Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Patch 1.03 Satisfaction Survey

How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

Sorry for posting only the bad things, good ones will follow...

bad:

• smoke grenades are completely useless. What was your intention to reduce their duration of activity to approximately five seconds and to a ridiculous size of smoke?
  • still unable to heal by default at friendly medics which is not in player's group. That was better in OFP in ArmA. Please change that.

eJay

No more "detail fixes". BiS should work on minor issues like performance, Receiving bugs, AI etc. Don't fix airplane HUD's, new markers, UI and many other non-important things. Community will fix it in MODs. Keep focus on most inconvenient bugs.

i mostly agree with you..exept one thing,

Community will fix it in MODs

i dont want to relay on the community to fix up bis misstakes.

and why should i need a mod to get the mistakes fixed. no thanks.

just think about it..

bis_flarefix.pbo

bis_hudfix.pbo

bis_fixedwingfix.pbo

and the list would go on for a while.

i rather wait for bis to fix them in a patch

im in no hurry :p

Voted good because the Campaign is actually more playable.

Noticed no improvements in the country-side and noticed some improvements in the town.

Wish I voted bad because how horrible the throttle fix was...

Actually yeah definitely a bad, I keep redoing Amphibious Assault campaign mission and Razor Team just decided to not move anywhere on the train tracks so I'm stuck there now :( didn't happen in 1.02

Edited by cjsoques

Got to say after sorting a few stutter problems a big WOW:yay:.

I am currently running everything on very high (1024 x 768) with a view distance of 1600, even on a test mission I made in chernogorsk with about 30 enemy groups and a USMC company assaulting with air support, lots of modules acm,som, weather, first aid etc and now with the new version of CBA thanks to sickboy and the team. After I first installed this game in patch 1.01 i was running on low settings and 83 percent fillrate - got to hand it to the BIS team ( and the community ) youve done a spiffing job gentlemen.

This is not intended as a brag as i havent got a high end machine, but a huge compliment to all involved.

AMD 5000

2 Gb DDR 2 (800mhz)

9500gt running 191.38 drivers

and a board with mothers on.

I voted no because my performance over 1.02 has definitely dropped. Lots of stutter. Read the boards and did all the suggestions to stop it (defrag, drop cba, change texture detail). there is a definite difference in performance in this patch. For the worse

OK, I didn't read everything .. so just some experience/thoughts:

It's really nice to see that AI doesn't go "All thatta way" after some sniping from 1.5km, if I've got a hard time targetting some AI (equiped with normal sights), how the &%$Y are they shooting me faster then I could shoot them?

M107 is really underpowered imo, it should be able to disable small vehicles with 1 or 2 shots. And oblitterating enemies -> extra fear would be nice with such a gun imo. If I were standing next to a guy who got shot and had trouble recognising any parts from him at all, I'd probably pee in my paints (yeah, lucky me .. never went into the army, doesn't mean I don't know weapon stats).

CPU consumption though is really my point of complain. AMD 3200+ min, 4400+ rec .. I've got 6400+ and the campaign is hardly playable. 14-16 fps? My GPU is usually running those FPS as % ... why is this game so demanding on CPU when one isn't even near AI orso? Red Harvest I think it was, that little outpost that gets overrun later on (city on an island in US I think it was, H something?). I've got 12 FPS there and my GPU is wondering if it shouldn't throttle back on it's frequency ... with no enemies even close.

OK, I'm just guessing all the AI is being tracked/used on the whole field ... then why do I only have 25-30 FPS on a MP game on a dedicated server? (Oh well, at least that's pretty playable, not really the point though).

Imo the game is too extensive for it's own good, imo AI shouldn't be modeled realistic when it's further then 30-50miles/km orso. It doesn't make sense (unless there is room for it.) And then there are quad-cores, surely they will be able to compute all that AI data for some decent FPS? NO!! They hardly get to 50% per core, and still have a crappy FPS.

Conclusion: Way too much, too bad. It's like Crysis in a SIM sense (read: badly programmed/optimized).

Oh yeah: make a 64bit executable: the continues loading is terrible/annoying. Most peeps have 4GB these days anyway. Imo it doesn't even need optimizing, just more textures into ram! (How come it only loads 1.5GB anyway, could at least max it imo.)

Also sig offcourse! ;)

Edited by CommDante

My 5 cents:

Pros

- Campaign now seems playable

- There seems to be a more effective management of memory in game

- Graphical environment seems more stable and better implemented

Cons

- UAV target lock is broken

Evaluation so far: Definetly a plus!

Even though there's a blatant issue with the UAV, the rest seems to be in better shape.... that's a cheap price to pay for a working game.

Thank you Bohemia, and hope you continue to polish and keep exploring the huge potential the game has got.

Edited by Kramxel

My 5 cents:

Pros

- Campaign now seems playable

- There seems to be a more effective management of memory in game

- Graphical environment seems more stable and better implemented

Cons

- UAV target lock is broken

Evaluation so far: Definetly a plus!

Even though there's a blatant issue with the UAV, the rest seems to be in better shape.... that's a cheap price to pay for a working game.

Thank you Bethesda, and hope you continue to polish and keep exploring the huge potential the game has got.

Bethesda? Do you evenknow who made the game?

4am dumb mistake...

The new patch with even more CTDs!!!

Wow...

So i guess BI just wanted to release this game ahead of OFP2 at any cost...even if that means realeasing an Alpha version.

Oh yeah and I am also getting more stuttering, not fps drop, just really annoying and unplayable stuttering.

Been getting a game crash on our dedicated server, both in Evolution and Domination, same one in both:

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00508B38

Version 1.03.58659

Fault address: 00508B38 01:00107B38 D:\ArmA2Server.exe

file: 82ndEvoVersion3 (__cur_mp)

world: Chernarus

Prev. code bytes: 00 00 8B 4D F8 8B 86 C8 00 00 00 C1 E1 02 85 FF

Fault code bytes: F3 0F 10 04 01 8D 45 F3 50 51 F3 0F 11 45 EC 8B

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:0150E85C

ECX:00000000 EDX:29F42194

ESI:02F1CC00 EDI:00000000

CS:EIP:001B:00508B38

SS:ESP:0023:0150E4CC EBP:0150E584

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00010246

=======================================================

imo AI shouldn't be modeled realistic when it's further then 30-50miles/km orso. It doesn't make sense (unless there is room for it.)

I disagree - in a "sim" the player shouldn't be anything special. AI should not behave differently (and thus have different outcomes for battles) based on where the player happens to be at that time. I do agree that I'd like to see all four cores working their asses off, and hope BIS can spend some time trying to improve the parallel processing capabilities of the engine. It can't have been an easy job to make a 10+ year old engine multithreaded so kudos to BIS for what they've achieved so far.

Chernaurus is now actually playable for me with this patch, so I'm pretty happy about that. Much less stuttering caused by loading data from disk. It does still happen a bit, and I agree that I'd like to see more aggressive use of memory. I have 3GB in my machine and the game's using 1GB. Windows reports over 1GB used as cache at the moment, which no doubt would include Arma 2's data but every time there's disk activity in-game I think to myself, "why wasn't this preloaded?". Use all my memory BIS - that's what I bought it for!

Regarding performance, have you tried using the single player mission editor to pop yourself on Utes with nothing else going on and see how it runs?

I am pretty happy with the update, but very surprised with so many hoping for a performance update patch, that the 1.03 included no performance fixes. A driver set from nVidia specifically for ARMA 2 might be nice too. ;p But beggars can`t be choosers.

Wtf. Someone else suggested Bethesda had made ARMA 2 on Youtube, wtf!

I voted no because my performance over 1.02 has definitely dropped. Lots of stutter. Read the boards and did all the suggestions to stop it (defrag, drop cba, change texture detail). there is a definite difference in performance in this patch. For the worse

dont forget to test it WITHOUT ANY ADDONS , first.

CBA 1.2 was cause of stuttering on 1.03 ...

My main issue is with teleporting AI when playing co-op multiplayer.

They move along and then teleport forward. (I was viewing him at 1kish distance through m107)

Why do they do this?

One example was a guy crawling along and I'm aim in front and the bullet would hit the dirt as a miss and then he would teleport onto that position!

Is there some server commands or setup to help reduce it? Is it just an ai optimisation so when they are far away they are cheap? Can this be fixed?

Mils

Now that i've had a chance to actually play the game online i can offer my feedback in regards to the quality of the patch itself.

Fucking sad.

Two CTD's and one server crash in the last two hours of gaming. Spamming error dialogue boxes popping up about controls and mission file shit. This game is twice as unstable as it was on release. Thanks for charging full price for ALPHA level software BIS. You guys are pro.

I noticed a lot of issues with the new analogue throttle, and a lot of issues with performance over chenarus. Plenty of CTDs to go around! Overall, BAD!

The missions of the campaign doesn't work stable. Just startet a new campaign with Patch 1.03 but the manhatten mission is still buggie and there are a lot of CTD while trying to reload an older savegame in this mission.

Fazit:

Singleplayer: Almost unplayable

Multiplayer: Works overall fine

The missions of the campaign doesn't work stable. Just startet a new campaign with Patch 1.03 but the manhatten mission is still buggie and there are a lot of CTD while trying to reload an older savegame in this mission.

Fazit:

Singleplayer: Almost unplayable

Multiplayer: Works overall fine

Older savegames like from before patch 1.03? That may not work and cause crashes to desktop.

Overall impression - this patch was a bit rushed or lets say not enough tested. Some things are now bugged and expected perfomance issues arent solved.

Just curious how many good and comprehensive bugreports BIS developers receive from the official and inofficial support sites?

ArmA2 has the potential to be a milestone in pc games but somehow it seems that all BIS developers are to blind to see this?

Hopefully Arma2 turns into a stable and bugfree platform for mission designers and the modding community.

not satisfied...

- still poor performance on highend machines

- objects popping up in the distance

- aircraft still begin to wobble from side to side at higher speed

- and several other bugs that hasnt been taken care of

BIS start using the community bug tracker and work on a list. also, using "scrum" wouldnt been bad.

Not sure what 1.03 fixed to be honest, because the patchnotes were quite disapointing, there are bugs with higher priority, but ok.

When do we finally get an optimized performance patch? Even high end PCs cant run ArmA2 smooth with good quality settings and the AntiAliasing patch 1.02 was useless, does anyone even use AA? The performance and quality is worth compared to the 3d resultion (fillrate) option.

So BIS; are you optimizing the code or working on a addon to rip us even more off?