vilas

VILAS addons release thread

mod dev team etc. i simply DO NOT WANT my addons to be used in any Dayz Mods , Dayz is for me cancer of this community , they stopped me addonmaking , i hate dayz mods cause they earn money on my countless hours, weeks, months or years of work I spent on something year of work and they collect dollars (some mods probably earn more than i earn), dayz turns into gambiling with for example virtual money ingame etc.

http://dayzhell.com/donate/ (BIS content)

found on google

http://dayzhell.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-dayz-epoch-server-coming-soon.39/#post-93

so they will put dayz epoch (using my vehicles pack) and they will collect money on ... my vehicles ( http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/donate/view-donations/ if it is all than not big money but hell, my vehicles) they earn anyway 1% of what "hackers" creating cheats earn probably

it is just one minute in google, spending more minutes in google will give more results, i am sick of it

Edited by vilas

mod dev team etc. i simply DO NOT WANT my addons to be used in any Dayz Mods , Dayz is for me cancer of this community , they stopped me addonmaking , i hate dayz mods cause they earn money on my countless hours, weeks, months or years of work I spent on something year of work and they collect dollars (some mods probably earn more than i earn), dayz turns into gambiling with for example virtual money ingame etc.

http://dayzhell.com/donate/ (BIS content)

found on google

http://dayzhell.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-dayz-epoch-server-coming-soon.39/#post-93

so they will put dayz epoch (using my vehicles pack) and they will collect money on ... my vehicles ( http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/donate/view-donations/ if it is all than not big money but hell, my vehicles) they earn anyway 1% of what "hackers" creating cheats earn probably

it is just one minute in google, spending more minutes in google will give more results, i am sick of it

I don't think that it's them using your content that's bad, it's them not asking for permission and claiming that it's their own. DayZ is not the 'cancer' of this community, it's the people who create the 'mods' and don't use any of their own input, and you should not let people's naive minds stop you from creating excellent-quality content which this fanbase has enjoyed for years.

At least you have the honest heart and mind, you deserve respect and they don't. In a sense, don't end up like the Garry's Mod community addon-makers who all completely stopped addon-making (And deleted them) because of people who would simply hex models and turn them into faux weapon/npc/model packs.

DayZ is not the 'cancer' of this community.

Me and Vilas don't always agree, but when we do its about DayZ.

I don't think that it's them using your content that's bad, it's them not asking for permission and claiming that it's their own.

....if they were NOT doing it for money, problem is in moneymaking, which is against free modding which we all know since OFP, noone was charging players before, now players pay and moders became businesmen (but not on their content) and it is problem , as visible on links (examples)

so money is basic problem, another is hacking and DDOSing, noone in past was interrupting other mods, going back to OFP era, imagine that RHS hires hacker to DDOS page of FDF, FDF hires hacker to DDOS webpage of CSLA, CSLA hires hacker to DDOS Invasion 44 web etc. etc. etc.

sounds ridiculous ? of course sounds like nonsense,

but in dayz mods it is reality , hacker hacks forum of one mod and go to their teamspeak and say "pay me xxxx dollars and i wont attack in period of month"

it is criminal act, but in dayz modding happens (because it is hard to sue, when it is global issue and different countries),

selling hacks, selling 100 CD keys of Arma (which is piracy i believe) also happens,

i know one server admin from dayz, he banned one guy under... 20 different players ID and CD-keys, it is one guy all the time and he said on teamspeak "lolololo, hahahaha, lololo, lolz, i have a 100 keys more, hahahaha, lolololo", guy comes to server , nukes others and go away,

such thing never happened in OFP, Armaversum,

modding, addonmaking was always free of payment activity , if anyone received donations - he received for HIS own work,

in dayz mods it changed, it is not even sad but frustrating when someone want to charge players for ... playing your addon , my addons were released to be played for free , not for money to other individuals (than creator)

I've read many about this problem and have someone recognize if other addons from BWMod, GAF, CSLA, FDF, Frankyman or mine used for money?

afaik - Gnat's "autogyro" is used, there were in one mod CWR2 furniture (but canceled), weapons pack as for example RobertHammer, as hand granadelaunchers by HC Pookie if i corectly remind name (forgive if i misspeled nick), islands are used (IceBreaker's islands and Namalsk and others too),

they mostly use civilian technic, CSLA, FDF, BW Mod makes military stuff, i am one of not many people who make civilian stuff to Arma (ambulances, fire rescue vehicles, police vehicles, policemen) ,

because I wanted to be "making civilian stuff" than now it is used in Dayz mods , i knew that many "real life, roleplay gaming, city life-like (not "City Life" which is name of MOD ) mods were using my addons , i designed those addons so people could play policeman, firefighter, life rescue , sheriff etc. but those city-life-like mods play FOR FREE (and even if they not asked me for permissions, they can reskin and have fun till it is non-profit, let them have fun till it is not real money gameplay)

so probably noone use BW Mod, FDF, CSLA, but if CSLA would make Skoda pack (cars , civilian), if FDF or SDF mods would make Volvo, Saab cars pack, if BW mod would make Mercedes, VW, pack - they would be used to play for money for sure,

so sad advice to moders - stay away from civilian addons or weapons packs till dayz is standalone,

to be honest i was bored with making only heavy stuff , i had very big respect for Mechanic (OFP addonmaker), i wanted to make many civilian ambient stuff - it was mistake, if i was making only tanks, jets, helis - noone would monetize them for "zombie" , i would like to do more civilian cars from 80s, 70s, 60s, 90s (Mercedes W123, some old US cars, some Soviet cars) , prototypes of cars that not entered production (Poland, due to political reasons commies not let to produce cars "better" than Soviet ones: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FSO_Syrena_Sport , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FSO_Warszawa (model 210), http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrena_(samoch%C3%B3d)#Syrena_110, http://protauta45.republika.pl/beskid.htm (decade before Renault Twingo), FSO Wars http://s1.blomedia.pl/autokult.pl/images/2012/03/fso-wars2.jpg - i wanted to put life in cars that were not produced )

Vilas you're spot-on - the minute this "fun game" becomes someone making money for no investment, at the expense of your hard work, all bets are off. I did not know my GL pack was being used for money. This is... frustrating. I have always stated that my mods are "free for use" only in BIS games. I've published MLODs to let other addon makers benefit from my work. I have had some people ask permission for use of my mods in their servers. The implication has always been for free. If I ever had any thought my mods were going to be used for profit - someone needs to SHARE THE PROFIT WITH ME! I wonder what legal ramifications I could pursue to collect my cut of the loot.... ???

A question perhaps for BIS - how can these people legally charge for content created in this manner? I seem to recall in a EULA somewhere that you can't recycle this content for profit... ???

A fix for this - if the keys are published per-game (e.g. v2_Arma3, v2_Arma2OA, v2_DayZ, etc)... that would allow us addon makers to restrict our work "per version". I would have no problems re-publishing something for different versions with new keys.

A fix for this - if the keys are published per-game (e.g. v2_Arma3, v2_Arma2OA, v2_DayZ, etc)... that would allow us addon makers to restrict our work "per version". I would have no problems re-publishing something for different versions with new keys.

A good idea, some kind of key like VBS2 has that allows it to only work with that version of the engine.

i also published MLODs and now it is mistake , in VBS2 you can also lock and encode addon, that it cannot be open, as far as i have seen from youtube some dayz mods use my MLODs, shit, in begining i had no issues but when i get knowledge that this is all business and money making i get angry :/

in begining dayz mods (or some of them probably still) repacking addons to mark them their own bikeys , so you had my car pack with dayzxxxx.bikey file signed

Trying to model a form of intelligence that does not serve them ...

Just kidding, but I quite understand your confusion.

i found at the moment new Dayz Mod , it is called DayZ Nogova, so you know which content was unpacked, repacked and stolen

http://opendayz.net/threads/new-wip-port-dayz-nogova.10142/ for me it looks like CWR Nogova but with placed default color BIS buildings from Chernarus (instead of grey colour blocks of flats like OFP)

one of posts, as you see on forum "open dayz" users are helping to "port" and edit addons

as a sad joke i can tell that one guy argued with Martin that he has right to release his own versions of Taviana and he has the same rights as Martin, this is not a joke, this was real, but it was stopped when lawyer of Gamersplatoon (no joke, seriously) wrote a official letter about usage of Taviana to those who wanted to edit and release it as their own, so there was even advocate involved in this as far as i remember (at least i remember such thing from ca. 6 months ago)

--------

edit i went to dayz forum and ... i get that this is me who is bad:

- because Martin didnt give permission to guy nicked Hicks to release his own (Hick's not Martin) version of Taviana (hahahaha)

- because i didnt pay tributes to BMW for making model of BMW for Arma and i should have permission from BMW and pay them if i want to make addons of BMW cars

the only thing i know so far is that they hate Martin because he didnt give them Taviana to be edited and released under other nicks

Edited by vilas

What would be the solution to this, stolen content, what could BIS do to stop it or is it just un-stoppable ?

:confused:

BIS could make tools which in future (Arma3) will have encrypting of addon , this is what they can do (cause those who abuse are not depending of BIS , they are independend moders or even hackers writing cheats), BIS cannot do probably anything except tools for future addons which will prevent such situations but ... no, even this will not help, cause someone will be monetizing without opening

BIS addons are also abused - people want money for starting game with BIS M4A1 instead of BIS Makarov, so those who make pay-win content making it on BIS addons

it is not BIS problem, they made engine which is mod-friendly, that someone use it bad way is other stuff

but i can imagine Arma3 or Arma4 server run by guy "when you pay 50 USD you start game with 12 magazines and scoped rifle instead of 3 magazines and ironsight rifle"

BIS cannot help it , if someone would start spread now server payment for clans what BIS can do ? nothing

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

sory for post under post, but i must post it

answer from dayz official forum:

You're a hypocite Vilas and you can't stop anyone using the files because you no longer own the rights to them, go ahead and copyright them and send Epoch a DMCA notice.
Edited by vilas

sory for post under post, but i must post it

answer from dayz official forum:

That's pretty bad, sad situation..:(

I know the feeling Vilas. You work very hard on something, put so much effort into it, present your baby to the community, then a few take it, rape it, disfigure it, make profit off it, don't even mention your name at all, take all the credit for it, then make more money off it, then you go and defend your ownership, and then when they know you're the one who made it, argues with you, calls you every single name they can think of, spits in your face by telling you it's not your property and that it's everyone's and anyone can do what ever they want with it.

It's depressing, sad and just down right heart breaking. I just wish I could meet these people face to face but I know they're not man enough.

These people are sad, pathetic, talentless, worthless thieves. They're scum. Spit even.

I really hate people like them.

Unfortunately, I don't think Vilas is ever going to make any civilian-based weapons, just because of this whole DayZ tangent. I really wish there were, having a bunch of militia with Lee-Enfields, CZ-550s and Shotguns are pretty fun to place while in the middle of a warzone with high-tech enemies.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/150471-announcement-about-usage-of-my-addons-in-dayz-mods-i-do-not-allow-and-do-not-want-my-addons-in-dayz-mods/?p=1501046

lol

I see the thief defenders are still using the old, "the BI Tools eula makes everything open source" excuse... And it's rather disturbing seeing it coming from somebody with the tittle of "DayZ Community Support" on their forums.

Guess they haven't seen this.

Now, why would you need a license if you have no rights over your content? hmm... [/sarcasm]

Also, even if the BI tools did make all content created with them property of BI, wouldn't they still have to get written permission from BI to modify and release it anyways? :rolleyes:

Edited by Ballistic09

Feel sorry for you bro. DayZ really did introduce the wrong people to this community didn't it. Nice one, Rocket.

+100500. Nice work, Rocket. Now Arma is not war sim. It is zombie sim.

Am I mistaken or all that 'mods' use some DayZ core (modified or not) and add content from different addons, right? If it is so, isn't it better to prohibit any DayZ modification except few ones granted by Rocket?

dayz is as you said : different mods adding addons and collecting donations,

what they do not like is when collecting donations is happening by people who make content and do not want to give this content ;) all that they hate Martin and Origins is because:

- Martin didnt allow some people to make their own "updates" and versions of his Taviana (in dayz community they say that orginal author of Taviana is unknown so they do not know who made Taviana at all, eh...),

- Alex (main coder of Origins) made lot of scripting server-side, not client-side, those scripts are run on servers and cannot be copied from disc ;) so they are angry cause they cannot copy his code, because it is server code,

- Origins mod has specific content which they do not have (custom build houses, post-apocaliptic vehicles, fortress looking like medival castle, flying camp, 50 types of new zombies, post apocaliptic vehicles like buggy, apc, excavator that can build structures like camps, trenches etc. ) they simply cannot stand that Origins team doesnt want to give it's content to others so others could collect more donations on stuff they not made,

- also Origins applied anti-cheat system and "hackers" who write cheats have problems to write cheats (god-mod as example) and they cannot stand it that people do not buy for example cheat for god-mod,

now on that topic they even deny that I am person who write it and still not accept that I can give addon to one mod and not give to other, they even demand that permissions must be granted to anyone who ask for permission (like ask for permission = automatic obtaining permission)

indeed it reminds garry's mod where content from different games was put ,

now they call me whore on dayz forum , nice

i also heard that guy who claimed that he can rework Taviana (there was big issue between dayz modders and Martin who is owner of Taviana) - nicked Hicks - works for BIS for Dayz Standalone , nice ...

what the hell happens

Edited by vilas

what the hell happens

Stop the planet, I want get out :) Really, crazy people. And what more funny - they want money for this. No, really. They want get money for free content. As Muhin. So I want say to them: look, where is yours Muhin now?

Edited by DAP