Sign in to follow this  
gromov

Patch 1.04 suggestions

I've just installed the 1.03 patch and quick checked some things related to AI, and have one simply question: WHY IS AI STILL SO STUPID???

The third patch and still the bug fixes are often too small to see them in practise. In some cases AI is much worse than in OFP. In topic "Patch 1.03 suggestions" I pasted three links to show how the attacked car driver behaves:

The problem still isn't fixed.

The second bug is driving in column formation by armored units (maybe by cars too but i didn't check it). I've already told about it in some of the previous topics, but I see I have to say it again. Remember the cutscene from OFP with "Memory" song in the background and T-72s moving in a column? Try to make the same thing in ArmA 2... Tanks after several metres start to make turns around themselves. What's that? A folk dance? They simply can't driving forward without stupid behaviour. Commander of the group can also sometimes decide in half of passed way to leave the waypoint and choose his own way - "free for all"

Bugs are still big despite it can be repair very quickly (these are only examples):

* Loader of M1A2 TUSK still can't hide into turret and dies very quickly...

* BM-21 optic still doesn't work...

And really small:

* Maybe not bug, but disturbing: T-72 exhaust smoke. Have you ever seen how the T-72's engine works? It causes big clouds of the smoke, not only few sparks

Sorry that I use strong words, but as a big fan of OFP I can not just looking at ArmA 2 and say it's wonderful game if it isn't.

Please make this game as good as it should be, cause it can be the best. It has great potential, which is unfortunately still not used in the best way.

Regards

Now that 1.03 is out and I am reading that there are NEW problems i figure we can post suggestions here:

1. Speed up texture loading. takes like 20 seconds now for buildings and trees to load.

2. friendly supply trucks and other vehicles stop running over other friendlies (esp razor team)

i.e. collision prevention rather than just collision detection.

3. if you tell some units (say F4,F5) to move to a certain place, number2 (F2) doesnt tell them to fall back into formation later

i.e. who is really in command here ?

4. chicky soldierettes. not necessarily as front line troops, but could be included as transport drivers etc

5. option to sit down and sort your mags out, i.e. fill each of them up, rather than have lots of mags with only a few rounds in them if youve been doing lots of shooting and reloading without using whole mags.

6. issue multiple waypoints to your team members, like u can to other elements attached to your command

Edited by whopper_with_cheese

4: fix mod behavior here

5: Improve sounds. Seriously, 95% of them feel like place holders.

1. Fix gunner sight on GRAD

2. Make Hind-F optical sight movable for use with atgm's and close ups. Make the cannon fire straight just like FFAR's if sight aint centred.

3. Make heli's/aircraft be able to target empty vehicles/or vehicles with engines off when anti-tank missles are selected.

4. Make grass shorter in lots of areas (more fps)

5. Make tanks not destroyable by machine guns (takes 2-4 clips to blow t72, t90 up)

Fix Missions... specifically Dogs of War

Fixe the damned typo in vehicle .cfg

the bmp3 has a value of damageResistance = 0.014030;

while the t90 has a value of damageResistance = 0.003890;

This makes the T90 vulnerable to small arms fire.

T72 shares this problem.

3. if you tell some units (say F4,F5) to move to a certain place, number2 (F2) doesnt tell them to fall back into formation later

i.e. who is really in command here ?

This might have been a bugged never noticed or addressed, i found that the squad members f2, f3, etc got reversed in the squad list although they didnt know it in game many many times...

What I am saying is that... f2 shows he is f2, but in the squad list his symbol is not of f2, and he doesnt respond to f2 commands, and f3 is the f2 symbol, and doesnt respond to f3 commands but f2 respodns to f3 commands but doesnt know who f3 is, and f3 doesnt know who f2 is so they are like FU

6. Performance improvements

7. Improve AI driving skill

8. AI (generally speaking) needs improvements: often some soldiers are too stupid: for example I bought three more men for my team (an RPG soldier, a "Grenadier", and an AKM soldier). I called the RPG soldier and I said him to destroy a BTR (I gave him this order a lot of times). That idiot NEVER attacked it and me and my team have been killed a lot of times.

There were a lot of enemies around but we weren't under fire. So I've had to take the RPG from that soldier and use it against that BTR...what a stupid thing!

I still can't understand if that was a pathfinding error or a *don't know* error...however BIS should to fix it

9. Pathfinding has some problems during fights in the cities but I dunno if I've this error only if my team is bigger than 4 men or it was only an impression of mine

Edited by otreblA_SNAKE_[ITA]

optimize the grass in some areas, and interiors for the tanks wouldent be bad, the litle squar window thats ther now feels so out of place.:rolleyes:

69. satnav or ability to view map whilst driving...i.e. so u dont have to keep stopping and bring up map to check directions when enroute

70. have the 2 bmp crew in badlands do something. they rock up in the bmp, hop out...end of story. u cant tell them to get back in and drive it

For me performance needs to be improved.....alot (and yes I have a decent PC...)

1. Fix aircraft nose swaying side to side when at high speed.

2. Fix exhaust of the A10 (lack there of) and consider adding heat wave effects for jet burners plus contrails etc.

3. Give option to turn off textures on the map so we can see the contours and elevation/feature numbers! Make this more clear.

4. Optimise LOD loading as there are too many bugs or low detailed objects become abundant.

Performance optimization

Performance optimization...

...and

Performance optimization!

Getting scores of 2500-3000 in Arma 2 Mark with Q9300@3.0GHz and 2xGTX260 SC SLI system is just wrong (with everything on "Normal").

4. chicky soldierettes. not necessarily as front line troops, but could be included as transport drivers etc

Can't stress that enough, the best milsim out there is missing that feature

I mean, or at least correct the animations of boarding civilians into vehicles

Make the campaign more playable. Sometimes it's impossible to know what to do, Thank god for internet, or I would have been stuck. Make some hints etc.

And do something about that "ring of death" on bitter chill. How the f... are you supposed to know that you're beeing shot because your out of the "allowed" area.

1. Fix sound issues - sounds stop playing (eg: you use FFAR's to suppress a position - your chopper engine sounds stop until the explosions stop)

2. Fix command menu - ArmA1 was much more intuitive (I could quickly issue move/attack/etc orders to teams (red/blue/etc), now I have to manually give orders to individual soldiers and use the F-keys.

3. AI gunner will override your choice of weapons (cannon is used against heavy armour instead of guided missiles ...)

4. Improve High Command:

- Issuing orders on the map is buggy

- Hard to command in first person

- Can't group units

- Not enough info displayed (SITREP takes too long)

- Can't tell units to dismount/mount

- In 1st person units stay selected but you must de-select and then select again to issue further orders.

- Tiered system (team/squad/platoon/company/battalion etc)

5. Head bob should continue to work when iron-sights are on.

6. Countermeasures!

7. An armour penetration system so a WW2 T-34 cannot destroy a T-90 in two shots?

8. AI in Combat mode move much too cautiously - it can take 10 minutes to move through a city. This works some of the time but for instance, when they're in a field they should probably move much faster to get to cover instead of laying on the ground (and this happens when they are not even under fire.

besides focusing on performance and some config fixed (which are easy done)

fix the mp chat! why do i need to lean , walk toggle my watch etc when i need to type something? do keybinds need to be active while chat window is engaged for some higher purpose?

* C-130 taxi radius needs to be reduced

* Wingitp vortices (isn't this effect already in the core game, but disabled?)