Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Crap... I'm on Windows 7 x64 and 182.50 doesn't seem to be available for it.

I too am on Win7 x64. Just use the Vista driver. :)

With this beta and settings the same for all I am having more crashes in MP game. I get a huge freeze then CTD and send report to M$. Done it a dozen time last night. Do M$ forward these to BI or is there any point in me 'send report to M$' ?

With this beta and settings the same for all I am having more crashes in MP game. I get a huge freeze then CTD and send report to M$. Done it a dozen time last night. Do M$ forward these to BI or is there any point in me 'send report to M$' ?

That's the ultimate question: to send an error report, or not to send one. But... is there really a difference? ;)

Do you get flickering/black/white textures before it crashes?

I had 2 freezes yesterday with the latest version. And they came when i tried to exit the missions. Hit escape and then suspend - freeze with sounds still running.

Will do more tests on this. But it seemed to happen when i tried to exit the mission during heavy fighting.

Using Win7 with the 190.38 driver. Never happened in the final, nor 58834 - 58899. I skipped the betas after that one and went straight to the latest.

Alex

Latest patch managed to pull of a stress test of server & client play for 8 hours straight without a single CTD. It seems BIS is heading for the right direction. Did anyone notice that player shakes his head in a no-no when you say "Negative"? :)

Do you play on servers running beta or vanilla servers?

New beta seems to be out, 58968.zip.

[58961] Fixed: Immortal freezed soldiers occured in MP.

Woot. That one was annoying.

New beta seems to be out, 58968.zip.

Any news of performace improvements?

As regards the 46 patch: when you command a soldier to heal himself, it triggers a stupid animation of the soldier "healing" a virtual someone infront of him.

Maybe beta patches do not include performance tweaks at all - ever thought of that?

Any news of performace improvements?

As regards the 46 patch: when you command a soldier to heal himself, it triggers a stupid animation of the soldier "healing" a virtual someone infront of him.

No. I have not seen performance improvements in any of these beta patches. I think they release the performance fixes only in final patches. Maybe 1.04 or most likely 1.05.

Maybe beta patches do not include performance tweaks at all - ever thought of that?

Yeah its funny to read that every patch brings better performance for a handfull of people, while the changelog doesnt mention any performance changes (ofc they can do verry little tweaks without mentioning)

Ever heard of the placebo (no not the guy with the fishing-fetish) effect? :rolleyes:

Yeah its funny to read that every patch brings better performance for a handfull of people, while the changelog doesnt mention any performance changes (ofc they can do verry little tweaks without mentioning)

Ever heard of the placebo (no not the guy with the fishing-fetish) effect? :rolleyes:

Thats exactly why I am asking. I had a slight feeling with the first beta patches that the performance (texture loading) is better, but it gradually faded away. Also, from time to time, someone claims here and there that FPS or CPU usage is better, but nothing confirmed so far...

I think if there were actual performance improvements, they would mention it.

There is also a chance that by fixing some of the problems some of the people who have these problem will also have a slight performance boost while others dont

Edited by 4 IN 1

The devs have stated a few times that they do receive those crash reports and it does help them, so it's worth doing. On my new Win7 install it never seems to get anywhere when I tell it to check the status, so I never get the option to send the report... oh well.

Did anyone notice that player shakes his head in a no-no when you say "Negative"? :)

Yes, but as far as I know it's done that since the game was released. Completely freaked me out the first time I did it in first person view.

Do you play on servers running beta or vanilla servers?

Vanilla servers, can't seem to find anyone running beta version servers :/

The devs have stated a few times that they do receive those crash reports and it does help them, so it's worth doing. On my new Win7 install it never seems to get anywhere when I tell it to check the status, so I never get the option to send the report... oh well.

Yes, but as far as I know it's done that since the game was released. Completely freaked me out the first time I did it in first person view.

Gotcha thanks, I will keep sending them.

I was referring to posts like this. I'm sure I've seen others too but that's 'official' enough for a 5 minute search...

58972 is out.

[58972] Hotfix: Possible crashes in VoN when many players were speaking simultaneously.

58972 is out.

I know campaign bugs are not in the log, but in Manhattan, the artillery bug is still not fixed. I.e. I only have ONE artillery barrage (resp. the option disappears after the first use) + when I discover the main camp, they tell me I have artillery available again, call sign "Mike", but I DONT!!!!!! Arrrggghhh!

Weapon sounds around the player still distort and disappear :(

Even in a standard 1.03 sound problems is not so bad, like in beta versions.

Hope BIS finally do something with it…

Any news about grass rendering poblem? You think you are hiding, but the grass is not rendered at distance, so enemy can see you very clearly. How do they think to fix it? :(

Any news about grass rendering poblem? You think you are hiding, but the grass is not rendered at distance, so enemy can see you very clearly. How do they think to fix it? :(

By partially burying the players at distance, by way of a floating grass layer. It looked horrible in the shots that floated about some time ago, but was for sure w.i.p. and seems to be the only option. In the mean time you hide very effectively in the bushes and some of the trees;)