Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

If we have made a mission in the OFP editor and had no extra scripts etc. what will we have to do to get these mission working in ArmA2 with this mod installed?

Clear the addons and addonsauto lists and replace the classnames in mission.sqm.

Clear the addons and addonsauto lists and replace the classnames in mission.sqm.

Yes, forgot to mention that I did that as well for the mission I converted.

I was just wonder if when the mod was release if they would have defined the old classnames so that these would not have to be converted?

I was considering making a small mod that did this just for the men and giving them standard ArmA2 weapon as close to those used in OFP.

But then where do you stop? Vehicles? ammocrates ? weapons? ammo?

Edited by TaskMaster

OFP and A2 share some classnames, so the mod's classnames have cwr2_ in front.

From my limited understanding of that issue, this matching classname business is a bit difficult because there is some kind of conflict with some weapons and ammo or weapons and magazines or something conflicting (I think some weapons had the same classnames as their magazines in OFP). I think also some class-names from ArmA 2 and OA are the same as they were in OFP (Like ah64), so the CWR2 mod would then need to patch (as in supplant) BIS's ah64 for with the 1985 A version.

Solutions that best to support OFP missions are a hot topic and a high priority for those involved. I can't be sure what exactly it entails because it goes over my head and it's not really my dept. but it seems like there is a plan in place.

We have 40+ missions that we made for OFP and were hoping to be able to play them with this mod installled. This question may have been ask before (and answered but after searching I could not find the answer):

If we have made a mission in the OFP editor and had no extra scripts etc. what will we have to do to get these mission working in ArmA2 with this mod installed?

We were thinking of starting to convert the missions now and then releasing a mission pack. we had such a great time making and playing these missions that it seams a waste not to allow other to see if they enjoy them as much as we have. They are all coop missions usually up to 12 playable soldiers. the mission were meant for fun.

I have previously converted the original ofp coop mission (rescue the hostages) that came with the demo as this was this mission that got us hooked on OFP multiplayer. To do this I had to change all the vehicle names (in the mission.sqs) and then I could load the mission using everon2010 island. Then I added weapons loadouts in the init field of each soldier. This was time consuming. I had to modify the mission slightly to account for a few bugs on the island but it was worth it to be able to play this mission again.

As said before, we are using now our own class names in the Mod. We decided to go that way because using the same class name for weapon and magazine (M21, M16, M4 etc) causing more problems than it's worth it.

However Mikero made a compatibility pbo file which allows to use the old classes.

So in best case, you load the mission in the editor, save and play.

In worst case you need to replace all classes with the new ones (like we do now with the original missions).

As said before, we are using now our own class names in the Mod. We decided to go that way because using the same class name for weapon and magazine (M21, M16, M4 etc) causing more problems than it's worth it.

However Mikero made a compatibility pbo file which allows to use the old classes.

So in best case, you load the mission in the editor, save and play.

In worst case you need to replace all classes with the new ones (like we do now with the original missions).

Thanks for explaning that W0lle.

AS I mentioned previously I have converted one of the orignal OFP MP missions: 2-5_COOPERATIVE.Eden. It runs on the Island Everon2010. I would be happy to contribute it if that would help you? I could modify it based on your feedback so it could be included in this mods release.

Would I be able to download Mikero's compatibility pbo file which allows to use the old classes? This would at least allow me to get mission into ArmA2 with less work.

Also, I was looking out ways of automating the seaching and replacing classnames. I know there are find and replace programs that can replace multiple strings in one search (ie update all classname in one go). Obviously you have to create a search string and corresponding replacement string for each string you would like to be modified. Do you use a program like this?

Some of the CWR² team had an MP test last night with rather enjoyable results. Expect to see kickass conversions of the original missions. :)

AS I mentioned previously I have converted one of the orignal OFP MP missions: 2-5_COOPERATIVE.Eden. It runs on the Island Everon2010. I would be happy to contribute it if that would help you? I could modify it based on your feedback so it could be included in this mods release.

That would be Hostage Rescue?

Some of the CWR² team had an MP test last night with rather enjoyable results. Expect to see kickass conversions of the original missions. :)

That would be Hostage Rescue?

Yes, it is the mission where you have to rescue 3 hostages in Entre Deux and then clear an enemy camp.

EEEEEEEEEE!

Playing OFP missions in ArmA 2? Schweetz!

where is the mission:butbut:, i like old OFP Missions. Where can i download ?

:ftvsmilie1:

Greez Hotze

where is the mission:butbut:, i like old OFP Missions. Where can i download ?

:ftvsmilie1:

Greez Hotze

It's still work in progress.

Thanks for explaning that W0lle.

Would I be able to download Mikero's compatibility pbo file which allows to use the old classes? This would at least allow me to get mission into ArmA2 with less work.

Also, I was looking out ways of automating the seaching and replacing classnames. I know there are find and replace programs that can replace multiple strings in one search (ie update all classname in one go). Obviously you have to create a search string and corresponding replacement string for each string you would like to be modified. Do you use a program like this?

Thanks but I just converted Cooperative (Hostage Rescue) a couple of days ago. :)

If there's some need for I can release the mission anytime soon for the two other Everons around.

Mikeros compatibility pbo will be included in the final CWR² release, standalone it makes no sense as it converts only new cwr2 classes -> original OFP classes.

Replacing the classes is a painful process, not sure what the others are using but in my case I load all mission.sqm and scripts into UltraEdit and then replace the classes one by one in all open files. Depending on how many files there are, it takes up to an hour or two plus some more time replacing the ones I missed when loading the mission (that's for the Cold War Crisis campaign). For a single mission it's maybe 10-15 mins max.

I just played through the CWR2 Winter release (patch2) and I must comment as I found it to be an awesome game experience. Not only did it capture the Operation Flashpoint feel to an astounding degree-- the sheer robustness of the game mechanics (weapon feel-- limited equipment-- interface) felt tight and to the point. Not at all as overloaded or feature-laden as Arma2 has become.

It really made me question why I'm not playing more missions (particularly) in this setting! Eagerly anticipating the next release. :)

-k

I just played through the CWR2 Winter release (patch2) and I must comment as I found it to be an awesome game experience. Not only did it capture the Operation Flashpoint feel to an astounding degree-- the sheer robustness of the game mechanics (weapon feel-- limited equipment-- interface) felt tight and to the point. Not at all as overloaded or feature-laden as Arma2 has become.

It really made me question why I'm not playing more missions (particularly) in this setting! Eagerly anticipating the next release. :)

-k

I agree.

The Cold War Rearmed² team has had a short discussion concerning the matter and it is with pride that we announce that CWR² will be released underground. We feel that this way we can best protect our addons and missions from outside threats (until BIS starts protecting our work) while maintaining a loyal userbase that will enjoy the mod to the fullest and create more missions for said userbase to play. Thus you can think of the CWR² Winter release as a kind of sneak peek showing a fraction of what the underground community will get to play.

Sadly we cannot accept everyone into the underground circle because unknown members are a potential liability, but active participation in this thread might earn you an endorsement from one of the CWR² developers, so keep your spirits high and support your favorite underground mod and modders! :)

As a start I endorse Zipper5 and CameronMcDonald. Welcome to our privileged group! I hope you will enjoy the mod when it's finished. :)

*sits back and watches as Celery tries to turn the CWR2 thread into another argument about author rights*

Abs

*sits back and watches as Celery tries to turn the CWR2 thread into another argument about author rights*

Abs

That surely won't happen, believe me. No one hijacks my threads! :yay:

As a start I endorse Zipper5 and CameronMcDonald. Welcome to our privileged group! I hope you will enjoy the mod when it's finished. :)

WHOOOAT? YEEAYYYUH. OKAY! :cool:

Being a fully paid up member of both cwr for arma1 and cwr2 for arma2, this, is the first time i've heard I'm now underground.

fry%20i%20see%20what%20you%20did%20there.jpg

I see what you did there...

I hope

If this underground stuff is true, I feel that it is not fair. I have done my part in the community (as a staff member on Armaholic) and helped people, why should I not get to try this mod. I am sure many others will agree with me/feel the same way.

But it is another example of the few ruining it for the many.

Edited by Nightrain