Sign in to follow this  
USSRsniper

Cheytac M200

I'm not even going to pretend I understood that Fox. I was under the impression that the picture you saw through the site had nothing to do with the actual model of the weapon or scope. Is that not true?

Well it'd be pretty silly if the model had a standard scope on it but magically became a thermal sight when you looked through it.

What do you mean silly? It's not real, it's a video game. I'm not asking if it's realistic, I'm asking if it can be done. It wouldn't bother me if the scope was a squirrel and you looked through it's ass and saw thermal vision out it's mouth. I just want to know if adding thermal vision is done though the weapon config.

60 seconds of searching on this forum.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=107972&highlight=thermal

Maybe it's what you're looking for?

If it isn't suitable, then why not contact the author and ask if you can dePbo it so you can check out how he added TI to the gun? He may even be able to help you. This sort of stuff should be in Configs and Scripting though.

Sorry for the hijack USSRsniper.

Thanks, but I already got that. I don't think it took me 60 seconds though. That's pretty quick. I took at least 70 or 80. It a pretty cool weapon, but not silenced. I'm looking for the hat trick; thermal, silenced and heavy. However, exploding bullets are pretty cool. Checking out the config is a good idea though, thanks for tip. And your right, I probably shouldn't have posted in the addons complete. Sorry about that.

Edited by Perineum

It wouldn't bother me if the scope was a squirrel and you looked through it's ass and saw thermal vision out it's mouth.

Errrrr, that would be amazing tbh. Squirrel optics 4tw.

Ok, I figured it out if anybody is interested. I got that Cheytac addon working pretty good. Made the textures not so bright, added the zeroing ability and thermal imaging. Here are the lines I added to the config.bin

weaponInfoType = "RscWeaponZeroing";

discreteDistance[] = {200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000,1100,1200,1300,1400,1500,1600,1700,1800};

discreteDistanceInitIndex = 2;

visionMode[] = {"Normal","Ti"};

thermalMode[] = {0,1};

adjust the discreet distance numbers as you see fit. The Cheytac has a max range of 1800 (as written in the cfg), so I figured why not have it zero out that far. I didn't have to use squirrel optics after all.

Can't get it to work with arrowhead and I am a newbie with all this, have been looking around a way to port it Arrowhead.

This is probably too old to matter, but if you're paying attention Ithilien, do you have the standalone version of Arrowhead or the Combined Ops version? Maybe the addon needs some Arma 2 core files that Arrowhead doesn't have.

I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm hoping someone out there still cares about this beautiful piece of shooting art.

Does anyone know how to get this compatible with backpacks? I'm running Arma II Combined Operations and I can have this or my backpack but not both.

Any information or guidance would be most appreciated!

I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm hoping someone out there still cares about this beautiful piece of shooting art.

Does anyone know how to get this compatible with backpacks? I'm running Arma II Combined Operations and I can have this or my backpack but not both.

Any information or guidance would be most appreciated!

I don't know how to modify the pbo to make it compatible with backpack (rucks) in Vanilla ArmA2 CO but I would recommend that you consider installing ACE2.

If you are running ACE2 you will have the ability to use the rifle along with a ruck.

Just a thought,

Theopolus.