Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

MAGIC TORRENT:eek:

Am i totally stupid now?

I just linked the Torrent in my Download Manager, 3000 DSL, it took 2 minutes to change some "local data", thats what it said, and then i had my DL ready in 3 min, a full 2 GIG Folder with CAA1, huuuuuuuh?

It doesn't mean it's ready, Bittorrent doesn't save what it receives and builds the file(s) from there (gradually building up filesize). Instead, it reserves the space of the full files, and gradually fills these empty shells with the actual content until it reaches 100%.

I could not find any ladders are able to climb up in this addon :S

Edited by AkeR

Hmm only thing that caught my attention in this great addon was firstly trees and bushes didnt "break". Bushes didnt flatten and trees just didnt go down when drove into or shot at. Second, i tried to use Durgs Veg Fix, but running the BAT doesnt seem to do anything.

Im sure im the idiot here and these things are doable/fixable, but ive read too much texts at too many places already lol. I need a reading rest before i go on.

Love CAA1 though. Amazing to be back in ArmA. :)

EDIT: And thanks Legislator!

Hmm, great environment and FPS friendly gameplay! :D

Does anyone know how to use safe biedi to sqm converter with Caa1?

Sometimes I lost all the objects I have been placed in 3D editor :(

Thanx!

I've skimmed through the last 50 pages and couldn't really find an answer. I see several servers on addonsync for this but am not exactly sure which is what. I understand this is for people who may only want parts of the addon, but it isn't very clear which servers overlap with others and which have files that aren't present on others.

Does "all worlds" have absolutely everything, or do I need to download stuff from another server as well to get absolutely everything? And if yes, is any of the servers a "download everything" server? And if not, which of the servers do I need to download from in order to have everything? Or is it the "full - classic plants" that's the "everything" pack?

Edited by galzohar

Does "all worlds" have absolutely everything, or do I need to download stuff from another server as well to get absolutely everything? And if yes, is any of the servers a "download everything" server? And if not, which of the servers do I need to download from in order to have everything? Or is it the "full - classic plants" that's the "everything" pack?

Stuff I wondered too, I think the full classic plants does it all. The FAQ helps a little.

Yeah, looks like the "full - classic" is everything.

However, after downloading various packs (and eventually the "full" after realizing it's the full pack) and uniting all addons folder into 1 addon folder and placing that one under @CAA1 and trying to load it with:

D:\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 33910 -nosplash -maxmem=2047 -world=empty -showScriptErrors -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;@CAA1;@Zcommon;@Klurs_A1;@six_aiaktalik;@thirsk

I get a message saying "Addon 'caa1_c_enablePorto' requires addon 'caa1_p_roads. The only file I found in the 'x' folder that has "roads" in its name is also in the @CAA1\addons\ folder (also, both @CAA1 and x folders are same file sizes so it's not like I forgot to copy anything) so I don't understand what the problem is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by galzohar

Galzohar, read the posts on this page, mostly the one by me, and the one after (which could be a much simpler solution). I had the same problems you had and it works for me now running as a client.

Now I have issues trying to get the damn server to run it right, but that's another story...

I tried loading CAA1 last and it seems to have resolved the issue.

When islands fail to work, is there anything that can be done to fix it? ex:

Uhao:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3566

ic_barbuda:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3219

ict_isle:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2442

Dreide Island (map_3de):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3728

ict gives an error and the game wouldn't even launch, while the others simply say that the addon requires version 1.08 and the game launches anyway.

Also, is anyone able to tell me exactly how much exactly needs to be downloaded in order to play Razani island and only that island (other than the island itself)? I have the whole package now, but it would be hard to get some people to play on Razani if they have to download too much for it.

Edited by galzohar

Hi,

has anyone tried out to integrate the CWR Standalone Island Pack in CAA1? In general it seems working (after version change to 1.0 in config.hpp) but from time to time it crashes to the desktop. In the RPT, I cannot see the problem. Maybe someone has an idea how to fix this issue?

i downloaded caa1 recently and have noticed that allowing this mod to run wont let me save and revert to games. it kicks me out of the game says it cant load saved data and closes the program. Its quite annoying since i reallly like the content :/.

I get a message saying "Addon 'caa1_c_enablePorto' requires addon 'caa1_p_roads. The only file I found in the 'x' folder that has "roads" in its name is also in the @CAA1\addons\ folder (also, both @CAA1 and x folders are same file sizes so it's not like I forgot to copy anything) so I don't understand what the problem is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Disable Klur Island. Solved the problem for me.

Have somone this Problem.

I will be end the Editor of Rahmadi or (Intro). Then puff to Crasch to Desktop, whit this error massage ???

9cxdwuw5r2dq.jpg

Disable Klur Island. Solved the problem for me.

I didn't even have to disable klurs, as long as I load it before CAA1 it works.

What do I need to do to be able to use Arma 1 Mig-21 addon in Arma2 with CAA1? Every time I try to use any Arma1 unit/vehicle addon, I get message "Config: some input after EndOfFile". Is this even possible? Thx.

This is one of the greatest things made for arma 2. I have a slight problem on the avgani map though. The big road which cuts through the city, is not able to be crossed by ai infantry. I pretty much based a mission on west getting from the east to the west of the city, but it wasn't until much later I realised that my squad wouldn't be able to cross the divider in the middle of the road = (. I am easily able to walk over it, but unfortunately my ai buddies think of it as a wall. Any one know a way to get them over it?

Haha don't think it can be blown up. It's only raised like 5/10 cm of the ground.

Hey, RHS T-64 works fine in caa1 ! The tank is jumping a little bit on the ground, but let that be our biggest trouble ! :)

does this include all the maps or will i have to dl those separately

It includes the BIS maps, user maps need to be downloaded separately and for some of them they need to be adjusted to work.

I've been meaning to give this a try one of these days. Do the BIS maps/campaign work well, or are they buggy? A shame this project was discontinued. I presume the guy who started it (kju) doesn't want anybody working due to some undeserved sense of entitlement.

I have plenty of respect for those who do contribute to modding and creating addons for ArmA2 or any other game, but that doesn't carry over to treating the rest of the community like crap and making an exit like that.