Sign in to follow this  
mcruppert

Star Wars Stormtrooper

hey guys

i have good and bad news....

i dont have the time to make a good and fast progess at the moment, and after working on the atat leg animation im really pissed of now....i dont know what im doing wrong....

so i thought to release just some units in the next days...

the Rebel one

the strom,sand and scout one....

but there are not finished so there can be some graphic bugs

(the rebel one has big problems with the face and hands...looks weird cause of the shadow or what ever :confused:)

i just need to fix the blaster and maybe add some more

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

here a little screen....

scoutr.jpg

Cool, I look forward to it. I think an interim release is a good idea, somebody might come forward to assist with the issues you're having.

Mate this work is great, you normally find upon release one ot two people are able to offer assistance and correct small errors.

and I;m sure the community would appreciate a beta release rather than no release at all.

I'm personally hoping you find time again in the future as the Tie fighters I'm converting need someone to fly them :)

Southy

Good to hear some news and close alpha release :) Don't hesitate to get some help by modders out there. I'm sure there's someone who can help you with the issues "without" taking away your project or teaming up too closely as you didn't want it. Anyway, please check your ArmA2.rpt before release. It gives a good hint where problems might be.

Legislator you play Arma2?

cause if you do, i will send you the sw addons ..maybe you see some bigger bug which should fixed for the first release....

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

im reworking the E11 config at the moment and im asking myself how the blaster should work...

only single shot? or only full auto or single, burst, auto????

in the movies this blaster is only single shot...

so how you guys want to see it in the first release????

Did a quick google search an found this:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/E-11_blaster_rifle

Standard-issue for Imperial stormtroopers, the E-11 can alternate between semiautomatic, fully automatic and pulse-fire settings, and is designed to use a variety of ammunition, including grenades, darts, and flares.

Maybe do it like that?!

MfG Lee :)

Legislator you play Arma2?

cause if you do, i will send you the sw addons ..maybe you see some bigger bug which should fixed for the first release....

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

im reworking the E11 config at the moment and im asking myself how the blaster should work...

only single shot? or only full auto or single, burst, auto????

in the movies this blaster is only single shot...

so how you guys want to see it in the first release????

The original Star Wars movie used plain old 9mm sub-machine guns for the Stormtrooper weapons. True fact :)

(Image over 100kb)

Edited by DMarkwick

@McRuppert:

Of course I'm sticking to ArmA II, but to be honest I don't have time and the appropiate knowledge to test your addons. It's not like putting something in the editor and watch the error messages. Testing means using modding tools, understanding and finding addon errors and that's not my speciality :) But thanks for the offer. As I mentioned to you in ICQ, check the RPT file. It contains hints where errors and conflicts are. Especially when porting over old content from OFP or ArmA there has to be caution or it ends in game crashes, strange effects and various conflicts, maybe even performance issues.

@McRuppert:

I feel your pain on these walking animations i talked with loki and gigan about it though cuz I was doing mechs they informed me how to go about doing it but i was still stomped and decided to just leave it alone and try something more practical but i know the fustration it can cause

yeah i would feel better if i would fail on some scripts or on a good looking animation but i fail on a simple rotation animation!!! i dont get it....

You better do Single and Full. with the single you shoot like in the movie if you wan't to, and you can use if you don't wat to use single OR if place get's to hot for single shot :P

yeaha installing OFP Dragon Rising at the moment! woop woop! :yay:

Pleeeeaaaaase don't forget us. We would really like to play with the stormtroopers ;)

You will deinstall it faster than the install has taken time... ;)

You will deinstall it faster than the install has taken time... ;)

hmmm OFP2.... theres no OFP/ARMA/ARMA2 feeling...:( its more then a more realistic battlefield/call of duty... and poor that there is no mission editor like in arma....but hell yes, its fun :D

Rebel Forces has been seen in Utes and Chernaurus while we speak!

We need to send in the Stormtroopers!!

MfG Lee scouttrooper.gif

Rebel Forces has been seen in Utes and Chernaurus while we speak!

We need to send in the Stormtroopers!!

MfG Lee scouttrooper.gif

Yeah, let's hurry! No time to speak :)

hmmm OFP2.... theres no OFP/ARMA/ARMA2 feeling...:(

of course there isnt. what did you expect?^^

so thats a good reason to work further on the troopers:D

ok im not saying this aint good, they look brilliant but why do you want to make this?? its a partially serious game

ok im not saying this aint good, they look brilliant but why do you want to make this?? its a partially serious game

Perhaps because some diversity is always welcomed. Don't tell me you don't like Star Wars. :D

:confused: well, that's why this community do exist my bad. Because these games allow us to create everything we want to play with : Napoleonic, Civil war, sci fi, stargate, jurassic park, etc... I'm so fed up with the x times "US army retexturing" or the "oh my god, a new m60, i'm so so pleased".

Edited by ProfTournesol
typo