Sign in to follow this  
p75

Loading old vanilla Arma maps in Arma 2 with CAA1 - Just Wow - Performance & Beauty

I must say i am loving playing in high res saharani:yay:

Is there anyway to get the Camel in Arma 2?

Edited by snake eyes

@ papoose244

In short:

1) No not the ArmA I campaign. It was too crappy.

2) There is a basic port of the Queen's Gambit. Yet it is really up to the community and

you to improve it to make it work nicely in ArmA II.

thank you and do you have a link to the basic port of queens gambit?

Hi again Kju!

Thanks for the updated files - everything working smooth now - no errors encountered as yet...

RE: my retroport of Domination...

Here's a pic...

RTS_Title_thumb.jpg

And here's a link...

Domination A2 1.03 - Return To Sahrani # CAA1 and OAC required #

It was really originally only meant as a sort of personalised effort for my little "Pecan Patrol" squad - to entice a couple of the "I ain't buyin it - my rig's too crap" mates to hop onboard - it's massively familiar ground for them from Arma1...

Seemed to work! :) - another 2 sales so far for BIS... I do my bit y'know :)

It's basically Xeno's standard West AI version with a few very minor modifications which I can't remember... small stuff like chopper 1 and 2 are Hueys now - can lift and crate as usual tho)...

There's "boomerang bikes" at handy locations around the base...

How many times do you find yourself running the length of the runway?? The nearest boomerang bike takes you wherever you wanna go... just dismount and after a minute or two it'll go back where it came from...

One thing (mostly) missing is boats - I haven't added the full familiar complement from the Arma 1 version as yet - it wasn't a priority, but theres the original 4 from the arma 2 version down the coast from the base in the usual position... They mostly seemed to be the only ones that got used really...

Think theres a boomerang bike down there too (How many times u come ashore... etc)...

Guess that's about it... It hasn't been playtested extensively as yet, but all the sidemissions should work as well as main targets... repair stations on base rebuild OK if destroyed, arti and drops seem OK...

This is, of course, entirely The Mighty Xeno's work, I've merely changed a few numbers...

B

**EDIT** - Posted the wrong link earlier - fixed now - apologies to anyone who downloaded...

Edited by Bushlurker

Just downloaded and installed the mod, absolutely brilliant!

Many thanks to the guys who created this as you did a wonderful job!

Same here! Dont think i'll be using the vanilla ARMA2 maps for a while now. Instant and constant 60Fps with everything on very high @ 5000m visibility. 40fps @10000m! chucked in 50+ SU34's overhead and still managed 30fps!

For anyone still needing to download it, i'd recommend torrent as the best solution. Took me all of 15minutes to download the installer of 2Gb.

Does having purchased the game thru "Steam" mean I cannot use mods?

If so, I'm calling my lawyer... :mad:

WoW!!! Some people!!!

Damn! This game looks AWESOME with these maps. Thanks kju for the wonderful port. Can't wait for more missions to be ported to these maps...

Need some help. I can't load OPX afghan and avgani even after I've removed the config files and repack the PBO files in the addon folder. I am using the latest build of CAA1. But I am able to load the rest of the vanila maps from Arma1.

Edited by Muahaha

Any1 got Sakkakah Al Jawf working with CAA1? When i try to open it in the editor it's loading forever... After 35 min i give up... I tried to change some things in config but still no luck. Any ideas, suggestions?

Probably the world is not binarized.

This makes it take ages to load. OFP World took several hours in a test. :P

Binarize it. ;)

I've been trying to get this thing to install all of the addons properly through the Addon Sync program the website recommends, but it keeps failing at random times during the download of the files and I have to restart the program and resume downloading the addons....can't they come up with a more stable way to download everything, because I doubt this is going to work when it's done...

I've been trying to get this thing to install all of the addons properly through the Addon Sync program the website recommends, but it keeps failing at random times during the download of the files and I have to restart the program and resume downloading the addons....can't they come up with a more stable way to download everything, because I doubt this is going to work when it's done...

Its overloaded, was fine up to a few days ago but now the word is out.

Btw, these maps are so much better than Chernarus, run much smoother and look more natural. Its a must have mod.

Our server has been running it for a few days

http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/120885

Has anyone tried to run the arma1 Warfare mission in arma2 yet?...does it work?

so i ve readen 24 pages of questions and instructions,it seems it s a must have mod...also i saw the videos,it looks amazing but i really need support(the links about support didnt provide any cos im the most retarded noob worldwide):

1 does the big 2 gigs dw include both caa1 and core files?

2 how to find wich files to put in their respective addon folders?

3 is avgani included in the dw?if not how to make it runs in caa1?

4 are the various addons(i mean the various ones made by community,as blackops,aduke,etc)compatible?

Hi Aelin!

This is quite an old thread, dating from the time when CAA1 was still very much a Work-In-Progress...

It's since been officially released and it's all a little more straightforward now...

I'm afraid you have a bit more reading (and a hefty download) to do...

Go HERE to the official thread and take it from there... it's a little bit of a fuss to get everything in place, but it's Well worth it...

I'd personally suggest you take the time to setup and use the Yoma download route - that way all the files will automatically go where they're meant to - and updating will be MUCH easier and quicker...

Once you get to grips with Yoma's tool it becomes a "download - add shortcut - play" situation, and you only need use Yoma's slightly confusing tool for the actual download and occasional updates check.....

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Kju....Bloody superb work mate! My Gaming Lappy barely get 25FPS on Chernarus, but I can get a whopping 45FPS on Sahrani!

I also just brought in Avgani and Afghan Village and as I never had Queens Gambit, it is nice to see Porto, a great little map for small missions...

Once again many thanks.. Here are some pics I took to show the guys at TG how good this looks...

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-general-discussion/147990-caa1-do.html#post1364025

Nice work mate!

BD1

I also just brought in Avgani and Afghan Village

and where can i find them?a lot of people wants these maps but where the hell are they ???

Edit: This is only the Armed Assault version:

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/addons/opx.7z

The creator of these maps(Opteryx) was angry with BI not providing better map making tools for Arma 2,

so he changed hes nick in protest and asked Armaholic and info to stop hosting these maps.

Edited by sparks50

sparks thank so much.but does the link contain the version for caa1-a2?i dont have arma 1.....

Its the version for Arma 1, I dont know about any other. You should load them manually into arma 2

Edited by sparks50

No...

Download the islands.

Open the Avgani.pbo and the Afghan village .pbo with an unpacker tool...

Look for a file in each called "config.bin"

Delete them.

Repack those two island files again.

Create an @Avgani folder - open it up.

Inside, make another folder - call that one Addons.

Dump ALL the files INSIDE that (there'll be the two island ones you deleted the configs from, plus four prefixed "opx").

Then click THIS...

Download and unzip.

Put all those files in with the Avgani, etc ones.

add ;@Avgani to the end of your shortcut

*make sure CAA1 and OAC are running too.

That should get you going...

B

*and if it works, before you thank me... don't. Thank Kju instead - it's ALL his work...

** you might want to try the main CAA1 thread in "addons and mods - complete" for questions in the future... people who know how CAA1 works hang around there, and you'll get better answers faster than in this old thread...

Edited by Bushlurker

Probably the world is not binarized.

This makes it take ages to load. OFP World took several hours in a test. :P

Binarize it. ;)

Big thx, Q.

It's binarized now, and works fine... Well, not fine. After bit of thinking, lack of ground textures makes it not fine at all. ;) But i don't know how to solve this problem.

Again, any suggestions? I'll be very happy with Sakkakah working well in AII.

Apologies in advance if this has been answered before:

Does this make it possible to play the Arma 1 SP campaigns in Arma 2?

Or is it just the map?