Sign in to follow this  
p75

Loading old vanilla Arma maps in Arma 2 with CAA1 - Just Wow - Performance & Beauty

are these actually missions we can play or maps to use in the editor?

Maps to use in the editor. Will probably be made/ported some missions to them later.

Thanks Thales100, for taking the time to take and post those images. Looks terrific. Will keep my fingers crossed that 1.03 gets me up and running :)

@ Nicholas Bell : Wow, thats how it looks , good FPS too even on the Schmalfelden "Extra Heavy Vegetation" map - this stuff is so good that should have been included by BI in the Arma 2 official release or as a patch, all this CAA1 and OAC stuff and these amazing maps

Thanks Thales100, for taking the time to take and post those images. Looks terrific. Will keep my fingers crossed that 1.03 gets me up and running :)

Thank you m8 , lots of fun here running those maps :o

Yoma syncroniser isn't exactly a very beginner user friendly app either.

Edited by jblackrupert

Hey, two maps, Schmalfelden Extra Heavy Vegetation and Razani , i downloaded them from www.armaholic.com .

Does anyone know any SP missions for these maps ? I tried using the Arma2 mission wizard, but it put the objectives and LZ to map border. Otherwise it worked. :(

I just tried those islands and they are absolutely beautiful.

Thats exactly how I had it on my system and the closest I got

was 6 appearences of "Utes" in the editor map list.

There are 2 difference pages with intructions for installing this

each are slightly different and I did both.

This got lost in another thread so I'm posting it here again.

Well, Here is my set up for what its worth.

My ArmA2 installation is on my "D" drive so your drive letter may well be different.

I have two additional folders in my Arma2 directory, one is called "caa1" and the other is called "oac" the caa1 folder contains three folders, one called "addons", one called "docs", and one called "keys". These folders contain the files from the caa1 download site after they have been unzipped.

The "oac" folder contains a folder called "coa_core" this folder conatins two folders called "addons" and "keys" respectively.

The "addons" folder contains the two "oac" files from the caa1 download site and the "keys" folder contains the oac_core_2009_07_07.bikey file from the same place. Again these files were uzipped before they were placed into the folders. Please note that all these folder names are without the " in the name.

Finally the shortcut was created and the following path was inserted into the target line in properties.

Hope this helps someone.

"D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=caa1;oac\oac_core;

Does anyone know any SP missions for these maps ? I tried using the Arma2 mission wizard, but it put the objectives and LZ to map border. Otherwise it worked. :(

I just tried those islands and they are absolutely beautiful.

You may edit the position of objectives, LZ and EZ , adjusting it to the map you wanna play on. Pretty simple and easy.

You may edit the position of objectives, LZ and EZ , adjusting it to the map you wanna play on. Pretty simple and easy.

Thanks mate. How come i never had thought that. Now i just feel stupid. :)

can someone please explain to me (in simple noob terms) how to import arma maps into arma 2 ? please keep it as simple as possible !!!

I created a slideshow for my unit to explain how to apply all these things. Hopefully it'll help others.

Enabling ArmA I Maps in ArmA II

(Some of the mods I list to download are used on our maps, so you don't necessarily need them; Chinook and M114)

I created a slideshow for my unit to explain how to apply all these things. Hopefully it'll help others.

Enabling ArmA I Maps in ArmA II

(Some of the mods I list to download are used on our maps, so you don't necessarily need them; Chinook and M114)

Great addition! Nice work, mate!

Well done kylania. :)

Nice coloring, use of screens.

Possible to release the sources to let ppl make a CAA1 only guide and update links if nececesary?

I'd be happy to kju, just PM me and I'll send you over a link to the editable source. It's a Google Documents Presentation, so should be easy to adjust.

On the google guide.

There's a couple of small typos in it, but I could follow it.

For the bit about adjusting the PBO's, should that be done a step or two before hand?

Note that the PBO tool automagically puts in an explorer association.

Personally I can't stand it when programs do that without asking and I can't find a way to remove it.

So beware of that "feature" while following this guide.

If I find a way to remove that feature I'll post it here.

Edited by PositiveG

Note that the PBO tool automagically puts in an explorer association. ... If I find a way to remove that feature I'll post it here.

cpbo doesn't automatically register itself, you have to answer YES to the popup error I mention. That's also why you need to run it as administrator.

Personally I can't imagine not having that associated. The ability to double click on a pbo to extract it and rclick on a folder to pbo it is essential for me.

The way to "remove" it is to simply answer "no" when first running it. If you want to remove it, you can follow these instructions I posted a while back to another forum.

A Clean Install:

Step 1: Download the cpbo.exe file

Step 2: Create a folder under C:\Program Files\ called CPBO, move the cpbo.exe file into there. (It's final path should be c:\program files\cpbo\cpbo.exe at this point.)

Step 3: Run cpbo.exe and answer Yes you want it to tie into your XP Shell.

At this point you should be able to double click on any PBO anywhere and have it extract into it's current folder. You can also rclick on any folder and choose create PBO to make it into a PBO in it's current folder.

If You Already Installed And It Stopped Working:

If for some reason you moved the cpbo.exe file after running it the first time and need to adjust your install, check the following keys. You'll need to change whatever it lists as the path in the "command" key to match where the file currently is.

For example when I first installed it, I was silly and left it on my desktop, so my key for: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pbo\shell\extract\command currently reads: "C:\Documents and Settings\myusername\Desktop\tools30032007\cpbo\cpbo.exe" -e "%1"

If I ever move the tools20023007 folder off my desktop, my cpbo would stop working! So I'll need to edit that path to read: "c:\program files\cpbo\cpbo.exe" -e "%1" to make it work again.

Controls extracting:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pbo

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\cpbo.exe

Controls creating:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\create PBO

How my user has mapped .pbo's to open:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.pbo

Controls extracting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.pbo

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\cpbo.exe

Controls creating:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\create PBO

Basically move the cpbo.exe somewhere you won't move or delete it from. Than make sure all the paths above match that location. But as before, the best method is to just move it to it's home BEFORE using it.

Hopefully this wasn't too confusing! Just ask if you have questions. And remember, should you break anything, it's not my fault. heh

(Note that forum word length limits has automatically parsed extra spaces into some of the above registry paths, so please keep that in mind.)

OK, I did it all and it works great, there is only one tiny problem now - my Russian squad-mates (or Chernarus) all speak English with an American Accent. The soldier I play as continues to speak in Russian but they answer in English. This is the only bug I've found, otherwise I've been playing on Porto ever since :D

Edit: How do I submit an issue? I can't seem to figure it out.

Edited by LJF

Well i just followed Kylania's Slideshow to the letter, and it works perfectly. even better than the method I had previously used.

Thanks Kylania.

Edited by Killerwatt

Thanks for that Kylania.

You're correct it adds that "feature" by asking first, I must have thought answering no would mean it wouldn't work at all. I can see why some would want it, but I right click constantly, having this new strange option I hardly use is kinda throwing me off.

I appreciate the tip on removing it.

Thanks.

Edited by PositiveG

Anyone else experienced a longer grenade reloading time when using the M203 grenade launcher?

I also cant use any ammo type for the RPG7.

I started Arma 2 without the Islands Mod and it was all good again.

seems to be the same problem like with the A10 and the non functional Hellfire missiles.

@ [GLT]Sarge

Are you sure to use the latest OAC_core?

Please redownload it. If still present, send me your missions not working. Cheers!

Got some questions. Got everything working fine. Can I use the old Arma I missions and are they working correctly or has somebody to make new ones for ArmA 2.

And I would love if there would be (maybe it already exists) a Black-Hawk down mission where you have to rescue the pilots and soldiers from the helicopter wrecks in a city filled with shooting civillians.

Will this become a mod ? Then we would need some desert-styled vehicles and unit-skins, some are already made by the community like Abrams and Warthog desert skin.

I never played ArmA, who was the enemy there ? Africans ? Or russians, too ?

Just read your instructions Kylania, thank you very much for these. Why do I have to download Chinook and the other Humvee, too ?

And this is only for importing the maps, not for the missions, right ?

If someone got a working cool mission plz let us know and maybe upload it.

greetz Cionara

Edited by Cionara

I just downloaded all those OAC & CAA1 files and put my favourite Arma1 usermade campaign PMC First fight to arma2 campaign folder. Campaign worked right away with no errors.

I'm trying to do the same thing but no success. Tried to get caa1 and oac thorugh YAS and the newest files throug GIT, tried different island packs (CWR, ofpip, aceip), tried replacement packs - CWR, P85 and I'm unable to start PMC Fury...

On the google guide.

There's a couple of small typos in it, but I could follow it.

For the bit about adjusting the PBO's, should that be done a step or two before hand?

Note that the PBO tool automagically puts in an explorer association.

Personally I can't stand it when programs do that without asking and I can't find a way to remove it.

So beware of that "feature" while following this guide.

If I find a way to remove that feature I'll post it here.

You can remove file associations through Windows Explorer. Tools->Folder Options->FileTypes. Look for it there and delete it.

@ Cionara

> Can I use the old Arma I missions

Basically yes. Some parts need fixing (briefing) and some tweaking (Micro AI).

Try any A1 or OFP missions. Both may need some script tweaking if more complex.

All in all using non adapting missions mostly works, yet its a matter of what you expect.

@ su27

The OAC git repository contains also A1 files.

Tomorrow you will find more information in the project wiki.

That said the campaigns should be possible to start in A2. So if you have errors,

make a ticket in the OAC space.