Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

FUCK. There went the last part of OA that actually might improve the gameplay.

Oh yeah, you know, apart from FLIR, UAVs, scope zeroing, new radar and UI system, countermeasures...

Those won't improve the gameplay at all. :rolleyes:

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=articles&class=articles&id=44

"Will the AI use buiding interiors? Take cover in the buildings and search for enemies?

AI_q1_thumb.jpg

The many buildings of Zargabad

The AI itself is not able to do it; however, with smart scenario design it is possible to have AI also in buildings, or move through buildings. The AI will follow orders, entering buildings on command, or following you into buildings as part of your group."

That bit also disappointed me, but i'm sure the game will still be great. cities look lovely in Takistan if i do say so my self. :cool:

ah, walts.. :rolleyes:

personally, i don't give a bean for fighting inside buildings. I use them for cover (for when I am wounded as well) and ambushes. I don't like CQB in arma 2, so nothing of value lost

You know you can use mission scripts to make that happen? Even if you're not very good at scripting, there's probably gonna be tons of user-made custom scripts that would fit that purpose quite well. Just like the UPS and UPSMON scripts, DAC3 and GL4 scripts available now.

You know you can use mission scripts to make that happen? Even if you're not very good at scripting, there's probably gonna be tons of user-made custom scripts that would fit that purpose quite well. Just like the UPS and UPSMON scripts, DAC3 and GL4 scripts available now.

Case and point:

ijSEMvQWMTQ

All credit for that video goes to Rejenorst.

Sure it would be nice if AI did handle buildings completely on their own but theres mods like GL4 that makes AI randomly search & use buildings. Also like mentioned before the seek & destroy waypoint also makes AI enter buildings so with a little scripting AI uses buildings..... it's not the end of the world.

But if thats really what tips the iceberg for you then..... LOL :p

... I think FLIR's a bit of gimmick, as is the scope zeroing. Seriously... I can't think of a single time FLIR would be practical in one of (desgned by me in editor) combat situations.

That would be the limit of your imagination, then. ;)

that's really just you, FLIR can be VERY useful, especially for helicopter gunners

I can't think of a single time FLIR would be practical

Mmm, what's the name... Night ? maybe ?

... I think FLIR's a bit of gimmick, as is the scope zeroing. Seriously... I can't think of a single time FLIR would be practical in one of (desgned by me in editor) combat situations.

*Drops tinned troll food over the bridge*

So FLIR isn't useful because you personally won't use it? Better start the petition for BIS to drop FLIR then...

I can think of about 10 off the top of my head right now.

And seriously? You don't think FLIR's practical? YOUR ENEMIES ARE GODDAMNED GLOWING!!!!111!!! :cc:

pay no attention to the avatar...

Dude. I cant think of a single time trolling has been useful.

Dont feed the troll rule. Sorry, i hope i didnt feed it too much.:(

Edited by Jelliz

Exactly. It's obviously by now that he's just trolling. And feeding them is exactly what you shall not do.

Not feeding trolls make them starve and die sooner or later. :)

Edit: Guys you can stop reporting him, for the foul language he got already his infraction.

Edited by W0lle

*Drops tinned troll food over the bridge*

That made me laugh soo hard!!!

Btw people we need 1000 members to join the steam group then we get a new suprise apprently! Since we have 800 or so we just need 200 more! then maybe we get something big like a demo or something who knows !! Join Join even if u dont like steam lol its for the benifit!! of you all! :d

ARMA 2 : Operation Arrowhead , STEAM official gaming group

1000 members:

Another surprise to reveal ...

.... I won't use FLIR. That makes me a troll? How does me voicing my opinion make me a troll? Not sucking BI cock at all times makes me a troll? Not using smileys after every sentence, (even when its something negative) make me a troll? Leave me alone, I am not here for your amusement. I am here for stuff.

Edited by Walts

.... I won't use FLIR. That makes me a troll? How does me voicing my opinion make me a troll? Not sucking BI cock at all times makes me a troll? Not using smileys after every sentence, (even when its something negative) make me a troll? Leave me alone, I am not here for your amusement. I am here for stuff.

The fact you won't use new stuff doesn't make the new stuff invisible. There WILL be a FLIR, there will be weapon zeroing, etc.... They are there, saying "I won't use them" won't make them disappear, as much you would like to be able to diss OA.

They called you a troll because you said the FLIR was just a gimmick and not practical, that's all.

I personally don't have a use for it. Stop badgering me.

@Whisper: Diss OA? The one with the 15% performance boost, lasers, large cities and hell thats pretty much all I've ever wanted.

@NodUnit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29.

I don't fly the planes or helis... so its not really all that practical for me. Deal with it. If you don't like it, please ignore the posts that I make.

Hey buddy, I didn't call you a troll and I did not attack you, I was simply stating as to why they attacked you because you seemed a bit confused.

I personally don't have a use for it. Stop badgering me.

@Whisper: Diss OA? The one with the 15% performance boost, lasers, large cities and hell thats pretty much all I've ever wanted.

@NodUnit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29.

I don't fly the planes or helis... so its not really all that practical for me. Deal with it. If you don't like it, please ignore the posts that I make.

while this is true, why don't you think of the other side, the people who are heli gunners? FLIR is invaluable to them/me (imo)

Yeah, what the hell are you guys talking about with "Daytime FLIR omfg!"? If anything, in daytime most surfaces will be visible but active heat sources will still stand out.

obviously you shall watch some footage from military FLIR devices used in daylight on desert ...

Well... FLIR is pretty much solely for night ops.

That's now how it's used in Arrowhead, you can use it perfectly fine in daylight. Going by the videos they released of "Coltan Blues".