Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

It's like Battlefield 2 all over again (Special Forces, Euro Force, Armored Fury, Battelfield 2142, Northern Strike).

Well, I'm personally hoping it's more of a Resistance and less of a Queen's Gambit, if you get me :wink_o:

It's funny to see all the people speculate about the 'community being split' by the x-pack. Either it will be like Resistance, and nobody will stick to the original version, or it will be like Queen's Gambit, and no one will bother making addons that only support Arrowhead.

Edited by echo1

It is all up to the mission maker, whether you can play the mission or not without the expansion pack. It is he alone, who will decide, whether he will use the new addons or not, just like he is deciding on community addons. We shouldn't blame BIS for splitting anything, because this is our very own decision. I'm really anticipating the new contents and engine upgrades and will probably make a version with and without the OA-Addons of my missions. Problem solved. :D

Any news of the Gamescom in Cologne ?

I was just thinking the same tbh!

You know KS-usually something/somewhere gets out and about these days? ;)

well i had the impression that US ARMY stands for "Aint Ready for Marines Yet"

(no offence to non us army ppl)

Operation Arrowhead ... sounds great! I'm new to this forum but not to the game, nice to meet you ... yoroshiku!

wasn't there supposed to be sum kind of news from gamescom?

It has a few more days left. Something will probably come out at some point. Its presently 2am there so I doubt we will see anything within the next 8 hours. Maybe though.

Three years after the conflict in Chernarus, portrayed in the original ARMA II, a new flashpoint in the Green Sea region heats up and coalition forces led by the US Army are sent to Takistan to quickly restore peace and prevent further civilian casualties.

y is it always USMC? :( y not british royal marine commandos or sumthin 4 a change, thatd b cool:D

A request BIS.

Mi-28N

That is all.

The shot of the village looks great, so much detail in such a small pic. Cant wait for more info.

y is it always USMC? :( y not british royal marine commandos or sumthin 4 a change, thatd b cool:D

You don't play as the USMC you play as the US Army. I would much rather play as a Royal Marine or something though. Who would want to be a Marine when they can be a Royal Marine.

It has a few more days left. Something will probably come out at some point. Its presently 2am there so I doubt we will see anything within the next 8 hours. Maybe though.

How is it in this world of Youtubes and Twitters we still can't get news of stuff like this in the same day??

How is it in this world of Youtubes and Twitters we still can't get news of stuff like this in the same day??

Perhaps all the meetings they had today were business appointments. I'm sure we'll get something. We got the Beta patch today maybe they have something in store for tomorrow.

I don't understand the marketing tactics of BIS/501, why no news on the first day? I would assume they are proud to show some WIP videos and hype it alittle...

Where is the neeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwsssssss????????????????

I don't know how many of you have completed the ArmA2 campaign, but in the end there are some stuff talking about the Takistani conflict (didn't want to give spoilers, I hope I didn't)... :D

(didn't want to give spoilers, I hope I didn't)... :D

That's what these are for...

But thanks, I'm one of those people.

That's what these are for...

But thanks, I'm one of those people.

He didn't really ruin the end or anything. Its not like he told you that at the end of the campaign that the Japanese, Chinese and EU make a secret pact and invade the United States... whoops i've said too much.

I was hoping when I woke up this morning there would be a cool trailer but I guess not. I will probably spend all my time checking Armaholic, Armed Assault info and Gamespot for news. Not that gamespot will have any but maybe.

Edited by Jakerod

He didn't really ruin the end or anything.

Lol, I know that. I just wanted to show him how to use spoiler tags.

Its not like he told you that at the end of the campaign that the Japanese, Chinese and EU make a secret pact and invade the United States... whoops i've said too much.

Lol, even BIS would realize how unrealistic that scenario is (Japanese?? Invading US?? This isn't the 1940s).

Searched trough 20 gaming websites for news but found nothing. Just the "old" announcement. I'll keep looking.

True. Not even the 90's

;)

Lol, maybe I should read that... seems interesting.

Wait a second, I'm a college student, I don't have time to read books. :confused_o: