Sign in to follow this  
FraG_AU

Patch 1.03 suggestions

Could the new patch remove WARFARE in single player or at least give you an option to play as a normal recon soldier instead of.. you know.. the unbelievable clusterfuck that happens in the last mission?

I really want to play Arma 2 not Command and Conquer!

Hello, I don't know if it has been mentioned but,

1° Could at least "big" units be visible as far as the visibility is adjusted with different lods while player is zooming or not? Even 2D sprites for optimization's sake would be enough.

Kind of disturbing to see moving smoke on top of occulted tanks one km away when your are gunner in a chopper or watching the horizon with googles. "my objects detail is set to vhigh, video memory vhigh and visibility to 2400"

2° I really don't know if it can be added with a simple patch, but I think that it would be really nice to see flying units whatever the distance and how players set the visibility. I think it wouldn't kill performances, I'll definitely enjoy such feature.

3° It seems that you get suppressed by fire when you're covering behind walls or solid objects but not when you are in the middle of grass or makadam, it would be really cool to work on this maybe even add some "camera shaking" and louder supersonic cracks when it's really close from the ears. "see Pr, Dh, Ins"

4° Arma2 really needs an option to disable mouse smoothing, I constantly disable it in windows and all other games I play.

Compared to real life movements are enough limited by using mouse and keyboard, no need to make those even less responsive and inacurrate, I really can't aim effectivly in cqb environment with this on. let's give people a choice.

Anyway I love this game, some bugfixing, better netcode and what I've mentioned above and it will as good as Ofp was for me 8 years ago.

Edited by dunedain

I dont know if that was mentioned here before,

But I think a shockwave from blasts, especially big explosions from tanks or airplanes is needed here to simulate reality.

Does not matter if it's FPS hit, just let us enable or dissable them!

Night Vision should be fixed immediately, because it's useless

Seconded its totally useless at the moment unless you look at your feet which honestly is the first thing I wouldn’t do.

You can use the old command interface just like in Arma1. The only difference is that when the "intuitive" interface pops up, you have to know which number you want to hit first (like "1" for move) before it brings up the next menu. There's probably an option in the "intuitive" command interface to select "complex command" or something of the sort, which would bring you to the root menu of the old style.

So you're saying it's possible, by using the spacebar command to gain access to the arma1 command list (numbered 1 through 9) with all the commands for formation, action, target, engage, etc? If so I haven't found it. The only way to get this, afaik, is to select the team members, then hit either the button 1 through 9 on the keyboard - or conversely, hit backspace first and then select the team members you wish to issue orders to, then you have access to the old 1 through 9 menu. To add insult to injury, it seems that it is impossible to bind the backspace key to one that isn't two miles away from my left hand to something like the left control key - which would at least make this system more tolerable.

This is my problem, and others are having this issue as well, with the new command interface. For those of us who were happy to use the old mouse and wheel system to command, it only took a few seconds to issue complex commands. Now, it requires you to take your eyes off the screen, to search for the right key. It makes it farm more time consuming and in my opinion, is a step backwards. If someone could point me to a key bind or a solution to this I'd be quite interested. Otherwise, I would like it addressed in the next patch..

While I know this is OT for this thread, shouldn't there be a way to script this as an add action function?

Edited by Frantz Fanon
additiona comment

One thing that really bothers me is the Voice chat, No matter the server i play on, eventually it will get all chop-tastic, Inaudible.

Also Vsync off would ruuulleee

I would like something done to the AI, it's next to impossible to sneak up on enemy. The second your nose is visible it's gone :O

If you try ambush AI of all kinds it doesn't matter if you run around 10 buildings and 5 hills the second you peak out from your new location you get head sniped by something like a jeep located behind 4 trees, 7 bushes and 10 fences 500m+ away.... it's frustrating!

One thing that really bothers me is the Voice chat, No matter the server i play on, eventually it will get all chop-tastic, Inaudible.

An option/button for vsync would be even better.

By the way - doesn't vsync off result in "screen-tearing"?

I would like something done to the AI, it's next to impossible to sneak up on enemy. The second your nose is visible it's gone :O

If you try ambush AI of all kinds it doesn't matter if you run around 10 buildings and 5 hills the second you peak out from your new location you get head sniped by something like a jeep located behind 4 trees, 7 bushes and 10 fences 500m+ away.... it's frustrating!

Do you walk or run? I find that walking matters more to not getting spotted than stance. When walking, I can basically, well, walk right up to an enemy and not get noticed. When running, even if I'm prone or crouched, I get spotted and headshotted instantly at ridiculous distances.

I also think the Armory mode, if that's what you're playing in, may be cranked up to the most brutal there is by default. Because playing on Normal and Recruit in the Scenarios and Campaign, I can get by. Just waltzing around in the Armory I'm a bullet magnet 90% of the time.

Do you walk or run? I find that walking matters more to not getting spotted than stance. When walking, I can basically, well, walk right up to an enemy and not get noticed. When running, even if I'm prone or crouched, I get spotted and headshotted instantly at ridiculous distances.

I also think the Armory mode, if that's what you're playing in, may be cranked up to the most brutal there is by default. Because playing on Normal and Recruit in the Scenarios and Campaign, I can get by. Just waltzing around in the Armory I'm a bullet magnet 90% of the time.

Mainly i play mp coop and i make my own maps. When you start to fire at the enemy it seem impossible to hide from them again, specially armor. You can try flank them in cover of buildings and whatnot but still the damn guns are pointed right at you and shooting you the second you peak out from your new SNEAKED to position :mad:

It doesn't matter if i play on highest level or as recruit the enemy still got sick sniper skills with almost no spread/recoil. If i prone in the grass i have a hard time spotting the enemy depending on location and foliage, but the enemy sees and shoot you through bushes and high grass.

When i die and fly around as the stupid crow i constantly see AI shooting team m8's from impossibles positions... arghhh :mad:

Edited by JW Custom

I'd like the 1.14 A1 thing back, when you go iron-sights there should be no FOV jump, it should stay the same, FOV is controlled by the right mouse.

Also, headbob for iron-sights too, it's odd having it there while walking and then you put on your sights and it disappears.

bild in brifing maker without that notpad sqf/sqs thing, one idea more.

Vsync is controlled directly from yoru graphics card. Turn it off here. No need for ingame.

Check out your audio drivers - sounds like a problem there.

Because a head-tracking device is becoming slowly a "must-have" and not only for gamers, and because the FreeTrack topics here are somehow LOCKed, I would like to express the need of the FreeTrack support in Arma 2 here in this topic.

I am sorry if this has been discussed inside out, sorry for I don't have time to get thru all the "why" and "why not", or if someone just forgot about this, but for me this feature is as important as a joystick support. And I bet I am not the only one. I know the TrackIR is there...but neither the joystick support is limited only to Saitek joy's, isn't it? :)

So, please Bi, if it's possible, could you put support for this device in some of your patches asap? :) It makes a bloody difference playing with a head-tracking or without it.

Thx :)

Edited by Okdante
Eventually move this to "interface" topic...

When you scroll the mouse wheel get rid of the big hand in your view, and make it so the Prim. mouse button doesn't activate your scrolled option!!! There is no way to change it so the Prim. Mouse Button does not activate your scrolled option. Pretty lame when you are trying to scroll options and you have to shoot at someone all of a sudden, and you can't because you have to wait the 10-12 seconds for the stupid GUI hand to fade out. These things/controls were never in ArmA or OFP, and I'm truly disappointed with the lack of thought put into the GUI thus far. Seems more console oriented then PC, so guys, remember what got you this far, and who your real audience is POR FAVOR

Edited by He||razør

Realistic flares & countermeasures, maybe also a flare gun like in ACE.

ARMA1 warfare/XR warfare, officially ported to ARMA2.

Possibly Chinook although i'd leave added content for a later patch, after ALL the campaign bugs have been sorted out; also if a later patch is a beefy content patch another campaign would be nice :D because BIS has some serious mission making skills.

Chernarus & Utes as one island

Select which savegame/autosave you load if you decide to load a half-completed mission

Simulation mode which is bassically veteran but EVEN MORE hardcore :yay::yay:

Mr.gc said in another thread that he thought ARMA2 wasn't realistic enough. i think a 'simulation mode' would be the perfect thing.

Speaking of increasing difficulty for some, decreasing the difficulty of recruit mode would be nice, to target a broader range of gamers.

Also, working laptops and pieces of paper on tables/ floor which you can pick up and interact with, e.g. in manhattan, cpt. shaftoe tells you to go and 'digest the files'

if you select the 'no thanks, i'll read them myself' option

and it would be cool if you had to read it off a notebook/laptop rather than in a menu.

Turn off the ability in any PvP games to turn off grass as it gives players a massive advantage, or create a higher terrain grid

thats all i can think of for now..

Edited by SASrecon

-Better game browser, with favorites and less crashes\freezes.

-A way to see the server information ingame, like name,IP, etc... and of course a button to favorite it.

-Better Performace xD

-Somehow to "deploy" weapons like ACE\Red Orchestra, now ouw have little advantage hidding behind little walls or cars, wich may explode. This should be a must!

HIND

No one can go into the cargo without open the doors first. Would be nice. If there are doors to be open on vehicles i think they should be like this. Open door before you can enter.

So you're saying it's possible, by using the spacebar command to gain access to the arma1 command list (numbered 1 through 9) with all the commands for formation, action, target, engage, etc? If so I haven't found it.

Hit BACKSPACE to bring up the old menu directly. Though, it'd be nice if the new menu was a combination of the new items and the old numbered items. The old numbered menu works very well and fast. The new one is useless.

Ooh, movable searchlight on helis by 'observer'/co-pilot :)

Officially port ARMA to ARMA2 so if anyone doesn't feel like domination or evo, they can play something on ARMA1 without having to leave the game, this would also be a nice opportunity to officially port some ARMA1 content over like strykers and littlebirds; i really miss them :-(

Edited by SASrecon
typo

This has most probably been mentioned but just incase.

The tunguska's strength against mines and satchels, plus needed, better damage simulation.

First of all i did some testing with satchels, 1 satchel no matter where it's placed will only destroy the gun, as it seems there's no track damage on the tunguska.

It can at times, survive 2 satchel charges, these were placed at either end of the vehicle, and only destroying turret movement.

Now mines.

It requires 6 mines just to start damaging the hull of the tunguska, 1-5 mines will only destroy gun.

7 mines will completely destroy the tunguska.

Now i'm no expert but that seems a bit excessive.

Just something that i hope and needs fixing by next patch.

- Server browser (not much has changed in 8 years) Need to see more info about the servers. Which addons used, signed addons, how big and how many custom files you can use. Add to favorite etc.

- Squad XML thing (well it works but hey old as ofp) maybe a bit more modern system and easier to use for new players.

- Server Admin "tools" (you can kick with single click, why not use all other commands aswell with simple mouse click.)

edit. forgot -disable spacebar scanning. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1344661#post1344661

Edited by Seitan