Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

Cyclone83 the development and updates have been stopped by kju long time ago. You may try it only with A2 and see if it works.

Sadly no luck neither with ArmA II combined ops nor ArmA II standalone :( Hope someone can fix this issue someday...

How do I download this?

I want to use Yoma Addon Sync.

I can't find an autourl or anything.

I am a newb at YAS and got ArmA2 about a month ago.

Well, nearly everything about this game is a test in patience and perseverance, but stick with it, and it'll pay off.

Click on Default Servers, you have CAA1 options, but I'd recommend the Full version. Life is short, go for it.

Double click on the one titled CAA1 - Full - ClassicPlants - YASDLS

Then click on "Check Addons"

Then click on "Download Addons"

Then launch game.... no splash, world empty, single player, yada yada

(and if you actually get it running, I have a SP or MP-listen server-only mission in Sarahni that needs tested and retested and then checked out and then looked at you can pm me for)

The Following Islands are what you are getting from Caa1:

Arma 1 islands

-Porto

-Rahmadi

-Sahrani

-United Sahrani

-Southern Sahrani

Caa1 works both in Arma2, Arma2CO.

Edited by Gnter Severloh
update

guys i have a problem i downloaded all the pbos in one folder and put them in the OA addons folder and it worked but some building couldnt open like the hotel building and some other buliding and then i took the pbos and put them back in arma2 folder coz i wanted 2 play arma2 alone and then i put them back in OA folder and now it cant be read anymore why is that did this happen 2 someone also or am i the only one thanx

Unfortunately, the CAA is a broken modem, [ai] can see through the bushes and trees.

am i the onlyone experiencing some errors with arma co 1.57?

when loading the game with intros activated, the intro (before mainmenue) is screwed and giving me that error massage:

picture ca\ui\data\splash1_cp.paa not found

another weird bug is that nearly all pmc units (at least with dlc installed) have black masks over their heads :confused:

i play with vanilla only + caa1 and did a fresh install today, so this shouldnt be caused by my installation.

the last time i used caa1 was with arma 2 only and i dont remember any problems from this time ... ahh and i use alpinestars arma launcher.

edit:

Unfortunately, the CAA is a broken modem, [ai] can see through the bushes and trees.

is this realy true? is the vegetation not blocking the ai view at all?

is this realy true? is the vegetation not blocking the ai view at all?

I'm not sure ... aren't the vegetation parts replacements from an enhanced community mod from A1?

Besides that .. has anyone tried to cross a bridge with a stryker from Operation Arrowhead? It's interesting what's going to happen.

ARMA 1 OK [AI] can not see through the bushes and trees.

google translator.

I set up CAA1 on my PC and server and at first it was working fine but now I always get kicked of due to oac_core. Same file is on the server so I dont know what the problem is. I have a fix of oac_core from december 2010 but still aint working. Anyone has an idea? Is there a new key or something?

TONY Thank you!!

I have been searching and searching and finally found someone with my issue.

1. We used the yoma addon sync to download everything into folder x.

2. Then from there I made a folder called @sahrani and threw an addons folder in that.

3. then I went into x\caa1 and from the ArmA_Objects, ArmA_PlantsClassic, ArmA_WorldIntros, ArmA_Worlds I went into each addon folder and grabbed the pbo's and bisigns and put them in the @sahrani\addons folder.

4. then I went into the x\oac\oac_core\addons folder and grabbed the pbo and the bisign.

5. I grabbed the three keys from the oac and the caa1 and put them in the servers keys folder.

6. in the command line to start the server I added -mod=@CBA;@ACRE;@JayArma2Lib;@sahrani

RESULTS

Oddly you can play sahrani just fine. thats not my issue.

My issue is when you try to play anything else. Takistan for instance. I get an error message that says

"You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. oac_core"

I just dont get it. I have jumped through a ton of hoops and spent hours trying to figure this out. I removed all the other server addons, lingor, namalsk, thirsk, acre etc and I have narrowed it down to sahrani.

the keys are in place. I just dont understand. Can someone help us?

TONY Thank you!!

I have been searching and searching and finally found someone with my issue.

1. We used the yoma addon sync to download everything into folder x.

2. Then from there I made a folder called @sahrani and threw an addons folder in that.

3. then I went into x\caa1 and from the ArmA_Objects, ArmA_PlantsClassic, ArmA_WorldIntros, ArmA_Worlds I went into each addon folder and grabbed the pbo's and bisigns and put them in the @sahrani\addons folder.

4. then I went into the x\oac\oac_core\addons folder and grabbed the pbo and the bisign.

5. I grabbed the three keys from the oac and the caa1 and put them in the servers keys folder.

6. in the command line to start the server I added -mod=@CBA;@ACRE;@JayArma2Lib;@sahrani

RESULTS

Oddly you can play sahrani just fine. thats not my issue.

My issue is when you try to play anything else. Takistan for instance. I get an error message that says

"You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. oac_core"

I just dont get it. I have jumped through a ton of hoops and spent hours trying to figure this out. I removed all the other server addons, lingor, namalsk, thirsk, acre etc and I have narrowed it down to sahrani.

the keys are in place. I just dont understand. Can someone help us?

You guys arent running a linux server are you ?

If so, then you might be hitting an open file limit on the server.

no sir. Not linux.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

adding to the confusion.

for some reason, my un-edited domi missions let me in with no errors. I also have newly created domi missions that i made personally directly from the mission that is giving me troubles that will let m join. Very confusing.

I took out the mission that is giving me troubles. I edited it and saved so it will now have no choice but to include the OAC_... so now when I join the server with sahrani running. I can join it and play my takistan map.

HOWEVER. not all is solved. because when i remove the sahrani on my own pc and try to play my domi takistan map. I get the error.

LOL!! I just dont get it.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

WTF!!

This is crazy. I love this sahrani map, but if the server is running Takistan. Players that do NOT have the addon should be able to join.

Right now they can not.

I went into the mission and completely copied the mission.sqf to the needed addons from the east version that let me play.

addOns[]=

{

"CA_Modules_ARTY",

"camisc3",

"takistan",

"cacharacters_e",

"CAWheeled_E",

"camisc_e_wf",

"camisc_e",

"CATracked_E",

"catracked_e_m113",

"caair_e_mi8",

"CAAir_E_UH1H_EP1",

"cawheeled_e_v3s"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"cacharacters_e",

"CA_Modules_ARTY",

"caair_e_mi8",

"CATracked_E",

"camisc_e",

"CAWheeled_E",

"cawheeled_e_v3s",

"catracked_e_m113",

"camisc_e_wf",

"camisc3",

"CAAir_E_UH1H_EP1",

"takistan"

};

But when I join the server it still will not let me play the mission when my own pc is not running sahrani.

Whats the deal?

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

OK... my domi missions are from version 2.9. Thats the version Im having trouble with.

I downloaded 2.8 default domi mission which are also coincidentally the same missions that are letting me play... I put the defaul west AI on the server. and Im able to join the takistan map weather I have the sahrani addon installed or not. Any ideas?

SpecterM, I had your problem a while ago but after format it was working fine. Now situation turned into this:

-Server is running CAA1

+When client tries to join with CAA1 he gets kicked off due to oac_core

+When client tries to join withOUT CAA1 it works fine.

So, in my case it seems like files from my PC would not match server files despite I copied the same files.

In your case it seems like your missions are dependent on oac_core or similar. However I am not sure this really is the problem.

Can you join our TS? id love to chat about this.

208.100.9.177:4364

My new problem.. I removed all my addons now I cant start my game .. GRRRRRR

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

And how does someone join without caa1? i thought that was the mod

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

apprently if you remove ACRE as an addon you cant start your game. lol.. dont understand that one. OK>. back to the topic at hand.

You dont need to have any mods server is running to join the server if the mission that is being played does not require any mods.

Example:

If server is running Warfare BE Sahrani and you dont have CAA1, you cant join.

If server is running Warfare BE Takistan and you dont have CAA1, you can join.

I hope this made sense.

My problem however, is that I cannot join my server regardless of mission that is being played. Even if no mission is running I get kicked off with CAA1. If I dont use CAA1 on my side it works fine becouse I do not use, apparently faulty, oac_core.pbo.

In other words, my server thinks that my oac_core.pbo is not the same as oac_core.pbo on the server. Which is nonsense, since I copied the same files, even redownloaded the same file on both sides and triple checked its the same. The keys are also the same on my PC and server so I dunno wtf more can I do.

The only thing I see here that may be wrong is all the CAA1 .pbo files have .bisign files the size of 289 bytes except oac_core's .bisign is 293 bytes...

Edited by 11aTony

well... filter =XE=

Try joining our server. we have caa1 and oac_core installed. right now they are under the addon is named sahrani. That includes the contents of both.

One more thing. In your server config do you have the equalModRequired=0;?

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:43 PM ----------

OK.. whats the deal here?

The default domination Takistan mission works fine. WHEN....

the server is running CAA1 + oac_core

I edit that same mission to include combined operations vehicles and weapons and now I can no longer join the mission.

what gives?

BTW. my caa1 and oac_core is not in my mod line on or even in my arrowhead folder

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Im really at a loss here. my zargabad mission works fine and includes all the same stuff. WTH?

Im just looking to be able to run sahrani and still have the ability for NOOBs to be able to join my server. Is this not possible?

We don't need to own Arma for this, do we?

And how does the performance compare to well-optimized maps like Fallujah and Tora Bora, or small ones like Utes and Desert?

Finally. Results.

I went through and edited the default 2.28 domination mission west ai. I made changes one by one and transfered the multiplayer pbo over to the server. Immediatly I had an error. I had copied the planes and hangers out of a corrupt mission and pasted them in the default one. I went back to default and created everything over brand new.

SO far. no errors.

Hi, I have a question, what exactly is and what is not playable from original arma, thx for the answer.

Gunter the addon "caa1_c_cti_buildings" is missing out of the files you put on for download. Just thought i'd mention it as i get missing addon message at start up. No worries because i found it and downloaded it seperate:yay: Thanks