Sign in to follow this  
fromz

ArmA2:OHMOD Preview

Definitely you should decide about weaponry. I remember Ofp had a common ammo box mod. This should try the same...

However, I think I can fully understand with Vilas' opinion. and agree.

As I said..

Take it easy, The MOD maker is me, Not others. So don't worry, I will be your suggestions, reference to live as possible lets everybody feel satisfied. and I will also have my own opinion. ;)

Definitely you should decide about weaponry. I remember Ofp had a common ammo box mod. This should try the same...

:)

please look at this:

july 2007

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=52803

maybe some "coalition of addonmakers" could force something like this ?

i vote FOR, to make tables with values and publish it, but do you believe most of people will follow ?

i think we should try again for Arma1, but will people follow ? will agree ?

or "some people patriotism" won't not allow them to say "tank from my country is weaker , ammo from my country is weaker" ?

i don't want offtopic OH mod topic, but i remember from my own Polish addon people moaning "why you gave weak smg to that guy" while in real guy with RPG really holds something like UZI , but people were moaning

Maybe you're right Vilas but i don't think we are all children in here... I thought the age was about 25 or more, so.

.. so... so maybe we - addonmakers with many people who do tests should state such "values constitution"

i will try do such topic in few days, i will try to compare some values as dispersion, hit, armor and analyze this , than maybe we would do somekind of agreement between addonmakers to try to do addons as much cooperating as we can

no need to do JAM, just obey such things as:

- dispersion for kind of weapons (depending of quality of weapon, barrel lenght)

- recoil values

- AI range

- ammo hit depending of ammo type and year of development

- hit values of vehicles (counted for example in BIS rounds fired at them) or completely new system

i tried to do this in 2007, i will double it in 2009/10 and maybe than we all have easy life and ability to mix any addon from any person in one mission on our disc

and it is not manner of being 25 or older, many people probably won't accept "why i have to obey this guy, me knows best, me will do as me want, yeah" or "ABC mod do best and i follow values from ABCXYZ mod" and...

i remember situation from 2008 when one person made config for BMP cannon as strong as tank cannon

while in real BMP cannon 2A28 GROM is 73mm grenadelauncher firing grenades similar to RPG7 but with 650 m/s

that person made his config "according to tables from mod ...." (famous mod) and BMP cannon was almost equal T72 cannon (1650 m/s and power of vehicle was equal T72)

self-confidence is not equal knowledge, i know i screwed some things in my addons, while some people knows "they are the best and others are wrong"

but of course i will take such effort, i hope many addonmakers will try to follow

and noone will say "for sake of gameplay screw that" or "i know better" or "i love variety and i will do like i want"

when we will cooperate , we can achieve better result on mixing

maybe we are not all children, but among us there are moders with own "beliefs" and "egos" (not saying on this mod, but other persons who proved that for them 2 + 2 = 5)

there are also some people who for example use other values for sake of gameplay or counterparts philosophy

i hope some famous mods will agree on such agreement on values for sake of mixing addons

maybe it will even require changing all values and not looking at BIS values of max armor (for example Abrams armor etc.)

but i won't offtop this here, it is a matter for other topic

OH mod units looks great and thats what i wanted to say ///

What Vilas says makes sense, but I have full faith in Fromz and his team or whoever creates mod too that this mod will work at the end :)

I know how hard Vilas' try may have been. It's the same story with faction classes, addon tags, RPT checking, etc.

By the way, on which side will the addons be located at? East or Resistance? I'd like to create a campaign where Russia is in war with China so maybe you can create two different configs for the mod? Basicly it's just one value that would have to be changed.

If you could be allowed, Villas, I suggest you spend some time trying to test the beta. Anyway, that would make you get the first correct impression and knowledge to compare with others. Then could make some more sensible discussions and decide whom should be followed for better modding in future, of couse, if such consistency could be got.

Edited by ARM2CAT

By the way, on which side will the addons be located at? East or Resistance? I'd like to create a campaign where Russia is in war with China so maybe you can create two different configs for the mod? Basicly it's just one value that would have to be changed.

They are independant so u get to choose the side they are friendly too OR friendly to no one

Vilas I would use your data, which is not intended as a reproach of any other maker (and certainly not OHMOD) but consistency is all. Vilas please do start another topic so we can discuss this further without derailing this one.

... I have full faith in Fromz and his team or whoever creates mod too that this mod will work at the end :)

It's already worked very well.

They are independant so u get to choose the side they are friendly too OR friendly to no one
Epic 3 way battles here I come! :D

Can't wait for a public release.

men, I can't wait to test this mod. I wish I could make awesome mod

Edited by kheiro

The cat was a bit out of the bag 5 pages ago:

Who are interested at beta testing, PM me in BI forum or contact me at ACE Skype channel.

DANG!!! and at first i was excited that there will actually be a bullpup weapon, now i'm excited about blowing Marines' guts out "and i'm a blufor guy (cops count as blufor, right?) so that's saying something!

The cat was a bit out of the bag 5 pages ago:

That man doesn't miss much!

It is quite the awesome thing to think of all the PLA stuff along with the ACE2 stuff. An embarrassment of riches to say the least!

I just hope Fromz won't delay any release on account of ACE2, unless of course an ACE2 release is close? ;)

Sorry for who want beta testing from now,

I have noticed starting beta test one weeks ago, but armaholic and armedassaultinfo just know the information today. The testers are enough, So be patient my buddies, Waitting for the public release. Very soon~

Thank you very much~!

Seeing as everyone else has posted their testing on here I though I would post mine as well:

I have tried to exclude anything already included:

Air:

Z9A:

Bug:

• Soldiers are visible through the frame when the engine is turned on. Looks fine when the engine is off.

Tweak:

• Flight control seems very sensitive compared to other helo’s. This is just my opinion though.

Z9G:

Bug:

• Destroyed model has normal missile launchers

Tweak:

• Flight control seems very sensitive compared to other helo’s. This is just my opinion though.
  • Seems way overpowered, may want to decrease the damage of the MG

Armour:

ZTZ99G:

Bug:

• Loader’s hand sticks through the hatch when turned out.
  • Commander can turn 360deg when turned out. Causing all sorts of clipping problems.
  • Destroyed model has some random red bow on the main gun.

ZSL07/ ZSL07-G/ ZSL07-C

Bug:

• Commanders hatch does not open when in turn-out.
  • Gunners hatch is always open.
  • Smoke grenades don’t work.
  • No smoke from barrel or recoil when firing 30mm
  • No destroyed model

Car:

EQ2050:

Bug:

• Gunners seat is missing gun and player is in wrong position.
  • Destroyed model has normal mirrors

EQ2102 (all versions):

Feature:

• All look the same at the moment apart from the painting. Would be good if the fuel trucks had fuel tanks, repair trucks had “repair cargo†instead.

Bug:

• Destroyed model has a slight bug. Refer to pic.
  • All support vehicles have one slot in the rear that can be filled.
  • When killed, the drivers upper body goes through the seat. Refer to pic.

Weapons:

• Basically all weapons clip into the player when using freelook.

QCQ05:

Tweak:

• Looks way too short in the hands, perhaps bring the hands back a bit if possible?

M99:

Tweak:

• Just seems overly massive when in 3rd and first person. The gun also clips into the player when using free-look.

Animation bugs:

• Hands and arms are stretched when healing another player
  • The soldier’s head dislocates from the body when the “incapacitated†animation (when using the FA module) is played

Misc:

• Sometimes when hurt the screen stays red (both 1st and 3rd person). I have not been able to repeat this problem.

Overall excellent mod. Extremely high quality work and apart from a few hitches here and there is very stable and polished.

Edited by cm.

Really great looking stuff! Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for all your hard work.

Is the beta going to be released publicy. Or by PM invite only? Because on Armaholic it says PM him for it? :confused:

Is the beta going to be released publicy. Or by PM invite only? Because on Armaholic it says PM him for it? :confused:
Sorry for who want beta testing from now,

I have noticed starting beta test one weeks ago, but armaholic and armedassaultinfo just know the information today. The testers are enough, So be patient my buddies, Waitting for the public release. Very soon~

Thank you very much~!

I believe this means it's closed. I could be wrong though.

Regarding Defunkt's comment about people being happy to re-pbo addons with Vilas' proposed fixes...

I can't be bothered to re-pbo a darn thing.

There should be standardization and only mods that meet that standardization should be able to fly the "Standardized" logo.

If you can crank out beautiful work like these PLA forces and equipment, you should be able to keep your troops at or near B.I. defaults, allowing tweaking mods to change your values as the need arises.

Man this mod is going to rock my socks out of my military boots. (Steel Toe)

Some more thing made in china i will love to see on the battle filed. TANKS