Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Patch 1.03 Satisfaction Survey

How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

Multiplayer seems alot smoother, no more superhuman AI, in game VOIP seems louder

lots of improvements - definately alot more playable. good work so far BIS.

You're using the wrong SMAW rockets, use the anti-armour ones.

It requires 3 no matter what type of SMAW I use.

It requires 3 Javelins too.

And 15-20 x 105mm grenades (M119) to blow up a T-72.

Well, every 8 seconds my screen freezes for 2 seconds. Hard drive defragged. Didn't have this problem before. It doesn't freeze up in map mode. Only when actually playing the game.

I'm on STEAM but I copied my directory over before. Hope I can reinstall.

Patch broke the game for me.

Oh and just noticed. My gunner in Abrams will shoot a Sabot then switch to a machine gun and shoot the tank with a machine gun. Nice. Real Nice. I have to tell him in between every shot to load a Sabot. Brilliant.

Oh and the enemy AI? Dumb as dirt on Regular mode. We firing on them and they just stand there. A snipers dream.

I'm not happy. Not at all. This is a step backwards.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut
finding more problems.

Regular CTDs now in multiplayer. No apparent reason for this.

Ruins the fact that it plays smoother now than previously.

Edit: Seems the August 'beta' Catalyst drivers were to blame. When I set AA and AF to 'Application Controlled' the problem seems to have gone away. The game is now playing more smoothly with higher settings for me.

So, thanks BIS (time to eat sum humbel piez...).

Edited by Richey79

Totaly messed up every single save I had in single player, and my campaign..

The only way to move forward was to start from scratch with a new game.. otherwise it was a crash to desktop any time I tried to load any saved mission..

Never had this problem with the previous patch..

Have to say it's soul destroying having spent several hours in trying to complete 'Manhattan'.. only to restart the flippin thing again!

Didnt had that much time to play but tried my usual two test missions.

-Counterattack and Trial by Fire

Especially Counterattack is a perfect sample as it seems extremely demanding with the urban area and the medic modules and other scripts running.

Usually im happy with every patch i get and so far all patches showed me improvements but 1.30 left a bad after taste so far.

Here are some impressions:

hollow.th.jpg

hollow2.th.jpg

Saddly that happened a lot in the Counterattack mission to my and AI soldiers, had that before extremely rarely and only with heads but since 1.30 that happens lot more often in demanding missions it seems :(

flickering.th.jpg

The mission also tends to lead to weird effects like mad flickering shadows or polygon spikes everywhere.

Only thing to do is alt+tab in and out or use the -flush command.

Card is stress tested under FurMark and seems to run perfectly stable.

Only happens in ArmA and ArmA2 to me all other games run flawless, had it before 1.30 but seems worder now, not to mention that things tend to blur lot quicker on distance :(

Some trees and bushes still have horrible lods on distance that make them look like cut out of paper.

Apart from that it seems to me the heal anims dont work all the time, sometimes soldiers just kneel down do nothing and suddently they healed the other soldier.

My Specs:

WinXP SP2

4GB Ram

ATI HD4870 Latest 9.7 Drivers

AMD Phenom X4 9850

Lots of free HD space freshly defragmented

ArmA settings on Mid to high details, Shadows normal, textures normal, 100% fillrate, normal AA

This time I fired 5 javelins, hitting spot on. Nothing happened whatsoever. 5 javelins, the tank turned its turret and shot me -.-

This time I fired 5 javelins, hitting spot on. Nothing happened whatsoever. 5 javelins, the tank turned its turret and shot me -.-

it would have been a lot easier if you have posted a video.

Don't take this in the wrong way...

But if you stab a tank with a knife, nothing will happen....

If you stab it 10 times... nothing will happen....

If you do it like a million times... guess what? Nothing will happen.

If the javelin doesn't penetrate the tank, it will never happen.

That seems to be a plus on the hit point/real modeling debate.

You can argue that a javelin can penetrate a tank in real life, but that's another debate....

This has been talked about before. Depends on the distance between you and tank. Try at 50m 100m and 150m and 300m and come back with your results.

This has been talked about before. Depends on the distance between you and tank. Try at 50m 100m and 150m and 300m and come back with your results.

I'm pretty sure I've been able to kill a tank from 150 meters with less than 6 javelins before.

Fun thing is. With 10 tests from 150 meters, some times it blows in the first shot. Other times it takes 6 javelins before it blows. Average is 3-5 javelins.

Ok, I tried another issue what bothers me since Arma 2 was released.

Open the editor and hop in an assault chopper, Hind, Cobra, doesnt matter (even with tanks you will experience this)

place some enemy units.

Play as Pilot, your Gunner will instantly start to shoot with the cannon at enemy infantry units (what's ok so far).

Now, switch to Hellfire and target a vehicle.

As soon you ordered the Gunner to fire the Hellfire, the weapon automaticly switches back to cannon and starts shooting!!

Why?

Why for F*** sake?

Seriously, after a Hellfire got launched, why is there a need to blast a whole salve of HE bullets into the same target?

and thats not all.

you think you can do it better on your own?

Well, switch to manual fire and go on, try it.

I bet you will fail.

I wanted to shoot a salve of Hydra rockets into an enemy infantry group.

worked fine, until I stopped shooting.

What did happen next?

Well, it seems that the only logical consequence of shooting Hydras at enemy troops is to switch back to Hellfire missiles (with manual fire on, to keep that in mind!)

How does that make any sense?

Try to switch back to Hydra.....most of the time it doesnt work!

Its impossible to use a gunship or infantry fighting tank (like BMP) in a proper kind of way, except you have a Human Gunner.

I want that to work like in Arma 1!! I had no problems there!

this patch fixed nothing important to me, all I got are more problems.

Edited by [GLT]Sarge

Sarge;1395534']As soon you ordered the Gunner to fire the Hellfire' date=' the weapon automaticly switches back[/quote']

I keep getting killed because of this. Even with manual fire, it's impossible to fire Hydras, or anything else, because the fucking stupid gunner AI switches back.

it would have been a lot easier if you have posted a video.

Played the new patch online for a couple of hours, the only thing i came accross i didn't like is the puny smoke that comes from smoke nades.

Didn't crash on me yet and average performance seems a bit better here.

(gtx 285, q9650,4gb ram, xp, intel x25m ssd)

I seem to get a lot less flickering textures too.

Anyway i need to test it some more before i can really give my opinion.

I'm sorry to say it since you guys have never let me down with a patch before but I went with Bad.

Dogs of War is now playable sort of. If I get shot I have to restart because I am forced to crawl around the rest of the level. My men have randomly died within 100m of objectives without being fired at or anything. Helicopter never comes. Cutscene in

Vybor

is broken. Everyone who had the animations freezes at the end of it and I gain the unique ability to walk through whatever I want, run really fast and I lose the ability to talk. I'll still give hand signals but it doesn't matter because my men are frozen in place anyway.

On top of that nothing else really important to me was fixed and I am just incredibly frustrated with the game now.

I'm odd in this situation.

I've gained anywhere from 10-60 FPS. Before no matter what I did with Gfx settings, once i was back in game I would only get around 15, even with everything on lowest(incl res). Now, with all highest except, AA(norm), Shadows(norm), Terrain(low), PP(off), I get 100 in Utes with a small 20 AI skirmish and 20-30 in Dreaded Razor 2. Still very bad in Cherno and any other big city(10-20) with stuttering moments(2-3 sec).

C2D E6750 @ 2.66

XFX GF 9800 GTX stock/Factory OC

2gb ram

nForce 650i sli . MB which hampers Graphics card speed apparently. (PCI Express Lite, or something)

hi,

I voted bad because new bugs have been created like smoke shell issue or the grenade who still buggy. I found a new bug with the artillery module too, when you use the action "target artillery" an error box with press "continue" apear.

mini_229816arma2_arti_module_bug.jpg

I prefer to wait one or 2 mounths and get a good patch than have new bugs added. Please stop to listen people who want to have a patch just to have a patch, take your time since I guess it's better to have people yelling because they wait than people iritated because the patch is bad made. Just my 2 cents.

cu.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

I keep getting killed because of this. Even with manual fire, it's impossible to fire Hydras, or anything else, because the fucking stupid gunner AI switches back.

I'm glad I'm not alone with this, all the time it seemed I was the only one with that problem because I've never read anything anywhere about it.

:mad:

Whenever BI realese more fixes and improve my performance I'm always more than happy :)

I voted for great

Vote: Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

Why bad?

Because you destroyed things which worked.

Such as the smoke grenades.

They now sink below ground level and won't generate any smoke.

Sound starting to crackle.

And etc.

Still unchanged.

LOD and stuttering FPS(i.e drops to zero for a few seconds)

The aircrafts are still unplayable because of the "yaw", I'm aware that wasn't to be fixed in this patch.

Plus a bunch of other things.

I didn't feel for testing the other things.

There should be a QA team to test the patches before release...

Bohemia Interactive.

October is coming soon, then you'll have some competition.

I'm guessing you'll have up till then to fix this game.

The two things I'll remember with Arma 2 are:

Please let it be something else too, such as a game that could be played and recommended to others, in its current state I can't recommend it to anyone.

Edited by Taurus

Still getting lockups so it's made no difference to me but then the patch didn't claim it would.

I'm still not playing any missions, until it's sorted I'll stick with the editor.

Is there a choice below "unsatisfied". This is horrible. Now I can't get my squad to even move to a position I told them to. I'm putting up with the constant freezing, just to test, but I can't even do that. I tell a squad member to move to a point, and he says "Roger" and I look at him, and he's just standing there. I say ALL move to this position. They acknowledge, and one will be walking like he has no clue there is enemy. Just a nice stroll. the others just watch him. Stuff that was fine before is now broken. I'm so frustrated now, I don't even care to turn this game on anymore.

GAME IS NOW UNPLAYABLE FOR ME. I own a dedicated server and going to cancel with them.

Besides the points I made earlier and how it now effects my current game, I've also noticed the squad I control has developed a tendancy to dissappear in the opposite direction from my command, and even refuse to budge at all on numerous occasions.. I never had these problems before the patch!

Having said that, despite the bugs and problems, I simply love this game.. and know that the guys back at the coal face will sort it eventualy.. :)

I guess it's the same as 'Hidden and Dangerous'.. annoying and buggy as hell when it came out, but I played it to death and absolutely loved it!!

Vote: Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

Why bad?

Because you destroyed things which worked.

Such as the smoke grenades.

They now sink below ground level and won't generate any smoke.

Sound starting to crackle.

And etc.

Still unchanged.

LOD and stuttering FPS(i.e drops to zero for a few seconds)

The aircrafts are still unplayable because of the "yaw", I'm aware that wasn't to be fixed in this patch.

Plus a bunch of other things.

I didn't feel for testing the other things.

There should be a QA team to test the patches before release...

Bohemia Interactive.

October is coming soon, then you'll have some competition.

I'm guessing you'll have up till then to fix this game.

The two things I'll remember with Arma 2 are:

Please let it be something else too, such as a game that could be played and recommended to others, in its current state I can't recommend it to anyone.

Taurus. I don't know you but I'm sure you are one of those guys that got bullied in high school.

You take your time to sit here and cry about smoke grenades and then dismissively claim you "Don't feel like testing other things".

Do your homework and then come in here bitching.

To all the negative complainers out here. You obviously have zero knowledge of how a software development process works and how hard it is to get all the issues ironed out while keeping the customer happy and with a working product.

I give great kudos to BI for working hard on fixing all those issues. Rome wasn't build in a day and ArmA II won't be fixed in that period either. Though every patch is a step closer and it should be appreciated.

Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged by the spoiled little brats here.

As for the dedicated server late release, SO WHAT? It happens. I bet BI was so proud of their patch that they wanted to give it to you guys already. Its human beings working on this and mistakes can happen.

Those who complain about Steam re-downloading the game, i just don't get it...Why do you blame BI? All they have to do is send the patch data to Valve and they take care of the rest. If Steam redownloads your whole game go on Steam forums and bitch there since your complaints here are falling on the wrong ears.

Jesus, so many ungrateful f***s.