Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Panthera for ArmA 2

Who has told Domination?:butbut: Where to download:confused: Love Domi :) People allow to download any mission for this island!!!! :bounce3: And also the list necessary addons for mission!) last island (panthera) i have)

Tankbuster: how big would still be usuful? Format PDF/JPG? Would towns need to be marked on?

I suppose the more data the better. Town names.. more is good. If you make it big, we can just squeeze it down. PDF or JPG? Ideally, both. :)

Coop mission pack is being prepared (Pantheran War v1.00), along with new separate RPG mission: PvP26_Crooks v1.3

great map. anyone know where i can find some missions for it?

edit: i cant seem to join any server thats using the old standard map from arma 2. it keeps saying that a file with the name of this map needs to be signed by the server

Edited by jonneymendoza

I played a Warfare on this map & Namalsk I must say that was pretty fun

anyone can help my issue as to why i cant play on other servers that dont use this mod? i have made two shortcuts, one with the -mod @Panthera and one without it. both give me the same error.

Well, many servers still don't have signed signatures for Panthera. Hopefully that is about to change now that missions are coming out of the "woodwork".

So im going to have to uninstall this mod in order to play on most servers? surely their is a way to enable and disable certain mods?

a moddable game like this needs a proper UI to manage mods. take note at home fallout 3 does it

Errr, you quit the game, remove @Panthera from -mod= parameter and restart, is that too hard? I'm not sure if FO3 has a menu for enable/disable mod, but Oblivion did that in launcher.

I just use different shortcuts on my desktop.

One for vanilla Arma 2

One for VopSound mod only

One with everything,

etc.

Silly me. I did not read you thing properly where you said that without the @Panthera you still have the issue.

If you remove the mod you can connect ? That would be weird because it shouldnt be loaded.

Unless you have put panthera pbos inside a folder that contain all the other mods you are using.

Edited by The_Angry_Canadian

Dear IceBreakr

First of all my congrats to this very detailed and beautiful Island of yours. I love it very much and I guess it has been a hell of a work for you to complete it. I’m still testing different things.

AI driving:

AI stays on roadways most of the time I gave a Humvee unit a way point from South to North. There are some traps where the normally stupid AI gets stuck when driving vehicles but it manged 90 % of all trials I did, to overcome all hard obstacles he might encounter on it’s way. There are some sharp 90° curves where the AI had slightly difficulties but they kept going after some 30-40 seconds. I experienced 2 times that they left roadways because the AI most probably lost track of the path. But most of the time there were no driving issues of the AI.

The atmosphere of Panthera 2,3 is really great and the Island is so beautiful that it’s pity to let a war lose on your Island, instead of making holidays on it. LOL.

I just found 1 annoying thing, the same Paullies already pointed out. There is 1 wooden barn of Armed Assault I guess which has a floating shadow somehow. It is not a game breaking issue however it disturbs and it leaves this masterpiece with a little flaw. Which is really a pity due to your outstanding work and effort you put in to create this fantastic Island.

If it was me I would try to fix it . . . if it can’t be fixed easily I would remove it from the map then to make it a true masterpiece without any kind of issues. But hey . . . it’s just my personal opinion.

Once again my kudos. And thank you for sharing this beauty with the community.

Kind regards

nettrucker:D

Errr, you quit the game, remove @Panthera from -mod= parameter and restart, is that too hard? I'm not sure if FO3 has a menu for enable/disable mod, but Oblivion did that in launcher.

Or just have multiple shortcuts with different mods etc and a vanilla one.

I just use different shortcuts on my desktop.

One for vanilla Arma 2

One for VopSound mod only

One with everything,

etc.

Silly me. I did not read you thing properly where you said that without the @Panthera you still have the issue.

If you remove the mod you can connect ? That would be weird because it shouldnt be loaded.

Unless you have put panthera pbos inside a folder that contain all the other mods you are using.

i put it inside the addon folder in arma 2 and for some reason, even on the vanilla shortcut it still says i cant play online because of this mod:confused:

When I downloaded 2.3, it had 3 pbos in the 7z.

ibr_plants.pbo

ibr_rn.pbo

panthera2.pbo

Now, when I look at the Armaholic page, it has these files listed as included.

ibr_plants.pbo

panthera2.pbo

roads.pbo

slo_objects.pbo

Have I missed an update?

The first three are OK I think, that are the same I have. Those below might be from 2.0 and they haven´t updated their description?

they (armaholic) haven´t updated their description?

That would seem to be the case. Thanks :)

i put it inside the addon folder in arma 2 and for some reason, even on the vanilla shortcut it still says i cant play online because of this mod:confused:

There's your problem there. never ever put user made content (mods/addons/etc) into the official addons folder. make a modfolder instead. it is to avoid this kind of problem and more.

Then use alpinestar ARMA2 launcher. It will manage the mod you want to load

Downloaded and tried island a couple of days ago, only briefly. Looks good, but I find the AI to have extreme difficulties with the brigdes. Sorry if this was already mentioned, didn't have to to read all.

I can't get it to work!

i installed all the files in the correct locations but it wont work!

( i mean it wont show up in editor or armory selection menus )

EDIT: i figured out i need 1.03 to run, i don't update much :o DLing patch now

i'll be experiencing awesomeness in 10 minutes

EDIT 2: correction, 9 minutes lol :D

Edited by Blueteamguy

Great job IceBreakr, the island looks great and runs really smooth here, click to open / download 5040x1050.

91dfae59b6fb4edcc5982fa8faf6925f6g.jpg

32fd30694e08696ad666b9ff6447df216g.jpg

I can't get it to work!

i installed all the files in the correct locations but it wont work!

( i mean it wont show up in editor or armory selection menus )

1). Copy the folder "@panthera" which include a sub folder called "addons" into "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2". The addons folder should have the following files:

ibr.bikey

ibr_plants.pbo

ibr_plants.pbo.ibr.bisign

ibr_rn.pbo

ibr_rn.pbo.ibr.bisign

panthera2.pbo

panthera2.pbo.ibr.bisign

2). Edit your ArmA 2 link on your desktop so it looks similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@panthera

3). Start ArmA 2 with your edited link.

There's your problem there. never ever put user made content (mods/addons/etc) into the official addons folder. make a modfolder instead. it is to avoid this kind of problem and more.

Then use alpinestar ARMA2 launcher. It will manage the mod you want to load

Well according to the readme it said to install it on addon folder in arma 2 :confused: so what do i do now? create a seperate addone folder within the root directory of arma 2 such has c:/Arma 2 and create a fodler called addons2 or something?

How would i load up the addons? same way using the -mod@modname shortcut? how does it find this mod if its in a different location?

jonney, jonney, jonney...

extract the files and you'll be left with a folder called @Panthera. Move this folder into your main Arma 2 folder, ie C:\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\

Now either use a launcher to find this addon folder or change your target line in your shortcut icon on your desktop. At the end of the target line should be something like this:

.... -mod= @Panthera

Pretty straight forward really mate.