Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

I finished download "All worlds" from yomas, now that i fire up Alpinestar's ArmA2 launcher it gives me the message that it has found new mod, it shuts down, starts up, and says AGAIN that it has found a new mod, and that keeps going...

it's a known issue. dont use the x modfolder. split it up with @caa1 and @oac_core and it works fine

kju,

The modline example shown on the DevHeaven HowToStartCAA1 wiki page does not work. It is too long to fit into the Target field of a shortcut (using Vista 64 SP2). Appears to be an unfortunate bi-product of the new modules system. Suggest either trimming down the folder names or moving to what

Maybe it's best to use AnimalMother 92 suggests above i.e. moving everything into @caa1 and @oac_core and abandoning the x folder. However if teh structure is not changed on the server, it'll mess up updates.

Edited by KaBoNG

Ok my related issue has to do with the sound folder so i'm assuming there is a readme i need to find.

And i searched this forum, and i hope nobody chews me out.

I wanted to use a farmlands map from ARMA1 in Arma2 using CAA1

When I load the particular map it gives me an error message about requiring version 1.14 - Now I'm aware i need to extract the config and rename the version.. but i'm confused as to one version i need to rename it too?

Edited by OH-58-FL-Pilot

kju,

The modline example shown on the DevHeaven HowToStartCAA1 wiki page does not work. It is too long to fit into the Target field of a shortcut (using Vista 64 SP2). Appears to be an unfortunate bi-product of the new modules system. Suggest either trimming down the folder names or moving to what

Maybe it's best to use AnimalMother 92 suggests above i.e. moving everything into @caa1 and @oac_core and abandoning the x folder. However if teh structure is not changed on the server, it'll mess up updates.

lol, same questions almost all the time. Use an addon launcher, theres links on the devheaven page you were just looking at.

Kju, can you please move all the pbos into one addon folder for full versions of CAA1 and offer YAS like that. Most people use Full CAA1 anyway and we are mirroring our repo with your repository but the modline too long for the user.

Forcing people to use launchers is not fair.

I can do it for us but will create problems during updates.

I took the Caa1 and oac_core folders out of folder x, named them @caa1 and@oac_core, but modlauncher will still begin to start itself over and over again.. I even tried to take all "ArmA worlds" etc addon folders from caa1, and combine them as one addonfolder, but same problem occurs.. :(

I dunno if i can be of any help, but i use a different launcher i think.

The Arma II launcher by spirited machine seems to work fine,

It allows me to use all the mod folders metod but then create specific groups that can be launched together or independenty depending on selection.

I have found it to be the better launcher as far as flexibility and not come into any issues "yet"

I took the Caa1 and oac_core folders out of folder x, named them @caa1 and@oac_core, but modlauncher will still begin to start itself over and over again.. I even tried to take all "ArmA worlds" etc addon folders from caa1, and combine them as one addonfolder, but same problem occurs.. :(

start the launcher dont press okay go to the settings of the launcher and press reset.

problem should be solved.

Ok my related issue has to do with the sound folder so i'm assuming there is a readme i need to find.

And i searched this forum, and i hope nobody chews me out.

I wanted to use a farmlands map from ARMA1 in Arma2 using CAA1

When I load the particular map it gives me an error message about requiring version 1.14 - Now I'm aware i need to extract the config and rename the version.. but i'm confused as to one version i need to rename it too?

change the required patch in the config from 1.14 to 1.05

you can also use 1.02 or 1.04

hope to help

change the required patch in the config from 1.14 to 1.05

you can also use 1.02 or 1.04

hope to help

Yea thank you, that did the trick. Sadly the map has weird shadowing that flickers :(

Guess i just have to hope somebody will port some of these maps with texture issues over or explains how to fix these issues, i went through the wiki as I have some free time the next few weeks but cannot locate anything that explains how to solve them oh well, already have enough content to keep me busy in arma ii and arma for years.

any help plssssssssssss when i load sahrani map it works fine when i head back 2 the main menu the game crashes and tells me ca intro anims .hpp is missing any help plssssss thanx

any help plssssssssssss when i load sahrani map it works fine when i head back 2 the main menu the game crashes and tells me ca intro anims .hpp is missing any help plssssss thanx

Using the latest YOMA? Recheck you have all the addons.

It might be the problem because CAA1 has been upddated several times via Yoma AddonSync since its original release.

Theres a thread for it in this Completed Addons section.

Quick question if I may; if I am trying to get an Arma 1 addon to work in Arma 2 via CAA1, where should I put the addon? Do I put it in it's own folder in the Arma 2 directory or should I put it inside the CAA1 addon directory? Cheers.

For info, the addon in question is Southy's F-15 pack. I'd really like to get his/Footmunch's) old planes working in Arma 2 but so far no matter what I try I can't even get them to show up in the editor. It's probably due to a raft of issues that can't be overcome with CAA1 alone, but thought it was worth a gander.

It dosnt matter where you put it, but for neatness sake, give it its own folder. Are you loading OAC as well? Thats needed. Ive never tried, only with Islands.

EDIT* Just reading the CAA and OAC page i see nothing about using old addons in Arma2. IT says you can use it as a base to convert the addons. You might have to do some config changes...

Unit mapping addon for an OFP and ArmA to ArmA II config

Edited by Nazul

OK, I have one question... I have some weird color correction issue... I'll show you screenshots:

1. So, this is how it should look like:

avgani1.jpg

2. And this is how it looks like on my pc (it has that greenish Chernarus color correction)

arma22009-12-3102-11-04-60.jpg

Any ideas?

I seem to be having a few problems with getting CAA1 to work after downloading through yoma addon sync.

After using the mission Fly like an eagle as a test I keep getting the following error,

Cannot load world 'ca\sara\sara.wrp'

My shortcut is as follows,

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core -world=sara -nosplash

Also I'm not getting the maps in the editor either, even though after going the folders everything seems to be there.

Hehe I have searched these forums, caa1 wiki and google and have come up with nothing so I'm really stumped as to what is wrong.

I seem to be having a few problems with getting CAA1 to work after downloading through yoma addon sync.

After using the mission Fly like an eagle as a test I keep getting the following error,

Cannot load world 'ca\sara\sara.wrp'

My shortcut is as follows,

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core -world=sara -nosplash

Also I'm not getting the maps in the editor either, even though after going the folders everything seems to be there.

Hehe I have searched these forums, caa1 wiki and google and have come up with nothing so I'm really stumped as to what is wrong.

in the CAA1 folder are very much subfolder´s

-mod=x\caa1\ArmA_PlantsClassic;x\caa1\ArmA_Campaign_Animation;x\caa1\ArmA_Objects;x\caa1\ArmA_ObjectsCTI;x\caa1\ArmA_VehicleFeatures;x\caa1\ArmA_Vehicles;x\caa1\ArmA_WorldIntros;x\caa1\ArmA_Worlds;x\caa1\Extra_Worlds;x\caa1\QG_Objects;x\caa1\QG_Worlds;x\oac\oac_core

u should make a batch file because the targetline is to short.

what i did:

i copied the whole content of CAA1 folder in one addonfolder.

it works.

Thanks Kochleffel, but I'm not really sure how to make a batch file =(, had a look at a few tutorials on google lol now I'm really confused.

If anyone could point me in the right direction with this it would be greatly apprieciated.

Edited by koalahunter

Why dont you guys use a launcher instead of fucking about with shortcuts? Theres been links every page in this thread

Since kju said he's not going to update the CAA and OAC anymore, you can copy all the addons into a single addon folder like kochleffel suggested and shorthen the modline ;)