Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Patch 1.03 Satisfaction Survey

How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

I want to know when will this company start addressing the problems associated with the ATI 4800 series graphic cards? I installed this patch via Steam, and I did not see any improvements what so ever in terms of graphics. It seems that I just wasted $50.00! I have an AMD Phenom II Quad Core 3.0, 8gig DDR 1066, ATI 4890, with Arma2 installed on both Vista 64bit Ulitmate and Windows Xp Pro (currently using XP Pro due to the problems with running this game with 8gigs of ram installed), and my frame rates suck!!

I'm spending more time messing around with video settings than anything...

Will be playing Battlefield Bad Company on the PS3 in the mean time....

2 player coop in the main campaign pretty much unplayable, issues found:

* Desync issues for the player not running the server, interrmittent, with values up 5000 at the time.

* Several CTD for other player not running server.

* Saving seems to work, but starting the mission with a save results in other client being disconnecting and him having to join once the mission is running.

* Manhattan related mission errors, shaftoe gives briefing over the radio near the start before either player has reached FOB manhattan (this seems to happen 50% of the time)

* Manhattan: Markers and tasks not working consistently on both clients almost all the time

* Many floating ambient civilian (?) vehicles floating as much as 10m from the ground sometimes (for non server player)

* Manhattan ai man stuck in osprey and dieing in mid air near start of mission. (once in 10 or so starts of the mission.

* CTD on saving (cannot commit)

* Star force 1 being destroyed on its helipad before its even been used

* Task with arrest, house never exploded on one run.

Tests performed over several hours and not using saves from previous patch.

I've been playing through the campaign. Last night after applying the patch I restarted the mission I was on, Badlands. I intended to kill Prizrak, but it turned out to be a waste of time.

I've been playing through the campaign. Last night after applying the patch I restarted the mission I was on, Badlands. I intended to kill Prizrak, but it turned out to be a waste of time.

That tells us a lot. Let me get my crystal ball.

... care to elaborate on the problem?

Thanks for the patch BIS :D

good : AI hearing ability has been reduced to human level

bad : the patch caused annoying sound issues (I managed to solved this issue by reducing all the ingame sounds)

I noticed the crackling of sound when playing last night, I originally thought I had some how turned down the quality of my sound on my computer but it just turns out something has gone wrong in this latest patch.

The performance tweaks have had a positive affect on my system.

My system can now cope with higher view distances and with higher settings.

There is less flickering.

Zooming increases FPS now instead of decreasing them.

I do however, get errors accompanied with crashes. I used to only get the odd crash which I blame on Win7.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Good: I am satisfied, but I hoped for more

Whether my hope of 'more' is reasonable or not is unknown to me ahah

AI hearing ability has been reduced, now I can crawl during day in the forest near enemy and they will never detect me unless I crawl fast.... Perfect for stealthy sniper missions :fighting:

ActionMan & ClearDark

Please take personal dravel to PM guys. Dont clog up the thread or youll get hammered when Placebo wakes up. And its annoying to read mile long posts about nothing.

Alex

A patch doesn't need to fix everything as this will delay the patch even more. Small incremental patches IMHO is the way to go. As from the change log its has an impressive list of fixes. If BI continues like this all is very good. For me it gave me some performance here and there, AI improvements, less stuttering and the campaign seems playable so far. So i vote great.

BI must not give a lot of attention to this votes and they must continue their hard work to this awesome sim. My only concern is if BI consecrate at the port to consoles and delay the next patches.

Reminds me a bit of the OFP patch that fixed soem things but also added funny things like soldiers that wouldnt board helicopters or boats anymore.

One fixed one added saddly.

On my side i couldnt notice any bigger improvements more things that bug me now like the text that is displayed in the middle left of the screen instead on the bottom, im pretty sure that was different before.

Or worse that i now get invisible soldiers when missions get too demanding ( which only happens in urban areas oddly ).

The experimenting with patches is a rather bad idea, fixing things is one thing but changing things with patches that worked good before... dunno if thats so good

This patch had a detrimental effect on my fps.This game is unplayable at the 20fps I'm now getting in urban areas.

Have voted "good". Certain things run a little better but I'm still waiting for a proper throttle in my Planes and Helicopters.

Cleardark and Taurus, both of you have raised some valid points but they are lost in your efforts to prove to each other (and us) who is the most arrogant. Get a room.

Any software development process should include a UAT or beta program prior to production release (to avoid exactly this situation). I'm sure there's a very good reason for it not working this way but in the end the next best thing is regular bug fixes. I just ask that BI please please please keeps the community better informed as to the progress of these.

Also, Haryohh you can't seriously define 20fps as unplayable?

Edited by TechnoTerrorist303

Voted good, im one of the lucky once with Arma2 running fine on my system! thumbs up BIS

I voted Bad As on our Dedi server kept getting Micro lag and the Red chain disconnect

Using The Best Service Defcon Servers Offer.

voted good as that is how it plays on my machine.

happy to see the ai hearing levels and invincible leaves being fixed.

cheers bis.

I have to add that the difficulty of the game has been significantly decreased in some points. I've seen AI not responding while I was standing near a group of ten soldiers shooting them one by one without any response from them. Another time a AI unit was searching for me, but wasn't able to find me hiding in a bush just in front of him while I was looking directly into his eyes. :confused:

Autodetection is still crap LocalVram 256Mb, i have a 512MB card :banghead:

I would like Suppress and Take Cover commands fixed. Would extremely handy to have them working

Was playing version 1.03 for 4-5 hours last night and didn't come across any game killers but still, I had to vote for bad, who knows, maybe it'll motivate you guys to do a better job next time :).

My first disappointment has to be the unbelievable steam patching fiasco, which didn't concern myself since I own a retail copy, but still it amazes me how things can go so horribly wrong. The 2nd disappointment for me was that altho rockets can now pass vegetation, granades still explode on impact, and hand granades for example seem to discard the time fuse and explode on contact.

The smoke-thing has been mentioned so many times that you know what the issue is.

One thing that I was curious about the game from the beginning was the draw distance. It seems no matter how far I set the visibility setting, the real draw distance seems to be around 1000m, beyond which textures start disappearing, like trees, buildings, units and whatnot. I don't know if that's got to do with the video memory settings, since I've got it on normal due to missing textures from objects on the high setting (ie trees and buildings becoming white boxes even right next to you), however it seems to have gotten even worse in the latest version. Looking at devil's castle from about 1000m away from the west side, showed me the castle sitting on a bare hill, no forest anywhere near it. Only when I got closer the forest around it would appear and the castle get covered by it. This an issue I'd like to get fixed in the game, what's the joy of 10 000m draw distance if you still can't see beyond 1000m?

There's also a lot of textureswapping to be seen, like a destroyed target looking like it's perfectly intact from 100 meters, but when zoomed in the texture will swap from the intact one to the destroyed one.

Also, I still can't lock targets on javelin. Dunno if it's the autolock feature on the easiest diffculty settings screwing up the whole locking thing, or the fact that the lock and zoom buttons are the same (mouse 2), but I can't get javelin to lock targets on expert difficulty, not even zooming in on the + key and then trying to lock with mouse 2.

No more "detail fixes". BiS should work on minor issues like performance, Receiving bugs, AI etc. Don't fix airplane HUD's, new markers, UI and many other non-important things. Community will fix it in MODs. Keep focus on most inconvenient bugs.

Still getting the receiving bug... More than with 1.02

Wasn't that bug supposed to be fixed now? Have not been able to finish any MP missions yet due to this bug.

Not very satisfied no...