Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Occasionally when throwing a grenade friendly AI will get stuck in a loop, just yelling "GRENADE" over and over, other than that, all running smoothly so far.

Agreed, it will get bit too repetitive especially when smoke grenades are deployed. It's like a shouting competition.

Really love the feature thou, just maybe if it can ignore smoke grenades.

DO you know you can disable this feature?

Yes, i do. But this is bug and must be fixed, i sure.

BTW, "1" replaced to "Anna". This is woman name too. And not only in russian language. How possible not to notice it? :)

Yes, i do. But this is bug and must be fixed, i sure.

BTW, "1" replaced to "Anna". This is woman name too. And not only in russian language. How possible not to notice it? :)

So you mean you wanted to replace the phonetic alphabet only for english language then? for russian language you wanted to use numbers? is that correct? because if for all language to use number again, easier just to remove the pbo, thats why I suggest that. Sorry for misunderstood you

So you mean you wanted to replace the phonetic alphabet only for english language then? for russian language you wanted to use numbers? is that correct?

Yes! :)) Sorry for misunderstood, this is language barier :D

OK I tested the SLX with my famous stress testing mission. Well Soldiers can still take a ridiculous ammount of hits from a Tank MG without diying,

It still crashes after some Minutes,

But

Did I really see the AI use their RPG to shoot down the helicopters? This is some great crazy shit

tonci87 same issue game crashes after some min. of play

and i am not sure does this addon or some other causes my insurgent and russians to speak english they only yell ammo reload and stuff like that in russian.

Edited by SuperRat

Been having this missing entry almost every session I used SLX.

Bug report:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/SLX_DroppedWeaponMoves/States/SLX_WeaponHolderStart.rightHand|KCurve'

Been having this missing entry almost every session I used SLX.

Bug report:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/SLX_DroppedWeaponMoves/States/SLX_WeaponHolderStart.rightHand|KCurve'

I can confirm this. Although it does not seem to have any impact on gameplay.

Hi Solus - first great to see you are still here after all these years.

Now bug report:

Addon SLX_Turn Move.pbo requires addon Extended_Eventhandlers

of course I have installed the CBA addon. And the former version of SLX works great with 1.04 and with the latest beta 59928. Superb work btw!

Might this have to do something with the fact I updated CBA to 1.01?

Also there is a second error message when starting:

Error compiling pixel shader PSTreeAdv:0

So I even cant start the game with the current SLX version :(

When starting the game with 1.04 59026 build the same addon dependency error occurs but there is no error about the pixel shader.

Thank you for supporting our community with your great mod!!

Ok I found out that the error with Extended Eventhandler was a mod loading order problem, which I solved. Still the pixel shader error stays with the latest beta patch. So right now I cant start SLX 1.5 with beta 59928.

Does anybody else experience the same problem?

pixel shader error means your beta shortcut is screwed.

Target should be something like: "D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta;@GLT;@mma;@rhWep;@SAP -nosplash

But Start In should be: "D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

Note: start in is NOT in the beta dir.

Just wondering if there could be some way to have more group cohesiveness for the men under your command for a squad. I often find them moving 20m+ infront of me when I'm moving as well as when I make a quick sprint across some open ground, I find the men following me don't move with any speed. Often I am moving towards the contact in a mission where other troops are fighting. I'm sprinting from cover to cover, but the men under my command often don't keep up, even if I keep them in aware vs danger.

Also could you add some sort of waiting state for the men in aware. If I tell them to stay crouched so they don't stand when waiting for a move ( ie have a red team in bounding overwatch with me and some men) they will then only move in a walking crouch, making the bounding very slow. I'd love to see the default standing state while in aware is a crouch even if I don't tell them to stay crouched. This way they will walk/run upright when told to move to a point, then crouch when they reach it.

After some more troubles with the laptop I got to testing some more and fixed the reported bugs. I have been testing for a while with no bugs or crashes and rare intermittent slowdowns, probably from A2 loading more data when traveling. I'll release it in a day or two after some more testing.

Changes so far:

-Fixed AIs yelling about smoke grenades.

-Made numbers-to-alpha addon for english only.

-Fixed missing config settings error for dropped weapons.

-Lowered aircraft sight range.

-Made SLX_Wounds giving first aid always stop wounded people from bleeding.

-Made bleeding people bandage even if they are still walking to the next waypoint.

-Made getting into vehicle actions have priority over other vehicle actions like take magazines.

-Made touching off bomb action keep the menu open and be easier to select.

-Made gunner rifles hidden to fix MG nest.

-Raised structural armor and turret armor on T-90.

-Fixed some small script errors.

NoRailgunner: An addon dependency list will take a while, maybe for a final release.

nicolas_br: Less bugs and a great time, that's what I like to hear! Thanks! What mission was it so I can test the chopper stuff? It might be a bug in default ArmA that's been around since OFP though.

paragraphic l, froggyluv: Thanks guys! The laptop is fixed for now, but eventually the solder is going to evaporate and I won't be able to do the reflow fix anymore, which will be the very end of the laptop. I've got a big room fan and a new cooling pad and it's staying pretty cool. I don't know how long it's going to last but I should be able to do some basic fixes for now. If anyone wants to help out though my paypal is Solus.SLX@gmail.com Thanks!

Tonci87: I don't think I've ever seen ArmA 2 actually crash while running regularly. What mission were you running?

Kroky: Maybe try reinstalling the beta and making a new shortcut?

DayGlow: I think the slow AI is just part of regular A2, not much I can effectively do about it. Just try and slow down and let them cover you and keep a look out. AIs will usually crouch when in combat mode, but it sounds like you want them to have the moving speed of aware mode with the crouching of combat mode. I'll see if it's possible to make them crouch more often if someone in the group is in combat mode while they are in aware mode.

Changes so far:

-Fixed AIs yelling about smoke grenades.

-Made numbers-to-alpha addon for english only.

-Fixed missing config settings error for dropped weapons.

-Lowered aircraft sight range.

-Made SLX_Wounds giving first aid always stop wounded people from bleeding.

-Made bleeding people bandage even if they are still walking to the next waypoint.

-Made getting into vehicle actions have priority over other vehicle actions like take magazines.

-Made touching off bomb action keep the menu open and be easier to select.

-Made gunner rifles hidden to fix MG nest.

-Raised structural armor and turret armor on T-90.

-Fixed some small script errors.

You the MAN Solus... Can't wait for the new release...

BTW, just got to realize that when you group teams, the team names will be based on alpha, bravo, charlie and so on... Which is also used to identify individual. No biggie but just sound abit weird and funny.

@solus

Sorry mate your were right. It was a problem with the Alpine launcher. I updated to 1.6.2 and now beta runs well with SLX and all other mods.

Still the right hand curve bug remains.

Looking forward to your next version.

Solus remember the WIP Mission of mine, that I sent you? This Mission is just crazy with SLX. Soldiers are taking about 100 Bullets from a tank 50cal without dying, and it crashes after 5 Minutes.

Tonci87: Looks like you're using the BIS first aid modules, which seem to be the cause of people being able to take crazy damage. I wasn't sure about changing the modules but since they're doing things that are so obviously incorrect I'll test them in regular A2 and see what their effects are and then try to change them with an addon.

Update: I tried replacing the BIS handleDamage event handler when the Alternative Injury System is on with a handledamage fsm that should let people take full damage from hits. This might cause missions where you can't let anyone die be harder since they can get killed instantly from a critical hit, but it's a separate addon so it can be disabled easily.

Edited by Solus

Just wondering, Is the new SuppressFor command used? Seems like the AI tends to suppress my last known pos.

I installed the SLX stuff yesterday, and it's a very impressive set of changes to Arma2, thanks Solus.

One bug I've noticed is that I can't look through binoculars as they seem to get raised to my cheeks instead of my eyes. Basically I get a close up view of the top of the binoculars instead of through the lenses.

I installed the SLX stuff yesterday, and it's a very impressive set of changes to Arma2, thanks Solus.

One bug I've noticed is that I can't look through binoculars as they seem to get raised to my cheeks instead of my eyes. Basically I get a close up view of the top of the binoculars instead of through the lenses.

It's RMB.

Edited by froggyluv

It's RMB.

Thanks mate. I'm having a bit of trouble finding documentation for all of the SLX PBOs, so sorry for asking stupid questions.

I enter the game gives me this message

my mod -mod=@CBA;@SLX

No entry 'bin\config.bin/SLX_DroppedWeaponMoves/States/DeadS

tate.rightHandlKCurve'. :confused:

I enter the game gives me this message

my mod -mod=@CBA;@SLX

No entry 'bin\config.bin/SLX_DroppedWeaponMoves/States/DeadS

tate.rightHandlKCurve'. :confused:

i get that too.

one thing i find not so great is the ai sidestepping/strafing. reminds me of bad fps games.

but slx is awesome.

one thing i'd request is making the findcover script easy to use for mission makers as a stand alone and give details on it - I'd find it really useful.

now that bis has removed findcover's functionality solus' version is a v good thing. but i'd like to see it expanded to include ai using armoured vehicles for cover, (even when they are moving?) and prioritising cover vs concealment when both are nearby. also fighting from behind cover together as sqaud.

thanks for a great add on solus. always a step ahead of what is expected.:)

Minor dynamic speech bug: place a squad, throw some smokes, listen to the "Grenade"/"Watch for grenade" concert. :)

Also drag anim interpolations are played again when exiting dragging.

Edited by stilpu

Tonci87: Yes, medics still heal people. You could make a very small mod to disable it if you wanted. Change the "attendant" setting to 0 for the medic classes.

Muahaha:

The suppressFor command is not used yet, although I probably won't implement it extensively. The default AIs should suppress sometimes and they should still work with the old suppression stuff.

twisted: Thanks!

The find cover addon is pretty easy to use:

To just return the cover position: [(unit to find cover with),(position to find cover near),(optional distance to find cover within),(optional enemy to find cover from)] call SLX_FindCover

To make someone move to the nearest cover position: _unit domove ([_unit,getpos _unit] call SLX_FindCover);

To have someone find and divert to a cover position: [_unit, ([_unit,getpos _unit] call SLX_FindCover)] call SLX_DivertMove;

And to make them return to what they were doing: [_unit] call SLX_DivertEnd;

For the extra cover/concealment discernment and stuff you would have to make some changes to the function and figure out how to automatically or manually tell which is which, possibly with the intersect command but I don't think it works on static objects. Maybe just have a list of common concealment only objects and compare to that to make it keep looking for nearby cover. I'll clean up the cover finding function a bit for the next release so it might be easier for someone to modify. I don't know about making AIs try to hide behind vehicles that are being used since the vehicles are usually going to be moving around way too much and probably trying to take cover too.