Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Panthera for ArmA 2

Looks good, but I find the AI to have extreme difficulties with the brigdes.

Yes it's too bad because it kinda limit your missions a bit, i was making a mission at "Most na Soci" but gave up on it due to AI vs bridge problems :(

Wonder if it can be fixed, it would really be nice though :)

Maybe wider bridges :confused:

This might do the trick...

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@panthera

Make a copy of your ArmA2 shortcut and add the -mod=@panthera

-nosplash is optional

Works for me.

I feel much better now! :bounce3:

HEY IceB. did you have slovensku vojsku and weapons YUGO in arma1

or was somebody else from slovenija community

Yeah, there were several of SBP members working on that stuff. Smukec worked on unit uniforms, McHide on weapons, LWulf on configs and technical knowledge, Aryes and couple others I'm sure etc.

Hopefully Panthera will get their army and police soon ;)

Guys over at Dev-Heaven were so kind to setup a project to track down the bugs and for ideas on what to implement in future updates. Please use it:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ibr-panthera/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=1

Edited by IceBreakr

icebreakr:your island is a piece of Art and you are a an Artist

well i was having a blast with this island ( race track haha!!) and was annoyed that i couldnt do ANY missions on it so i adapted cipher to it, i would like to let it out but not sure if it would be a good thing :) [in other words, wiper, can i? lol ]

i have never played a mission to completion so i dono if it fails but i can say it does get a whole hell of a lot harder to do cipher on panthera :)

all of the mountains and all of the crazy bumps on the roads made me remove the moter cycles and put in a car ( VW )

...i adapted cipher to it, i would like to let it out but not sure if it would be a good thing :) [in other words, wiper, can i? lol ]...

You should PM Wiper and not ask here. Good idea, but be sure you PM him. Lots of work has gone into that mission and you need permission to do it.

Alex

You should PM Wiper and not ask here. Good idea, but be sure you PM him. Lots of work has gone into that mission and you need permission to do it.

Alex

yeah i know it must have took a long time, thats why i asked.

and i posted it here cause i was seeing if there was interest, saying i liked panthera and asking at the same time lol. ill pm him later in the week after i know there is no weird bug that is game killer.

oh and panthera with grass is just a frame killer, even without the trees are pretty dense and drop my frames a little mainly when scoped and driving but not too bad. LOVE the desert area

OMG!!!!!! I just got this game and then I found this map, this map is a beautiful masterpiece!! Thanks so much ice great job! :yay::yay:

Hi your island is piece of art

Am in a clan with a server that is rented from art of war

and would like to make this island run there.

I have the rights to do whatever changes to our server but dunno the procedure to upload the island

i put the ibr.bikey into the keys but it seems thats no enough

Plz need help!!

thanks in advance:)

you need to ask them to add you a addon folder in your server game folder i had a server from them and onces they put a addon folder in your server set up you just add the pbo into it and restart your server

you need to ask them to add you a addon folder in your server game folder i had a server from them and onces they put a addon folder in your server set up you just add the pbo into it and restart your server

thanks for the response :)Ok the addon folder is already there now in the case of panthera island should i upload only ''panthera.pbo'' or all the file of the zip?

All of the files, ibr_plants contains buildings and plants, not to mention ibr_rn that contains roads and bridges!

Does anyone know what I should add to config that ibr_plants.pbo and ibr_rn.pbo would be required or the island doesn't show up ingame? I'm worried guys only put panthera.pbo on their mod folder and then complain on bunch of stuff missing?

p.s. new v2.31 is in the works.

Edited by IceBreakr

*drools.

Did you get an account at Dev Hev? I'm convinced that there's a lot of people who would love to help out with this project.

All of the files, ibr_plants contains buildings and plants, not to mention ibr_rn that contains roads and bridges!

Does anyone know what I should add to config that ibr_plants.pbo and ibr_rn.pbo would be required or the island doesn't show up ingame? I'm worried guys only put panthera.pbo on their mod folder and then complain on bunch of stuff missing?

Yes first i uploaded only panthera.pbo and the server was running but not showing on servers list then i put the rest of the pbo+bisign file and it worked

Glad it was resolved:)

Hello folks,

I've been looking at this cracking island but the island doesnt show up in the campaign menu, does that mean that it's multiplayer only?

I have installed it al by the book but how is everyone here playing it? Sorry if it's a stupid question but if it is MP only then I dont have a chance as i've only got a crappy pay as you go dongle, boo.

Did you get an account at Dev Hev? I'm convinced that there's a lot of people who would love to help out with this project.

Yes, open issues can be seen here and recent activity here!

Autana: you're not doing it right, it should show up even in SinglePlayer-Editor. -mod=@Panthera should do it, make sure you have \addons dir in \@Panthera ;)

Archangellos: thank you!

Edited by IceBreakr

Yes, open issues can be seen here and recent activity here!

Autana: you're not doing it right, it should show up even in SinglePlayer-Editor. -mod=@Panthera should do it, make sure you have \addons dir in \@Panthera ;)

Archangellos: thank you!

Ah it does show up in the single player editor, but not in the campaign menu so does that mean I have to add my own edits to the map and it doesnt have any pre determined AI on it and it doesnt have a campaign?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, i'm still getting the hang of it all and I only get about half an hour on me gaming pc before I get moaned off it.. :o

I barely managed to put together island, campaigns and missions will be done by community (hopefully), I'm already working on Coop/PvP missions that I'll let you know in my signature.

I barely managed to put together island, campaigns and missions will be done by community (hopefully), I'm already working on Coop/PvP missions that I'll let you know in my signature.

Thanks icbreakr :)

If I hadnt of been so hasty yet again I might of actually read right at the bottom of your firts post and seen that there isnt any mission with the map, dur.. :o

Cheers for the heads up.

Progress update on v2.31:

Task #5434 (Closed): Town of Skooma rebuilt, enlarged 3x, realistic urban design.

Task #5439 (Closed): Town Zelezniki re-done.

Bug #5402 (Closed): Radovljica re-done, new streets, more realistic urban design.

Bug #5405 (Closed): Hangars (hut_old02.p3d) that have bugged shadow lods were replaced (p3d) with working one (A1), works perfectly.

ETA: This Thursday (tommorow).

Excellent news IceBreakr, thanks for the info. These changes sound great. I've been working on a few SP missions using your map and I love it. It's a beautiful map with so many great locations for fighting. Thanks for the time and effort.