318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

Is this a official OFP DR Tailer? Rendered by Comunnity Member. [/url]

Regards -rF- Cultivator

Community member? looks more like its the same people who made the other official DR CGI trailers.

Look on their channel:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B0F2B2A54AF13551

This is not fan-made, its made by Codemasters, or they paid another studio to make it for them.

strange.. i really don't understand why they do such pre-rendered videos.

I hate when they do it.

They should post ingame videos like BIS does so people know exactly what they can count.

The majority of gamers to which CM now appears to be trying to sell their game to are at an age, and a level of intellectual fortitude (regarding the development of games namely) that allows them to see rendered sequences while thinking that it is an accurate representation of the game being displayed. I know that is a generalization, but for the most part its true, and most of you guys know it.

Luckily I see most people pointing the fact that it is not gameplay out, and therefore quelling some of these people's inflamed sensory reports.

strange.. i really don't understand why they do such pre-rendered videos.

It can have more purposes than just advertisment. Testing out visual concepts and ideas for in house development, etc.

Were still waiting for an official person to comment on it, but according to a preview, there will be no editor in the console versions. Number of players on console is also reduced to 16, so in pvp team vs team, there will be max 8 vs 8.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344019

Quote[/b] ]Established in 1991 and headquartered in Moscow, Russia, Noviy Disk is the leading Developer, Producer, Publisher and Distributor of software and games in the Russian-speaking territories.

I don't see the controversy.

The controversy is that when BI and CM split, BI retained the exclusive rights to make a sequel.

Or in layterms, BI is the only entity legally allowed to create a game labeled as "the official sequel to Operation Flashpoint"

Essentially, CM is breaking the law every time they say "the sequel to OFP", using the positive press from OFP to boost their [CM's] product, when it is BI's right (legally and morally) to do so.

Thats where the fuss is. smile_o.gif

Well if that's I can see the controversy. smile_o.gif

However it sounds very strange that CM would agree to that. Considering they own the OFP name, why would they allow BIS to market their game as the OFP sequel? If BIS had any (legal) leverage they would keep the OFP name. Since they didn't I assume they had no leverage to market their product as anything with the OFP name (i.e. OFP sequel).

Anyways, I'm sure it's dicussed to death already and there's not much we can do about it.

I'm probably gonna buy games and make up my own mind, regardless of what the marketing campaigns are saying. smile_o.gif I belive OFP: DR will have a lot less bugs than BIS products tend to have but I doubt they'll be able to recreate the feel/playability. Time will tell.

Edit: Also the video discussed above is a pre-rendered movie made some time ago as a concept idea (I believe. Definately pre-rendered at least).

it really could be fan or russian publisher video, because i belive this is not rendered, but filmed in real enviroment and some cg layers added and postprocesed. its in fact bigger fake, then pure cg with ingame models.

Still a very kickass artillery strike! wow_o.gif

*goes off to play some CoC UA 1.1*

Yea +10 on that Artillery strike. The shockwaves rocked!! smile_o.gif It'd be cool to have that sound-delay between the seeing the explosion and hearing/feeling it.

-100 for whatever-render that is.

hehe, I agree with Ohara, the environment looks partially real, partially CGI, like if it were taped on a video-recorder.

It's a neat concept, just.not.enought.

It'd be cool to have that sound-delay between the seeing the explosion and hearing/feeling it.

You have already in Arma1 wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

And in Operation Flashpoint from 2001 wink_o.gif

Nicely made video nonetheless.

Another video presentation with hollywoodish special effects!! whistle.gif

Is CM going show something real ingame eg. the background story, AI behaviour, mission making (editor) in their next presentations? Or do they really make OF DR mainly for the fun-shooter crowd?

Luckily I see most people pointing the fact that it is not gameplay out, and therefore quelling some of these people's inflamed sensory reports.

I really liked this sentence for some reason smile_o.gif

The new vid is a good concept, nothing more.

It'd be cool to have that sound-delay between the seeing the explosion and hearing/feeling it.

You have already in Arma1  wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Too bad the immersion level compared to that trailer is 0.00000000001% with the lame arcade *Bhuum* sound effects of ArmA.

there will be no editor in the console versions.

Wow! crazy_o.gif

That was a dumb thing to cut out. The editor was pretty much the crux of OFP, even in OFP Elite.

I just read the Codemasters forum thread and it looks like a lot of the console players are packing all their shit up and leaving now that someone at CM confirmed it.

Gotta admit I find it quite funny as a PC gaming fanboy. However, I did think DR would make for a better console game than ArmA2 because of the gameplay changes CM appear to have made (i.e. making it like BF2 with a massive map). I did have a bit of interest in DR for consoles, but now the whole thing just seems pointless.

I don't see the controversy.

The controversy is that when BI and CM split, BI retained the exclusive rights to make a sequel.

Or in layterms, BI is the only entity legally allowed to create a game labeled as "the official sequel to Operation Flashpoint"

Essentially, CM is breaking the law every time they say "the sequel to OFP", using the positive press from OFP to boost their [CM's] product, when it is BI's right (legally and morally) to do so.

Thats where the fuss is. smile_o.gif

Well if that's I can see the controversy. smile_o.gif

However it sounds very strange that CM would agree to that. Considering they own the OFP name, why would they allow BIS to market their game as the OFP sequel? If BIS had any (legal) leverage they would keep the OFP name. Since they didn't I assume they had no leverage to market their product as anything with the OFP name (i.e. OFP sequel).

Anyways, I'm sure it's dicussed to death already and there's not much we can do about it.

I'm probably gonna buy games and make up my own mind, regardless of what the marketing campaigns are saying. smile_o.gif I belive OFP: DR will have a lot less bugs than BIS products tend to have but I doubt they'll be able to recreate the feel/playability. Time will tell.

Edit: Also the video discussed above is a pre-rendered movie made some time ago as a concept idea (I believe. Definately pre-rendered at least).

Typically speaking and in legal terms only....

If BIS accepted any money from Codemaster in the development of OpF, then they don't own the rights for it, if they didn't, then they still do.

I wouldn't want to bet that the Codemasters version will have less bugs. Remember Soldner. Everyone who has attempted a project of this scope so far has produced a very buggy software.

BIS actually produces the consistantly least buggy of all of them. But like you, I hope for the same.

You have already in Arma1  wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Too bad the immersion level compared to that trailer is 0.00000000001% with the lame arcade *Bhuum* sound effects of ArmA.

well i would be very disappointed if they cant manage to have such level of sound effect in a CGI movie tounge2.gif

Strange decision to leave out the editor :P

it was is one of the strong points of OFP/Arma games biggrin_o.gif

now its really just gonna be a standard vehicle shooter :P

Strange decision to leave out the editor :P

it was is one of the strong points of OFP/Arma games biggrin_o.gif

now its really just gonna be a standard vehicle shooter biggrin_o.gif

Maybe they are planning to milk some money from the console masses that will happily pay for DLC missions.

Gotta admit I find it quite funny as a PC gaming fanboy. However, I did think DR would make for a better console game than ArmA2 because of the gameplay changes CM appear to have made (i.e. making it like BF2 with a massive map). I did have a bit of interest in DR for consoles, but now the whole thing just seems pointless.

I have this odd feeling that OFDR is a console game first, PC second. Mainly because they prompt it so on their webpage.

Why can't sound effects of artillery falling for example be as good in-game as in that CGI video? Add those sounds in ArmA 2 and it would be a 100% better game.

did some reading through a big long thread of hate :P

seems codies pissed of alot of the console hardcore gamers by slicing out the mission editor.

Thx god Bis won't slice out the editor,

i mean you can have a mission editor but Cm could have put in new content like weapons and vehicles like Dlc biggrin_o.gif

but well I guess they didn't knew how to make editor work for consoles.

...with the lame arcade *Bhuum* sound effects of ArmA.

Your axe must be huge; you've been grinding it for weeks now. Admirable whistle.gif