Sign in to follow this  
USSRsniper

Cheytac M200

By the way the weapon is too yellow, it's because of HDR/Bloom.

In buldozer it looks fine but in game, I wish there was something in config which could change how the HDR/Bloom affects the model. Because in real life you don't see the "bloom" effect around white and lightly colored objects :/

The real deal seems to be a mixture of green and yellow. Maybe you could tone down the colours to compensate?

cheytac-2.jpg

When I'm back in the game I'll happilymake you some good sounds for this beast of a weapon:)

Yes!!!

When I shoot at a human with SLX Wounds addon, it explodes !

The Vanilla M107 doesn't inflict that much damage.

Also the straight ballistic is a bit strange.

That needs to be fixed...USSRSniper, can you have a look at that? I mean blasting off a head or part of arm/leg is okay, but exploding bodies when hit in the leg ain't soo great....

Thanks!

i like this gun, very nice shooting with it.

only way to shoot with it though is when your prone.

when i use the gun for the first time in a mission, i get a popup dialogue error things, something about recoil bin or something.

That needs to be fixed...USSRSniper, can you have a look at that? I mean blasting off a head or part of arm/leg is okay, but exploding bodies when hit in the leg ain't soo great....

Thanks!

That's because of how SLX works. SLX either makes the whole person explode, or nothing happens at all. Mod SLX to fix the problem ;)

i like this gun, very nice shooting with it.

only way to shoot with it though is when your prone.

when i use the gun for the first time in a mission, i get a popup dialogue error things, something about recoil bin or something.

What version of ArmA 2 were you using when you got that message?

This is strange, because my M200 has smaller caliber, and smaller hit value

My M200

hit = 25;

caliber = 1.88;

BIS M107

hit = 26;

caliber = 2.07;

Its seems that SLX wound effects depend on the muzzle velocity(initSpeed).

Edited by USSRsniper

Awesome mod. I'm curious if anyone could tell me if its possible to embed this gun into a mission PBO? Right now I just added it to the ammo crate and run the cheytac as a mod, and it seems to work OK, but for simplicity I would like to embed it into the mission, and that way my buddies can use it without having to install the mod on their own.

Thanks

Are you adding some more textures to the weapon that fits in Cherna USSRSniper? :)

Are you adding some more textures to the weapon that fits in Cherna USSRSniper? :)

Yes, there will be more textures. New version will be released after BIS releases some info on making custom hand anims for the weapon.

Edited by USSRsniper

well i put the sniper on a map and it is great , but i finish my magazine , and i can't find it on the ammo box . what am I doing wrong ????

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

well i put the sniper on a map and it is great , but i finish my magazine , and i can't find it on the ammo box . what am I doing wrong ????

Sorry Sorry I got it lol

Hey i want to use it in MY multiplayer server, but i cant find the ammo crate for it, can someone find out how i can put it in one, it works fine in the armory, and its a VERY nice model,

thanks

You need to manually add the ammo to the ammobox. In other words, find the script that defines your ammo box (different in evolution, domination, etc)

Once you found it, you just add in the line for the cheytac ammo:

"ussr_5Rnd_408"

you'll see a big list of all the other ammo in the crate, just copy and paste this sucker into place. pretty easy

why are there 2 addons called "cheytac"??why,eh?

Because 2 addon makers wanted to make them, that's why. This Cheytac is much better IMHO.

Edited by GD Mast

Because 2 addon makers wanted to make them, that's why. This Cheytac is much better IMHO.

agreed. I used the other one and the ammo/gun icons are a bit screwy in the ammo box, and the gun kicks like crazy. This one is much much better.

Hey i want to use it in MY multiplayer server, but i cant find the ammo crate for it, can someone find out how i can put it in one, it works fine in the armory, and its a VERY nice model,

thanks

for a domination map the weapon/ammo selection are on the x_scripts folder and you are looking for the file :x_weaponcargo.sqf open that and add your weapon and magazine so you will not need to use the soldier , but everybody will be able to choose the weapon that they like . have fun

:):):)