Sign in to follow this  
FraG_AU

Patch 1.03 suggestions

I would to to point to one thing, Graphics glitches, artifacts, objects popping in front of your eyes (like grass) etc. In that aspect, the game just need a bit more of polishing

Apart from the obvious bug fixing...

Please remove warfare from the campaign. Leave the high-command in - it's good feature, but remove all that base building, unit spawning, money for killing, teleportation... It just doesn't make any damn sense in a game supposed to be realistic.

Instead give the player some limited resources, with already set up teams he can command. And the same for enemies: instead of endless spawning of useless UAZs, set stronger but predefined defences in enemy controlled regions. Town capture would mean wiping them out or making them retreat instead of of standing for a few seconds at strong points. Enemies of course should be able to move their units from one town to another, sending backup, etc - but this would mean leaving other cities less defended. And no fast travel please, units should travel in real time, covering real distance, so that you have the option to tactically block roads to stop enemy reinforcements.

Honestly warfare in the campaign was a total game killer for me. Leave it to single missions or MP.

Edited by Suchy_

for me the main issue is performance,and the other is that i like to play more with a controller(i have "born" with consoles first,so you elitist dont jump on me),but the controller support is a joke,come on guys you guys have made operation flashpoint for xbox1,just port the damn emulator thing,and make it work with the xbox360 controller,so i can pick at corners and use the stupid map,and so i can stop using xpadder to emulate the keyboard.

Fix the performance and stability. It's awful and have probably cost you most of the good reviews you would have had if it was more playable. Now you have to be a hardcore fan to be bothered to even try getting through a mission without problems.

Best game I have ever played, but the worst optimization I've ever encountered in a modern game.

Best game I have ever played, but the worst optimization I've ever encountered in a modern game.

I just hope it really is badly optimized. Otherwise i'm doomed to buy new rig and after the summer holiday with wife & kids i'm broke.

I suggest to enter into game Ðœ4/Ðœ203 with sight Aimpoint and ÐК-74-107-GP25 with a sight 1P29

Edited by Vasya[kitaec]

Please fix the shiny textures on what are matte surfaces..

Eg - Aircraft such as the Su, shines like its just had 3 layers of wax.

Damage textures on motorbike - tyres etc shine as the bike gets damaged, looks really bad.

Heap of matte surfaces shine and it often feels like I am playing toy models.

4+ For the German Version a option to run with full English instead of running with English to German Language mods, as Most servers don't have the proper keys.

+1

please

- adding a new Key to order to go in the direction we are looking when a IA is driving our vehicule

- like in arma 1, add fastforward animation by pressing forward 2 times when crouched

- implement FreeTrack in ArmA2

Edited by gonza

Have a running Train service. There is a train line around a lot of the map, would be cool to squad up and take a train ride along the coast. :j:

1) Option to turn off Mouse Acceleration!

2) Fix the worst of the campaign bugs.

3) Fix the poor graphics performance.

4) Fix the crash to desktop bugs.

That's all I really care about for now. Although I also agree that objects popping up constantly is really not nice. It wouldn't be so bad if it was all in the distance, but I get patches of grass appearing just 10 foot in front of me... It really takes away a lot of the immersion in to the game world.

Edited by voodoochile123

I would have to say that Performance is a big one to fix I get better FPS on Crysis and Farcry on Max graphics than I do on Med - High in this game Crysis and Farcry do look alot better than Arma.

I also think Warfare you should be able to have the ablilty to buy empty cars,tanks and choppers for cheaper price becuase most of the time I just tell the AI to get out cos they are retards.

When your commanding a chopper that is AI there should be a command to tell them to land so you don't have to tell them to dismount when you want a pickup from AI. AI should be much smarter AI on games from 2000 have better AI then these guys in warfare they buy pointless things we can get choppers and tanks and they buy and hummer with a MG on the top what a waste. I agree with what alot have people have said the AI should not as easily beable to see you through grass it feels like the AI have wall hacks on.

The Models look sooooo bad when your more than a few meters away and than as you get right next to it, it takes a long time to load the model kills the game alot I think.

I got one that I'm sure has already been brought up: make it playable.

Aside from that:

-Some buildings don't allow rockets to go through the (broken out) windows while bullets can.

-Some buildings will get sections blown off when hit by a frag.... before the frag detonates.

-In one of the longer wooden barn-like buildings if you shoot at the roof (from the inside) the bullets magically stop at rafter level and you have floating bullet holes.

-I can sometimes drag dead enemies but they don't actually drag... not huge issue but still

Great game but suggested improvements.

Missions such as Manhattan need better briefing.

Squad is a key element of game but very frustrating. Need to make the squad member path finding better, stay where you put them, go where you want them to go, not walk from cover into line of fire when relocating. They only stay out of trouble if you tell them to hold position.

Hit accuracy of AI enemy too severe and too smart even on low game difficulty settings.

Odd happening of supply trucks running around if you build a base and run over and kill squad. AI needs a tweak. Supply trucks when they arrive should become controllable units or stationary.

As you go through the game, a feature first encountered such as laser designating an artillery strike should have a pop up with description of key strokes etc.

The gear swapping menu needs to be more intuitive.

Add sound when rain is falling down on the ground. Its kinda weird without it.

sound effects for rain is there.

All comments relative to SP mode

Said above but repeating this, that prone AI infantry in open grassland continually hit you prone through grass but you can't see him to fire and apparently grass obstructs your shot. He is exposed in open grassland but he keeps shooting you when you peep around corner. AI hit intensity too severe and react too quickly.

Also enemy units relocate in response to your units relocating and flanking them even if they cannot see you moving. Enemy AI should not respond to non visible flanking movements. The enemy AI vehicles act like hunting dogs on the prowl. Not realistic.

I have a fast CPU. Does the game AI enemy response fire time take CPU speed into account. The enemy AI fire response when they see you ridiculously fast. It becomes too much a game of cat and mouse.

Too few enemy units. More units would be fun such as more less lethal APCs to take out with a bazooka.

Bad bug of a destroyed enemy vehicle repeatedly blowing up must be fixed. It acts like a hand grenade and kills nearby squad. Longer time of smoke and flame on destroyed vehicles good eye candy.

On occasions I had difficulty swithing to another squad member.

Should be clearer when AI units are friendly NAPA or other friendly player characters and their role.

Also when friendly units and vehicles come into your area their type and role should be made clear by some command such as a radio command contacting all friendlies in the area for identification which is then shown on the map icon of the unit.(red enemy, green your units, blue other friendly or similar)

Suggestion: Ping and bandwidth thresholds, when a players ping and bandwidth go above or below a certain server defined bandwidth. Auto-kick with reason displayed.

I got one that I'm sure has already been brought up: make it playable.

Suggestion - SLAP people like this HARD !

Only played demo so far. Must say it looks stunning.

Not buying untill Freetrack is supported.

Thousands of potential customers are MIA . . . lol

Could you please add sound parameters for INTERNAL weapons sounds for vehicals as we have internal engine sounds now it must be at least plausible? You've done a great job updating the engine already but this would be the icing on the cake for me :)

Also, maybe a sonic boom sound, since we now have air that can break the sound barrier :)

Thanks for a great game.

- Increase bandwith performance in multiplayer mode,

- Increase bandwith performance in multiplayer mode,

- Increase bandwith performance in multiplayer mode and...

- Increase bandwith performance in multiplayer mode.

The most important point for all multiplayer games in Arma2 - especiall with >60 players. They become un-playable because of extreme lagging.

Hi All...

I realy like the new feature, that you can destroy the wheels of vehicles... ;)

But one thing i would like to see in the new patch is the following...

When shooting on the wheels of cars they will explode. That they explode when shooting at them with 5,45 x 39 mm is not my problem, but when just shooting at wheels?Is it possible to change this pls?

Made a clip to show what i mean... f21ea-4.jpg

Regards Culti

AI needs sorting as not only do they spot you in foliage I had one shooting at me and my mate through a wall from 200m lol (I spotted the AI took a hit, then retreated around the wall into a compound to my mate and then the AI was shooting at both me and my mate when we were out of sight - my mate was never in sight to the AI)

That said, most important thing for me is the CTD's and system resets/hangs/bsod's.

Things that seem to cause this/have caused:

driving/flying in 3rd person view and panning the camera

-Turning too fast (with your player, not vehicle)

-spawning at a mobileHQ that has stupidly been parked in the combat zone, and you are attacked straight away when your graphics are still blocky/like lego (that's another thing that is annoying - graphics/textures that take longer to load each time you spawn)

- using the map, scrolling in and out and then closing the map

(I'll add more as I think of them or if they happen)

Guest Ti0n3r

Suggestions;

Force AT soldiers to use their AT weapons against tanks. When me and 4 AT guys attacked a Russian tank column only 1 of them used his RPG while the rest attacked with rifles instead. Suicide:butbut: (the tanks were in safe mode with crews turned out, so I'm guessing this is the reason my guys used their rifles instead)

If they attacking M1A2 with rifles maybe because the loader can not bail in and hence they try to kill him with rifle instead of engaging the MBT as such with AT.

would it be possible to add the ArmA models, especially littlebirds ?

I don't understand why they have been removed.