Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

That's what I think too as it's the same technique. I uploaded a screenshot which shows the differences between FLIR compatible units (left) and "normal" units (right):

Now I'm really confused. I want to ask some questions before saying anything else in case I didn't understand properly. Is the screenshot from VBS2 right? The units on the left are VBS2 units while the units on the right are ArmA units?

Now I'm really confused. I want to ask some questions before saying anything else in case I didn't understand properly. Is the screenshot from VBS2 right? The units on the left are VBS2 units while the units on the right are ArmA units?

Correct.

Correct.

Well than this is what I ment when I said that the ARMA2 units will be invisible to FLIR. Ok, not invisible but very hard to distinguish from the surroundings.

Well than this is what I ment when I said that the ARMA2 units will be invisible to FLIR. Ok, not invisible but very hard to distinguish from the surroundings.

As long as the community will provide the conversion, using torrents to distribute the modded textured for the Arma 2 resources, I don't see a problem. But the fact is, that the community needs to actual do it......would be nice to actual know what to do beforehand so that the conversion will be ready for Operation Arrowshead launch. Instead of doing it after the release date.

Wolle, could you provide some details how to do it? Ask BIS to provide this data so we can already start the conversion......that is if the VBS2 technology is used and BIS knows exactlt how they plan to use the technique for OA.

A few pages back DM explained more or less how its done, he knows way more than I ever will. :)

I'm sure sooner or later BIS will reveil how it's done and the community can start working on it.

A few pages back DM explained more or less how its done, he knows way more than I ever will. :)

I'm sure sooner or later BIS will reveil how it's done and the community can start working on it.

A tutrial by BIS would be most welcome......

I don't see a problem.

Thats because you dont see much else either.

Unless BI releases the source models for all of the A2 content, which is unlikely for at least a year (as was seen with ArmA, but there wasnt an expansion pack in development then) its just not going to happen.

Thats because you dont see much else either.

Unless BI releases the source models for all of the A2 content, which is unlikely for at least a year (as was seen with ArmA, but there wasnt an expansion pack in development then) its just not going to happen.

Yes, I guess you have a point there.........still, it would be nice for BIS to act on this.......in essence we would be helping them out........by pleasing the Arma 2 customers........maybe a group of volunteers can do it, that would limit the distribution of these source files.......coupled to some NDA.......

Ideally, the coders at BIS would re-work the FLIR system from VBS 2 so that it would be compatible with both the vanilla ArmA 2 units as well as the new units that will be introduced in OA. Don't know which method's easier/more-practical, though...

U.S. Army? Marines for the win!

I'm only at FOB Manhattan in Harvest Red, hopefully there will be mission as a regular USMC infantry man, I hate SF.

Ideally, the coders at BIS would re-work the FLIR system from VBS 2 so that it would be compatible with both the vanilla ArmA 2 units as well as the new units that will be introduced in OA. Don't know which method's easier/more-practical, though...

It was stated that they don't have the manpower to do it....conversion of the Arma 2 models

Did you read the words: feels like.....

yea but even that is broken, the grass distance fades away from a distance leaving you exposed and vulnerable.

It also depends on where the battle is taking place, there aint much bushes and puddles in iraq for example :rolleyes:

Well, for A2 they said they were working on a grass solution.

I'm kinda hoping that the 70km urban section of OA has at least one Avgani size town, or maybe larger, but just at least one of them.

Am I the only one somewhat starving for some new information on this game?

Some people just... Never really understand BIS' marketing ways. No matter how many times it's shown...

U.S. Army? Marines for the win!

I'm only at FOB Manhattan in Harvest Red, hopefully there will be mission as a regular USMC infantry man, I hate SF.

Amen, I already gone through that phase, Now I just want good ol' infantry. SF has been done so many times its not even SF anymore.

Will we get M110's in OpA? :)

BIS please if you do bring us that rifle - can we get the silenced one as well? Would be nice for some silenced attacks on villages etc. Just to take out the outer guards and so on.

Alex

Will we get M110's in OpA? :)

BIS please if you do bring us that rifle - can we get the silenced one as well? Would be nice for some silenced attacks on villages etc. Just to take out the outer guards and so on.

Alex

If we don't I'm sure we will by the time ACE rolls on scene.

more info please.................

video? screenies?