Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Dominaton A2 1.03 bugfix release

Shortly after the 1.02 release a bugfix release was necessary.

The AI hut didn't get spawned in the AI version.

A PEBKAC.

Download:

Domination A2! Mission Pack 1.03

Sorry for the hassle.

Enjoy!

@Los18z

dePbo co50 AirCav A2, there you'll find a similiar artillery system (except you need actually the arty canons).

The artillery scripts where made by me.

Xeno

Xeno

hi xeno ! :)

i 'm playing your domi AI east , and i notice something unexpected .

after losing all my AI teammate, i heard some SVD shot. and after tracked the sound, i saw an east sniper. but i 'm playing alone, and i 'm alone in my team.

that means that some friendly AI are in the town area , helping us .

is it purpose ?

i find that quite cool anyway, i would just you confirm that .

There's a score bug Xeno. I was 18000+ points for 80 deaths when I left a server 2 mins ago. Everytime I reconnect my score doubles.

There's a score bug Xeno. I was 18000+ points for 80 deaths when I left a server 2 mins ago. Everytime I reconnect my score doubles.

Correct.

The 1.03 server (maybe allready an earlier version) now saves player score and deaths (though nothing mentioned in the changelog or I didn't read it).

So my code to save player scores now adds them to the scores that the A2 server saves when a player disconnects.

I've fixed it allready, so one more release (but I wait for the next patch/hotfix).

Made me wonder, I've played a normal mission today and had an A2 crash (:(), reconnected after some time and I still had the same score and death count.

@GLeek

Just take a closer look what kind of units that are. I've added all factions to 1.03 :)

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Just a quick thanks Xeno for this mission and specifically, for the option to have the pre 3.5 ammo crate back that I asked for. Much appreciated.

is it possible to change a intro sound/music on a map ?? if yes how ?

please help

i mean on your map xeno can you help ?

anybody ????

Armaedit is the best editor for game files.

If you want to add vehicles for the start of the game, then yes, you can just drop them into the missions editor, but remember to copy the resulting mission.sqm file back into the mission dir and re pbo it. Vehicles created like this won't respawn in the same way the helos and MHQ's do though.

Ok I got the mission altered and added the aircraft I wanted. Now how would I make them respawn identically to the MHQ and helos?

Ok I got the mission altered and added the aircraft I wanted. Now how would I make them respawn identically to the MHQ and helos?

well on my map when i add a plane or a chopper i continuo to name ch5,ch6,ch7 and so on ,then with armaedit i open the init file and i add them to the ones allready there on the same form

:):):)

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Dominaton A2 1.03 bugfix release

Shortly after the 1.02 release a bugfix release was necessary.

The AI hut didn't get spawned in the AI version.

A PEBKAC.

Download:

Domination A2! Mission Pack 1.03

Sorry for the hassle.

Enjoy!

@Los18z

dePbo co50 AirCav A2, there you'll find a similiar artillery system (except you need actually the arty canons).

The artillery scripts where made by me.

Xeno

Xeno

nice work Xeno , the uav works fine when im hosting ,but when i put the map on the dedi a works fine but you can't controll the uav

anyidea ?? what im doing wrong ?

In i_client2.sqf

look for line d_helilift1_types =

add in relevant section what you want to lift.

But this will be liftable by all lift choppers not just ch3.

Wish I could answer your other query, being looking at that myself for a long time now and can't see the answer.

I'd like to give all the huey's the ability to lift the M1A1. What code must I insert in the helilift1_types section and where exactly do I insert it? In the own side west portion?

ok i think i understand what you are doing , if you open the " i_common " file and serch for " d_choppers_west = " there , is where you can select whos lifting and what add there the choppers that you put on your map and if you look you will see that for each chopper there is a different function like this ["HR1",0,"chopper1"] where 0 means = lift chopper, 1 = wreck lift chopper, 2 = normal chopper so in the one you add choose what you whant them to lift or not

Edited by massi64
looking for signature

co30 DomiA2! West - Revive

Played latest version last night.

After completing 3-4 towns, th base was assaulted by freindly AI. :eek: Caused complete mayhem as we figured out what all the tk`s were. They were green on the map, completly owned the lot of us, and we lost points for shooting them.

Restarted mission same thing, restarted server and all was fine.

After completing 3-4 towns, th base was assaulted by freindly AI.

You had a cheater on your server!

Xeno

Ok I've altered the Domination mission to what I want.

I then save it in the ArmA2 editor as a MP mission and it makes the PBO file in the MP Missions folder in the main ArMA 2 root directory. My mission directory was identical to the original Domination one except my mission.sqm file. I'm assuming that the ArmA 2 editor compressed and pbo'ed all the files correctly, is this a good assumption?

The problem is though that whenever I start a server my mission is not in the selectable list! This is very frustrating.

What seems to be the problem here? The final PBO file created from all my mission files is relative in size to the original Domination PBOs so I'm assuming it was made correctly.

Am I way off here?

You had a cheater on your server!

Xeno

Please explain.

As stated, after restarting the mission, all the freindly AI in the base attacked us as soon as we spawned. ~only restart of the server fixed it.

*Edit*

Aha, understood cheaters. Ty.

Edited by Tinker

Please explain.

As stated, after restarting the mission, all the freindly AI in the base attacked us as soon as we spawned. ~only restart of the server fixed it.

Seems I remember this from other missions in ArmA1 when using #restart or #reassign, from that moment on.. I always used #missions.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

@Xeno is there a way of getting civilians to activate at a town the same way the soldiers/armour does. So we don't kill performance i know you can do it in the editor but would rather just have them activate as each town goes active.

Civilians would be awesome in this game mode, please deduct at least 2 points for shooting 1 too.

:D

Seems I remember this from other missions in ArmA1 when using #restart or #reassign, from that moment on.. I always used #missions.

I use #shutdown and then our firedaemon restarts the game.

Civilians would be awesome in this game mode, please deduct at least 2 points for shooting 1 too.

:D

Thats what were planning to do:yay:

If theres gonna be a final, final version release I've got one small suggestion for another feature that might not be too hard to implement...???

Selectable Number of Respawns Available... (either internally via one of the scripts, or at mission start as a selectable option)

I play Dom a lot (in arma 1 and 2) on a small dedicated server, sometimes theres only 4, 3 or even 2 players - it would be great to be able to set ourselves restrictions like - "20 respawns max tonight"... (then maybe you could either spectate? or rejoin with a fresh start)... I think it would really add to the tension when you know that every life wasted is a respawn less...

B

P.S. - I fully agree on the civilians around, and almost TK-level penalties for killing them - another great addition to the tension factor! (especially when calling in arti)...

Edited by Bushlurker

@Xeno mate were trying to create a realism Domi and were wondering how to totaly remove the mhqs from the script. With out screwing up the mission were wanting to make sure it works perfectly.

@Rogue_Trooper

Can't remember all of the changes I made to provide this (as been playing/modifying/adding multiple features) on the [RIP] version of domination, but feel free to grab the current version from our server and have a look at all the changes.

Search in the files for //Modified [RIP] and you will see all the changes.

Edited by BearBison