Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

Winter Kolgujev with updated graphics in my ArmA2?

Wooooooooaaaah

I also hope that this time CWR2 will be as close to CWC experience as possible. With all fairness I must say that I found that CWR1 lacked something - like some missions not playing quite the same.

Of course we try to deliver the best possible experience, but with the changes in control, weapon handling, AI, view distance, etc., as well as some sound files being different to the ones that most PC users are used to, there will be some differences in feeling. It is inevitable. That said, rest assured we are working as hard as we can to deliver the CWC experience we all love to the new engine. We use the original material where ever possible while reaching for and beyond the new standard the community has come to expect in terms of presentation and execution.

I also hope that this time CWR2 will be as close to CWC experience as possible. With all fairness I must say that I found that CWR1 lacked something - like some missions not playing quite the same.

Depends on what you mean with that. Some missions were different because we used the Xbox version as source. That we may change.

If you mean that they played differently because the AI then I tell you that it will be even "worse" with the new AI in ArmA2. ;)

Depends on what you mean with that. Some missions were different because we used the Xbox version as source. That we may change.

Ah well that explains. Nah it wasn't because of AI.

Play over 2 hours to this mods today.....old good time is back, senks for work!!!

This mod is one of the most highly anticipated mod for me, I hope you guys are able to pull off the entire CWC campaign. And Thanks for this Christmas release :)

This mod is one of the most highly anticipated mod for me, I hope you guys are able to pull off the entire CWC campaign. And Thanks for this Christmas release :)

that is my opinion too, Great work guys!

Are the infantry units placeholders or are they final?

Somewhere earlier it was said that they will be improved.

W0lle posted about it here.

US officer has woodland camo hat, not sure if that is intentional.

The units are just a basic set for now, they will be improved.

Although he made that statement about the winter units specifically, I'm sure it applies to the others too. ;)

Hope some of Vilas stuff can be used as the P85 stuff was pretty much perfectly fine and realistic.

Only thing i didnt like on Vilas units was the general shaping of stuff like the KLMK suits that didnt look nearly baggy enough to me.

That however looks very good on the CWR winter units... maybe meet somwhere in the middle and i will be more than happy.

placeholders.

Another question. We know that all 3 islands exist in the real life, so any plans to use the satellite texture to make them look really good? Because right now terrain in the distance looks just too blurred from what I gather from all those screenshots (well and Winter Kolgujev)

The satellite textures of the real islands are very very different to the OFP ones. I went to Krk last year and the terrain ("shape" [not contours], colour, etc.) is absolutely different than Everon. So I would say that it doesn't make sense to take the RL data.

Hope that I understood your question right. :)

placeholders.

phew.

Somewhere earlier it was said that they will be improved.

Danke.

Shameless bump, even without a WIP screen.

:yay: CWR² has gone Alpha! Today I packed and currently upload a very early Alpha version of the Mod for the mission editing guys. So yes, we're on the way. :yay:

We do not any testers, not at this point.

Edited by W0lle

very good job reaching alpha.. finnally. ^^

A couple of islands does not an alpha make?

Just kidding, great job on reaching the alpha stage!

Just a small question, is there a list of what OFP weapons are or aren't gonna be added with this?

Just a small question, is there a list of what OFP weapons are or aren't gonna be added with this?

From memory, I've seen pictures/releases of:

Desert Island, Kolgujev and Malden. Maybe they have Everon and Nogova hiding for the alpha release :)

Not sure though, but I am excited!

From memory, I've seen pictures/releases of:

Desert Island, Kolgujev and Malden. Maybe they have Everon and Nogova hiding for the alpha release :)

Not sure though, but I am excited!

Every weapon that was included in OFP will also be included in CWR² (and more).

And yes all islands are in game, otherwise we couldn't work on the Missions and campaigns already. They are just not in a state where pictures could be posted.

However you seen Desert Island, and you seen Winter Kolgujev so you can figure how the rest looks like when finished. ;)