Sign in to follow this  
USSRsniper

Cheytac M200

Hi mate,

Glad you like the sounds, if you need them editing in anyway let me know an I'll do my best..Also, sorry about not sending the config, I hope the info I pm'd worked out ok for ya.

Looking forward to the next update :)

The rifle is pretty good. Hopefully the next update will be a big improvement. I wonder if this rifle will be included in the ACE 2 mod in an update. :D

Played around in 3ds max and found that there is not that much to improve, except the scope and bolt, for reload animation with moving bolt :) Can't promise anything but the new version might be done after the holidays.

Just to let you know mate, I'm gonna re-edit those sounds, they good but I think I can do better. I'll upload and PM you when I get them done.

Just to let you know mate, I'm gonna re-edit those sounds, they good but I think I can do better. I'll upload and PM you when I get them done.

If you want you can create bolt movement sounds too, those might be needed too :)

Made some reload animations, they look weird but better at the same time. Weird because after you fire a shot bullet casing drops even though the bolt didn't move :)

Why not integrate the bullet in the 'loaded' magazine (so include it in the magazine selection name) and have it already positioned in the 'pre-load chamber' or how it is called. Maybe it is even possible to include it to the bolt animation but i guess you would have to make two named selections for bolt then...one for going backwards (without bullet) and one for the forward (loading) animation with bullet sliding in the barrel.

Should work i think. I always used to model a bullet in my 'bolt' riffles, not sure if ACE made bullet animation though (didn't had time yet to check).

You should seriously considder adding this gun to the ACE2 project. It would make an awesome addition and would fit very very nicely into the other sniping stuff they have been working on.

Also, it would instantly expose your work to everyone that is or will use ACE, which would be... almost everyone playing Arma2 :)

Well, all he has to do is to add a variable for weight and a variable for volume as far as I know (might be more, so best check the ACE2 wiki or with a dev) and it'll be fully ACE-compatible :)

After some editing I found some inaccuracies, it looks like I was modeling it based on Airsoft version which is not 100% accurate :eek:

Well, all he has to do is to add a variable for weight and a variable for volume as far as I know (might be more, so best check the ACE2 wiki or with a dev) and it'll be fully ACE-compatible :)

Did contact a dev, no response so far.

By the way got bolt movement animations to work.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7018/cheytac.jpg

Edited by USSRsniper

He's part of RHS, looking at his sig, which rocks. Maybe it's coming in one of those releases.

Thank god you came to remind him, I'm sure he was just sitting there waiting for some one to ask. ;)

Hey USSRSniper, great addon!

I've made some tweaks to the original config (7-rounds magazines, fully ACE-compatible etc.), please if you want contact me via MSN so I can make you an FTP in our dev server and let you download my version for you to check and implement (if you find it good, of course).

I've also made some different textures to for the scope and body, like an A-TACS finish I really like that removes some of the too-shiny aspects of the gun.

Anyway, great mod. Sorry I can't post anything here because of the regulations, I've just PM'd you my MSN.

Edited by Reezo

He's part of RHS, looking at his sig, which rocks. Maybe it's coming in one of those releases.

Well RHS is mainly about Russian vehicles/weapons, so there will be something else made by me. ;)

Great work USSRSniper! My question is a bit off-topic: is factible to use this weapon in Armed Assault (ArmA 1)? If doesn't, how dificult will be the adptation? Thanks in advance!

PD: Sorry, English isn't my native language.

it would be possible , but there are some things that need to be downgraded of course. I dont think that has been done yet , it's always been porting. and weapons themselves don't need much modification to be working on A2...

a config change and a rvmat removal / downgrade might work . and of course opening in older o2..

The cheytac is ONLY good with its targetting computer... combined with that it's an awesome rifle. Any plans to make the targetting computer to go with it?

I'm sure ACE would want to combine this with their vector rangefinder... and kestrel systems, it would be a powerful weapon if it became a full weapons system like real life.

Edited by rexehuk

Is it difficult to port a addon like this over to Arrowhead? I mean, say you wanted to add zeroing ability and a thermal site?

you'd need a thermal sight model, but the rest is pretty simple . CQB sights etc is just a matter of adding memory points ..