll also need the Little-Bird-Addon 2.2 to play "Cold Water Gap" and "The New World". All three missions should work with lower player numbers but they support up to 50 players. However we would be pleased if we could even fill up the just 20 Slots of our Test-Server.

If you´re interested in designing your own AAS-Missions based on Panthera I migrated the great Chernarus-AAS-Templates made by CoolBox over to Panthera. Just Download and start your Editor (nearly no Scripting-Knowledge needed!) relocate and add stuff as you like.

All three missions should work with lower player numbers but they support up to 50 players. However we would be pleased if we could even fill up the just 20 Slots of our Test-Server.

I'm going to repair my joystick today. If i'm sucessfull, i will drop by tonight !

Benny also released his Warfare mod for Panthera, you can grab it here!

Icebreakr,

Would you be prepared to release the satmap to help mission makers who are using this island?

Tankbuster: how big would still be usuful? Format PDF/JPG? Would towns need to be marked on?