Sign in to follow this  
FraG_AU

Patch 1.03 suggestions

radio towers able to be destroyed by other explosive weapons other than just satchels.

i'm sure in real life we could destroy them not only by using satchels or C4.

Maybe you are playing the Evo Map?!

On this Map, the Tower can only be destroyed by a satchel, because of a script. It's not a "feature" from the game itself!

Limit the amount of players that can join a multi-player server at one time.

Once a server reaches a certain number of players it becomes attractive to players look for a server and we get a deluge of players connecting and the server lags for several minutes, runs for 20 seconds, then lags for a minute again, repeat until server is full. The server should have a queue system to stop 6-7 people connecting at one time and downloading the mission, it ruins the game for the 20 people actually on the server. Either that or drastically reduce the bandwidth usage of a connecting player and implement an automatic redirection to a separate URL to auto download the mission file.

Its getting impossible to run a public server with a large number of players.

Make Weapons to be modifiable by player please!!! by.. example... player must be able to choose what type of optical or other accessories to put on their weapon ..

.. I like to have the M4-203Camo Acog to have silencer as well ... but if i put the sd on .. i forced to use only red dot...

please... make this happen

game is wonderful but this gonna make it better

EDITING:

Please make the unit icons on the ediring map mirror their actual physical size.

This would make planning a base landscape much easier.:yay:

Make Weapons to be modifiable by player please!!! by.. example... player must be able to choose what type of optical or other accessories to put on their weapon ..

.. I like to have the M4-203Camo Acog to have silencer as well ... but if i put the sd on .. i forced to use only red dot...

please... make this happen

game is wonderful but this gonna make it better

Jesus ... you wasted your first post on THAT ?

I want sharks with lasers on their heads !

BIS should first let us know that they are really working on the patch instead of keeping quiet. they don't have to tell us when the patch is ready but at least assure us that they are really working on the patch.

ryan80 what about this info that even appear on the main ArmA newsites:

Improved airplane HUD visibility.

Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available.

Optimization: Reduced frame stutter near map borders.

Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map.

Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.

Grenade can destroy a building just by impact

Radio echo elimination

Team switch did not work when player died

More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)

Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear.

Prevent killed units reporting who killed them.

The above will be fixed/improved as applicable and are of course subject to change in terms of inclusion in 1.03, nor does this list mean that other fixes won't be included with 1.03

Imho before BIS should add 10 or more new features they should fix the current issues.

Suggestion for 1.03, finish and release the damn thing!!:mad:

Return my 50 bucks until you produce a version of the game that's really ready for release.

Alan.rio;1376665']Limit the amount of players that can join a multi-player server at one time.

Once a server reaches a certain number of players it becomes attractive to players look for a server and we get a deluge of players connecting and the server lags for several minutes' date=' runs for 20 seconds, then lags for a minute again, repeat until server is full. The server should have a queue system to stop 6-7 people connecting at one time and downloading the mission, it ruins the game for the 20 people actually on the server. Either that or drastically reduce the bandwidth usage of a connecting player and implement an automatic redirection to a separate URL to auto download the mission file.

Its getting impossible to run a public server with a large number of players.[/quote']

I thought there were settings to limit the amount of bandwidth per connection already ? No being a server admin then I am not sure if that was truley implemented or not ?

Jesus ... you wasted your first post on THAT ?

I want sharks with lasers on their heads !

Agreed, make this a priority, the game isn't a real game without sharks with lasers on their heads.

Plz make the voices the same as in OFP.

Voices of arma and arma 2 are so stupid with those different pitches in one line.

Its like an answering machine.

It was oke in OFP, why did they screw that up. I really cant understand it.

Voices of arma and arma 2 are so stupid with those different pitches in one line.

+1 for that. Especially the russian ones sound very choppy.

But I really get the impression BIS was playing around too much with the landscape and didnt concentrate on the other points that count. You maybe know this thread. It seems they did their modeling and other stuff sloppy and superficial. There are so many things which are tiny but obvious. The devil's in the detail ...

I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by LeadCommando65

+100000000 for that!!!I was really mad when i found that out with arma1.Luckily i found some mods to correct that at least partially.I hope someone converts @RA mod(russian voices) for arma2.

AI skill is sometimes worse than OFP AI and it MUST (!!!) be repaired. See these short movies:

No comment...

BIS should first let us know that they are really working on the patch

We have, repeatedly.

Repair the most annoying and unrealistic bug of all time...

TREE LEAFS STOPS BULLETS!!!

It annoys me in the campaign when the commander comes on the radio (Blue text) and you can't control your troops while this is happening. A few times I've been in a fight in the campaign and couldn't select or order the AI because I was getting some information from Cpt Shaftoe over the radio. Please make it so it doesn't disrupt your control over AI troops.

Team comms... ie if a group splits into blue, white, red etc... we need a team voice channel

How about the option to create groups in the field, you know, you are part of a group and only half are team players so the other half including some other stragglers can join a group, similar to that you could in a vehicle.

1) to Add to the commander of tanks, BTR and BMP function executed by the button, the name "to turn the main weapons in a point of supervision of the commander". (Is available in real, At least in the Russian technics) And very to be useful in a multiplayer.

2) to Return survey from the commander turrets, convenient for the person, that is not to force down the review from case and turret turns.

Most simple that it is possible to make this directly in the future 1.03

3) From wishes to make, the earth such that to the infantryman would be easy to hide behind what or or in what or (depression in the ground/flute), as on any district, especially in city line.

4) to Adjust AI of bots according to possibilities of the person, (the Fog, bushes and other reasons disturbing veiw and according to exact shooting

Edited by Anton[VcD]

oh god no, I don't want to take all map to get to use my stinger for the aircraft to just spam its flares ala BF2 and then bugger off into the sunset