Sign in to follow this  
USSRsniper

Cheytac M200

Some modeling feedback: the bolt handle is *way* too small. I think that your addon is superior to the other one, but you need to look at the other guy's bolt model. It's how it should be.

Great job on the rifle overall.

The silent version of this weapon is still "loud" for the enemie AI. They recognize the weapon in the same way like the version without the silencer. Of course, the silenced version is silenced for the human ear, but unfortunately not for the AI.

What do you have to change, to make a weapon also for the AI silenced? Like the VSS Vintorez for example? Change something in the config.cpp?

You need a different magazine/ammo class, so it doesn't matter what version of the rifle you use, it's up to the magazine you load into it

Ah ok. Thx for the answer.

But there is only the magazine class "ussr_5Rnd_408" working with this weapon or can I use a different silenced magazine/ammo class? Or do I have to create a magazine class by my own?

The CheyTac M200 Intervention sniper rifle uses a suppressor instead of a silencer.

...A supressor is a silencer. "Silencer" is the lamens terms for a supressor.

Cool little addon though.

Yes, you are correct but I'll still call them suppressors. :) Old habits I guess.

The CheyTac M200 Intervention sniper rifle uses a suppressor instead of a silencer. This video clearly shows how loud the rifle is with the suppressor. :) CheyTac M200 Intervention Sniper Rifle Still sounds sweet. :cool:

Rifle would be much quieter with Subsonic ammo, you would have no chance in hell of hearing it, or which direction it came from. It would however have much less range and require a higher grain bullet to offset reduced energy from lower velocity. Suppressor is still good without subsonic ammo at long ranges because it will hide the muzzle flash.

For your next weapon you should do this http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn46-e.htm

Quote: "WS 2000 is wery formidable weapon. It fires 20 gramm (308 grains) tungsten dart (fleschette) with muzzle velocity of 1450 meters per second (4750 fps). At 1000 meters this projectile will penetrate a 40 mm of RHA (rollded homogenous steel armour) and will result in serious secondary fragmentation effect behind the armour. That said, it will penetrate two walls of any modern APC at one kilometer range. The trajectory is very flat and does not rise higher than 800 mm above the line of sight when fired to 1000 meters. The cartridge is of somewhat original design, and has plastic case with steel head and base. The projectile is concealed within a plastic sabot."

Supressed Chetac is not silent, it doesn't use subsonic ammo as VSS Vintorez. So if i make config similar to Vss Vintorez it would mean that Cheytac is firing subsonic ammunition... In ArmA 2 it is the bullet class which defines how loud the gun is not the actual config of the gun or the magazine. So AI hears the bullet but not the gun? :/

class USSR_408ch_base:BulletBase

{

hit = 25;

indirectHit = 1;

indirectHitRange = 0.01;

visibleFire = 18;

audibleFire = 18;

visibleFireTime = 3;

airLock = true;

cost = 20;

airFriction = -0.00035;

caliber = 1.88;

muzzleEffect = "BIS_Effects_HeavySniper";

};

Edited by USSRsniper

I like your gun USSR sniper, the model is very nice, but to be honest the animation for shooting is ridiculous, the torso and head compresses to an incredibly unnatural degree that would shatter your spine, the standard firing animation would have gone better. Also, the scope sight looks very rushed, it looks very low res and has a fuzzy look to it. A custom sound would not go astray either, anything different would be a plus, a sound simply ripped from another game would suffice, just not the stock M107 sound that sounds like the gauss gun from Crysis.

Hey folks,

Nice weapon you have here ! It's good to have some silenced sniper.

Just one thing I found a bit strange: the optic. It feels like some "fisherprice" toy. Maybe you wanna try out one of these which correspond to the real one.

The scope:

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/SCOPES_OVERVIEW/5_5-22x50___5_5-22x56/5_5-22x50___5_5-22x56.html

Different reticles:

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/RETICLES_OVERVIEW/reticles_overview.html

The NP-R1 seems to be the right choice and looks really nice to me:

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/RETICLES_OVERVIEW/RETICLES_DETAIL/NP-R1-22x.pdf

Or maybe this MIL-DOT here:

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/RETICLES_OVERVIEW/RETICLES_DETAIL/Mil-Dot-15x_copy.pdf

By the way how do I make .p3d files ? What softwares/tools do you use to output such files, couldn't find anything interesting on the net..

Thanks in advance.

Edited by MNX

Hey folks,

Nice weapon you have here ! It's good to have some silenced sniper.

Just one thing I found a bit strange: the optic. It feels like some "fisherprice" toy. Maybe you wanna try out one of these which correspond to the real one.

The scope:

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/SCOPES_OVERVIEW/5_5-22x50___5_5-22x56/5_5-22x50___5_5-22x56.html

Different reticles:

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/RETICLES_OVERVIEW/reticles_overview.html

The NP-R1 seems to be the right choice and looks really nice to me:

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/RETICLES_OVERVIEW/RETICLES_DETAIL/NP-R1-22x.pdf

Or maybe this MIL-DOT here:

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/RETICLES_OVERVIEW/RETICLES_DETAIL/Mil-Dot-15x_copy.pdf

By the way how do I make .p3d files ? What softwares/tools do you use to output such files, couldn't find anything interesting on the net..

Thanks in advance.

The one on the gun does correspond to the real one, for the polygon count it currently has.... And the reticule is mil dot with dots that are not solid.

the standard firing animation would have gone better. .

It is standard animation :D

Edited by USSRsniper

It is standard animation :D

I can assure you it is far from the standard animation, get an M107, go prone and fire it, then get your Cheytac, go prone and fire, your torso and head compresses to 60% of their normal length then bounces back.

The new version will be coming out, so everyone who posted suggestions don't think they are useless. new version will have custom hand animations, optimized polygon count, and more high poly scope with high resolution texture. And other small config tweaks. Maybe animated bolt will be included ;) So if anyone finds some good scope pictures you are welcome to send the link through BIS forums PM.

I can assure you it is far from the standard animation, get an M107, go prone and fire it, then get your Cheytac, go prone and fire, your torso and head compresses to 60% of their normal length then bounces back.

It's not animations it's the high recoil which is about 50% less compared to ArmA 1 recoil. But I realized that the recoil was improved in ArmA 2 on the M107.

Edited by USSRsniper

and please add these weapons to some kind of ammo-crate!!!

and please add these weapons to some kind of ammo-crate!!!

You can always use addWeapon for that :P

Like: this addweapon "ussr_cheytacM200"; this addmagazine "ussr_5Rnd_408";

ok mate I'm back and currently working on the weapons, so if you'd still like me to do some sounds for your, I'd be more than happy to :)

UPDATE:

I've been busy working and managed to make 4 sounds each for silenced/unsilenced. About to test them out, so I'll post update if they sound alright :)

Edited by Mark XIII

ok mate I'm back and currently working on the weapons, so if you'd still like me to do some sounds for your, I'd be more than happy to :)

UPDATE:

I've been busy working and managed to make 4 sounds each for silenced/unsilenced. About to test them out, so I'll post update if they sound alright :)

Thank you :cheers:

Update on the model:

There will be major update, since I'm creating high poly version so I could get high quality normal maps :) The current model as made old school method, create the model, and generate normal maps in Photoshop...

Thanks guys, I don't want to interrupt you but as an enthusiast I must say I am following the development! :) thumbs up!

USSRsniper ?

Any chance of different camo colors to this awesome sniperrifle..??

And if possible add this rifle to other versions of snipers..??

over and out..

Check your PM please! :) Looking forward to the update. :cool:

Got the sounds which are great, now model update is left to do :)