Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Patch 1.03 Satisfaction Survey

How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

No problems with the patch; things that BI said to do, have been done!

ps.:

I just saw that my fraps are about a 48 fraps +-5 when I play in windowed mode

I voted Bad As on our Dedi server kept getting Micro lag and the Red chain disconnect

Using The Best Service Defcon Servers Offer.

Sorry Off Topic ..Somewhat.

Could someone give me a link to fix the above problems that I have stated

we run public wise Domination by Xeno.

I'm satisfied in the way that most campaign bugs are fixed.

However I'm now plagued with CTD's which I never had before.

That, if you switch to analog throttle, you cannot control helicopters anymore, should have attracted attention in the first beta testing, but never have been released.

Come on, you couln't really just forget that?

But stability really has improved. As far as I can see, I cannot provoke it crashing anymore.

Edited by sobrek

It seems strange, all these ppl having CTD issues, I haven't had a single crash since first release. The game obviously needs major optimizations, improvements and bug fixes but it is a very complicated game and these things take time, although should have been done perhaps before releasing.

Im only getting avg. 22fps on a GTX 295, Q9650 4gb 1065mhz ram which does seem pretty poor.

I decided that now after couple of days playing it's fair to comment this matter.

Even though i wouldn't wanted to say this, but i have to say i'm not satisfied with this patch at all.

I'm mostly SP player and this patch didn't contain anything i would have wanted. All the fixes are mostly something i hadn't even noticed before so what did i get ? Nothing.

I would have wanted performance fixes and campaign fixes. Nothing more.

Dogs of war is still full of "game killer" bugs present here & there. Performance hasn't changed at all. Luckily it isn't any worse than in 1.02. ;)

If BIS can fix/improve these 2 things i would be more than happy and Arma2 would stay my favourite game of all times. Until then i just try to enjoy what we have now.

Well I can modify my Antialiasing in my options now, I have a performance increase. I'm content as can be, all I'm waiting for now is the editing tools so I can get to work on my units.

I'm going to have to say bad... :( I only play LAN with mods installed and I can't seem to get a good game going due to that 4 second pause since after installing the patch.

:edit:

And the sound quality just went utter crap, the worst in any video game ever... I'm sorry BI, but... heh this is not good, hopefully a new fix can patch this up.

Edited by CrazyAce

there also seem to be terrain streaming problems when using a sniper rifle in MP.

Every shot, no hit.

I tried in the Editor, there I had no problems at all, accuracy was way better!

I'm loving the patch! I can finally play the campaign! AI is much less god-like, and I am enjoying every minute of it.

BI, despite all the people who are unsatisfied, you have at least one person here that highly respects the time and effort you are putting into the game to make it one hell of an experience.

The patch is ok, though this:

*Fixed: After respawn in MP, player's tasks, diary content and skills are transferred to the new entity

doesn't work.... :/

Nothing mayor improved/fixed at all.... game still in a horrible shape...seriously wondering how many people are working on fixing the important issues, 2 or 3? *rolleyes*

Even new issues introduced - how can this be possible? Where is the QA Department in your company?

And for this patch we waited many many weeks.......

Edited by mr.g-c

I have to add that the difficulty of the game has been significantly decreased in some points. I've seen AI not responding while I was standing near a group of ten soldiers shooting them one by one without any response from them. Another time a AI unit was searching for me, but wasn't able to find me hiding in a bush just in front of him while I was looking directly into his eyes. :confused:

I voted bad.

People that said they didn't encountered a show stopper are probably not aware of the very repeatable bug found by Ben. You can test it with this mission: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=81158 but my guess would be that any coop mission with respawn will get the same bug.

AI will kill you the first time but when you respawn, they won't shoot at you even if you kill them one by one from very close. Here is a little screenshot of what I mean, those guys you see are ENNEMIES but don't react http://www.pnorm.net/AIUnresponsive.jpg

Good news is the first aid is fixed and the diary after respawn work (for me with an updated map)

Had to vote bad.

I'm one of those odd folks that have (tried) to take a liking to Superpowers.

Major bugs are still unresolved with it. I just spent an hour going through every slot on every server looking for a playable slot. Judging from comments and people jumping in and out I'm not the only one.

- Bugged slots include endless chat from phantom AI

- Uncommandable AI you inherit

- Player not being position #1 in the squad when you start, which sucks for muscle memory

- The map doesn't show capture points

- No commander and can't vote for one

All of this was going on pre-patch, and with fewer post-patch servers the issue is even more acute.

With this patch, my game "freezes" a couple of seconds. This happens through the hole game.

It is very irritating...

@Jimmy the Saint

No. The savegames are also written with the Version 1.03.

I have even more CTD while reloading savegames (all 1.03) than before with Version 1.02.

Marek Spanel: [...] Every single element is well taught so that it fits together. So this is a significant change, because with ArmA 1 it was just random, really. We made some units because we had to. There wasn't much passion from our side with the first ArmA, to be honest. This time it's different. (Videogamer.com Interview)

Well. That's rather depressing, and to be honest I'm starting to think their level of passion is rather indeterminate to the quality of the final product.

Put it this way.

Bad:

Keep getting server freeze frames lasting about 5 secs every now and then. This is on multiple servers and also multiple people in my clan have been getting the same problem, ever since the new patch.

Performance increase is very low.

Edit:(make it 5 times) Just got the receiving bug 5 times in the past 20 mins (which resulted in me now posting this).

CTD more frequently, also with no messages coming up afterwards.

Good:

AI improved.....no more super humans

Less lag off the side of the map

Better building destruction

Better Aircraft Hud

So all in all, if the performance was better, along with the new fixes etc. This game would be excellent. But it's those few performace issues introduced in this patch thats bugging me.

Edited by Fenrir
Changing figure

I'm pleased with the changes to the micro AI. Units commanded by the AI appear to stay in formation more and the commander isn't running ahead on suicide missions as much. Use of tactics and cover looks good at fire team level.

Also in high command mode AI subordinates are keeping formation better. Units sent off to engage the enemy appear to be staying closer to their commander instead of charging off across the map to commit suicide one at a time. AI commanders are also calling their units back into formation after engaging the enemy - something that didn't appear to happen much prior to 1.03.

On a negative note - The poor performance, particularly in or around cities and in the campaign are show stoppers for me.

voted: Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more

i have not experienced any major issues most of you are experiencing before/after the patch, only CTD when i went overboard with overclocking the GPU while testing. This tells me with my ok GPU that some of you are messing a lot with settings, overclocking, heat issues, trying so hard to add few more fps.

Well the game has the same performance, not noticed any difference...

There's just one thing...

Whenever I fire a weapon and let up, I hear a buzzing noise followed by a sharp *CLICK*. I enjoyed the sounds before as the quality was good, now I cant stand playing.

I rate this patch 0/10, below bad as low as you can go. Thanks very much BIS :(

had no problems at all before 1.3, now im getting crash to desktops every 5mins. :mad: its a shame, this game had so much potential, but for me the game is unplayable and I have given up. Bring on OF:dragon rising

game still crash and freeze to desktop when playing on an core I7 and a high end nvidia graphic card such as the 200 series...