Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

Thanks for using such dismissive language with regards to other people's ideas. You're a good guy.

Despite your demeanour, at least you've agreed with me that the purpose is fun. As you equate a challange as being fun, then I'm sure you can't deny that facing against another human is also challanging.

Abs

Your first attempt to reduce my argument was also a bit cheeky.

Abs, we can take this argument to PM if you like. I stand by what I said in that it's not conducive to fun if you're putting players in the position of being punished for success.

Well, when I think of it I dont think its a good idea anymore to have campaign coop. Then teamswitch will be enabled and thats not the 1985 way to go.

I can make the campaign to coop myself when its released :)

I think that a coop option would be nice as it would make it more fun if you could enjoy it with others. However I fully understand if it wasn't possible in certain missions.

I have any questions.

Do you will make OFP faces for this mod (Davdi Armstrong, Victor Troska) ?

Do you will make the mod without incorrectnesses (AK74 with burst fire mode / M72 Law - 1 rocket ) ? It dont must be a realism mod, but the AK74 with burst fire mode is funny.

Do you will release later the US Army units standalone?

hmmm coop or no coop?

if the goal is to bring a whole convention of the orgiginal OFP gameplau and campaigns to Arma II i don't think COOP is the way to go.

there are several mission in the campaigns that are not possible to coop if they make them coop then they need to cut them out and then the campaign is not original anymore.

those missions are constructive to what the whole story/campaign brings and if i read correct what this MOD team will bring us then it is a whole OFP port to Arma II in the most original possible way that can be.

NO COOP :yay: keep the campaigns in tact pretty pleaze ;)

regards

Edited by KBourne

Hi there

I would prefer to have the original campaign as it was. Nostalgic reason:D

just my 2 cents.

kind regards

If we make the campaigns playable in CoOp then the original SP won't be affected in any way. However at this point no decision is made at all, the main problem is that some missions are playable as SP only (Night Patrol, Saboteur, Escape) and to make them playable as CoOp at least another playable unit must be added which then ruins the SP experience.

I have any questions.

Do you will make OFP faces for this mod (Davdi Armstrong, Victor Troska) ?

Of course, without them it wouldn't be OFP. :)

Do you will make the mod without incorrectnesses (AK74 with burst fire mode / M72 Law - 1 rocket ) ? It dont must be a realism mod, but the AK74 with burst fire mode is funny.[/Quote]

The AKs have no burst mode anymore, but the LAW has still 3 rockets as it is the counterpart of the RPG-7/RPG-75. As you see it's a mix of realism and the old OFP incorrectness.

Do you will release later the US Army units standalone?

As always, and said many times before: We will see. :)

The old OFP "incorrectness" ahhhhhhhh

Reloadable LAW's :D

w0lle, As for those missions which don't work for SP. On the start of the mission, Can't you make a small script that decides if they're human or AI. Then just delete them before the mission actually "starts" ?

The AKs have no burst mode anymore

Oh God! On this early stage i already see a thing that pi**es me off.... (((

Huh - what is it and why don't you tell it to the team then (in a constructive way of course)?

The AKs have no burst mode anymore

Oh God! On this early stage i already see a thing that pi**es me off.... (((

In case you dont know what CWR project is about:

Recreating OFP and by that repeat some of its mistakes for the sake of keeping the feeling the same.

If you want something more realistic you should try ACE or Project 85 if you want coldwar stuff. ;)

I think he meant he was pissed because the aks don't have 3rb anymore... I took it to be purely sarcasm.

Recreating OFP and by that repeat some of its mistakes for the sake of keeping the feeling the same.

If you want something more realistic you should try ACE or Project 85 if you want coldwar stuff. ;)

Why do u make burst mode for the AK74? The AK74 with burst mode dont gives back the ofp feeling. The feeling of the CWC is in the CWC islands and 85' style US Army and Soviet soldiers. And i forgot the characters. They give back the OFP Feeling not those incorrectnesses. It dont must be a realism mod, but the AK74 with burst fire mode is funny.

Edited by Mark1028

The AKs have no burst mode anymore, but the LAW has still 3 rockets as it is the counterpart of the RPG-7/RPG-75. As you see it's a mix of realism and the old OFP incorrectness.

^this.

CWR's AKs will not have a burst-fire mode. ;)

Why do u make burst mode for the AK74? The AK74 with burst mode dont gives back the ofp feeling. The feeling of the CWC is in the CWC islands and 85' style US Army and Soviet soldiers. And i forgot the characters. They give back the OFP Feeling not those incorrectnesses. It dont must be a realism mod, but the AK74 with burst fire mode is funny.

you should use Project 85 if you have realism problems :) in P85 you have even different pouches for RPK when soldier has RPK and pouch for PSO-1 when soldier has RPG and even medic pouches and map-pouch for officer, real khaki Soviet M69 uniform etc. ;)

CWR is beloved-OFP-back, P85 is Warsaw Pact vs. NATO in Europe, both mods have other goal

Edited by vilas

AKs in OFP had burst-mode because Flashpoint AI was not able to use automatic fire mode properly. Unless close to enemy and skill maxed it was firing in lowered fire rate, with constant rate (no pauses between bursts) so it was actually more like quick folow up shots than actual automatic fire. Burst mode "forced" AI to shot with full fire rate, and to wait some time before firing another short burst.

Basically weapon realism was sacrificed for combat realism.

AKs, machineguns and other non-burst weapons have burst fire mode (or modes) as well in ArmA and ArmA2, but engine, unlike OFP version, allows to hide those "unrealistic" modes from player.

How many winter islands we have? Of course the one and only Winter Kolgujev. :)

cwr2_kolgujev_postcardw_sm.jpg

Click for high resolution

Edited by W0lle

I never played OFP so I'm very much looking forward to experiencing it with the latest iteration of the engine. I certainly hope you succeed in capturing whatever it is that causes so many people to speak of it with such regard still.

I never played OFP so I'm very much looking forward to experiencing it with the latest iteration of the engine. I certainly hope you succeed in capturing whatever it is that causes so many people to speak of it with such regard still.

Same here mate, on PC anyway. I had OFP for X-Box and it was so much fun. There really wasn't a game like it on console, and it led me on to Arma and now Arma 2.

I remember one of the characters was called James Gastofini (sic) but the bit I enjoyed the most was the campaign of Victor Troska (sic). It was really cool playing as a one man revolution, leading onto full scale insurrection. I can't really remember too much, but there was a level where you had to turn a double barrelled shotgun onto some over-inquisitive Russians, which springs to mind.

The guy that voiced Victor was pretty good too, overall a good experience. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

James Gastovski was an interesting character- an ageing semi-retired black operator. I heard he had a blog a couple of years ago...