Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

What i did was that i saved it as PNG file and then used "TexView" to save it but same there, the mission complains about wrong format in the picture. should i save it as DXT or RGB or...?

I've used Gimp to make the file and saved it as tga (don't forget Alpha channel). Then loaded the tga in TexView2 and saved it as .paa

Xeno

I just tried to edit this a bit. Added a couple vehicles with a respawn script and re-packed it. Problem is, when we load it in multiplayer on our dedi it loads and everything, but all the external scripts are no longer initializing for some reason.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Xeno is there a way of switching of the flares in enemy towns as some of us are find it well tbh blinding with A2's goofed up hdr so the flares make it a tad annoying.

I've had this bug a few times now.

From time to time, if the leader dies and respawns, the leaders icon is red and in some cases marked as "Moving". While the leader can add soldiers, they no longer respond. Sending the "Regroup" command causes the AI to "follow group". In general, the mission is over because there is no way to recover and no way to play with an AI team.

A link to a post that discusses a similar problem, but these are more relevant to ACE. It is reported in the bug thread that users have this same problem in Domination.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/1515

The solution as reported is to add a second SelectLeader in the respawn script. Where can I find the code that sets the player as the leader of the squad upon respawn at the base? I'd like to see if adding a second command to set the player as leader solves the problem. I've looked through everything and it seems that x_playerspawn.sqf would be the place?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Xeno, I had a quick questions. As new vehicles and weapons come out, my squad (we run domination only on a private server) would like to add them as rewards when you finish clearing a town and not just add them at the start. So like instead of an A-10 or AV8B, if we had an F-16 mod in, a F-16 would be a choice as well. I know there is a vehicle array but how would we add these new vehicles in to the reward list?

Edited by ripper998

I just tried to edit this a bit. Added a couple vehicles with a respawn script and re-packed it. Problem is, when we load it in multiplayer on our dedi it loads and everything, but all the external scripts are no longer initializing for some reason.

Check your RPT files (server/client), maybe there's an error somewhere. A2 doesn't write script errors to the screen anymore.

Xeno is there a way of switching of the flares in enemy towns as some of us are find it well tbh blinding with A2's goofed up hdr so the flares make it a tad annoying.

Edit x_scripts\x_createguardpatrolgroups.sqf and remove or comment the following line:

[_trg_center, _radius] execVM "x_scripts\x_illum.sqf";

From time to time, if the leader dies and respawns, the leaders icon is red and in some cases marked as "Moving"...

ArmA 1 or ArmA 2 ????

Think I found it, its the i_common file correct?

Yes :)

Xeno

Hey Xeno, what is the proper way of adding a new aircraft to Domination? I'd like something with more horsepower available right at the start since the AI is too tough and I play solo with other AI on the AI maps. I tried just added a C130 via the editor but it complained about a common file or something like that.

Also, I wanted to decrease the number of AI at the main targets and saw you mention to another poster that one should edit the i_server.sqf file. I did that and created the PBO but the map crashes with the following error:

Include file mpmissions\_cur_mp.Chernarus\i_common.sqf not found.

Not sure what _cur_mp is. I made sure I extacted all files from the pbo and right clicked on the extracted folder with all the extracted files in it when re-creating the pbo.

Also, what does this section in the i_server.sqf file do?

// max men for main target clear

d_man_count_for_target_clear = 6;

// max tanks for main target clear

d_tank_count_for_target_clear = 0;

// max cars for main target clear

d_car_count_for_target_clear = 0;

Edited by nuggetz

Yeah we can add them but when they wreck we dotn get a wreck marker liek the won kit so is there any way to do that?

Hey Xeno, what is the proper way of adding a new aircraft to Domination?

Just add them in the editor and add one of the following lines in the init file of the new placed aircrafts:

_handle = [this, 120] execVM "x_scripts\x_vehirespawn.sqf"

or

_handle = [this, 120] execVM "x_scripts\x_vehirespawn2.sqf"

The first one if the aircraft should get respawned if it is either destroyed or got moved and is empty, the second one only if it got destroyed.

Also, I wanted to decrease the number of AI at the main targets and saw you mention to another poster that one should edit the i_server.sqf file. I did that and created the PBO but the map crashes with the following error:

Include file mpmissions\_cur_mp.Chernarus\i_common.sqf not found.

Something went wrong when packing the mission again. Hard to tell what the problem is without knowing what you exactly did.

Looks like i_common.sqf is missing in the pbo.

Also, what does this section in the i_server.sqf file do?

// max men for main target clear

d_man_count_for_target_clear = 6;

// max tanks for main target clear

d_tank_count_for_target_clear = 0;

// max cars for main target clear

d_car_count_for_target_clear = 0;

That means, a main target gets announced as clear if there are less than 6 enemy soldiers and that enemy cars and tanks have to be either destroyed or to be empty inside a main target trigger area.

Yeah we can add them but when they wreck we dotn get a wreck marker liek the won kit so is there any way to do that?

Add the vehicle types to the x_heli_wreck_lift_types array. It's simple as that :)

In ArmA 2.

Hm, trying to fix it for the final release. Never encountered it, though. I'm honest, never played the AI version with A.C.E. or in A2. I don't like AI on my own side :)

Xeno

Once again thank you Mate. Ok as an update had a look for x_heli_wreck_lift_types but cant seem to find it... probably looking in wrong place looking in x_scripts can see 5 x_heli but not that particular one.

Edited by Rogue_Trooper

I have two more question.. but first.

Congrats to the win.. I knew my vote would make a difference.. (J/K) :)

Anyway.. i woul like to add a text to the name of the mission.

In multiplayer view where you see all servers you can see the name of the mission but i would like to add the word "Training" for our clans traingn sessions to the end of the name.

i have found the orginal name in alot of files so instead of messing things up.. wich file would i have to add this word?

respawn or wreck.

I have added two airplanes to the mission in the editor.

and just like you said in earlier posts.

To one of the plane´s that i want to respawn just like the choppers i have added the line

and to the plane i want to be recovered with wreckchopper

I just went in and tried the stuff.. and blew the planes up. and after about 30sec-1min the game just crashed.?

is there some more place i would have to add these or other lines of code.

thank you.

/Rickard

Edited by n.sipher

Awesome job Xeno, well deserved for all your hard work......now why would you leave your work uncompleted with only one more release. This is your ticket my friend!!!!

Just add them in the editor and add one of the following lines in the init file of the new placed aircrafts:

or

The first one if the aircraft should get respawned if it is either destroyed or got moved and is empty, the second one only if it got destroyed.

Xeno

I'm new to editing so pardon the dumb question but will there be a new init file or something created in the domination folder after I add a new aircraft and save the map? I dont understand what you mean by "add one of the following lines in the init file of the new placed aircrafts:"

Also, I extracted the dom PBO and it placed all the files in a nice directory so I copied that to C:\Users\XXX\Documents\ArmA 2\UserSaved\missions\ folder but anytime I add a plane to the map and try to preview it, arma2 crashes and says that the common.sqf file is not there but it's in that folder. Maybe I'm editing the map incorrectly in the editor?

I'm new to editing so pardon the dumb question but will there be a new init file or something created in the domination folder after I add a new aircraft and save the map? I dont understand what you mean by "add one of the following lines in the init file of the new placed aircrafts:"

Also, I extracted the dom PBO and it placed all the files in a nice directory so I copied that to C:\Users\XXX\Documents\ArmA 2\UserSaved\missions\ folder but anytime I add a plane to the map and try to preview it, arma2 crashes and says that the common.sqf file is not there but it's in that folder. Maybe I'm editing the map incorrectly in the editor?

Well its not working for me neither but i dont have any error message instead i dont see obj and at start alot of ai starts with me , am big noob tho perhaps i ruined something? :)

Perhaps a step by step help would be great , thanks for your patient.

respawn or wreck.

I have added two airplanes to the mission in the editor.

and just like you said in earlier posts.

To one of the plane´s that i want to respawn just like the choppers i have added the line

and to the plane i want to be recovered with wreckchopper

I just went in and tried the stuff.. and blew the planes up. and after about 30sec-1min the game just crashed.?

is there some more place i would have to add these or other lines of code.

thank you.

/Rickard

The second script is not for the vehicle to be recoverable with a chopper, it's (just like the first one) to make the vehicle respawn. The difference between the two is that the first one will respawn the vehicle if it's destroyed or left empty for awhile, the second one will respawn it only if it's destroyed.

I am not sure why the game crashed, check the following:

1. Make sure you are adding one of those scripts to the unit's Init line in the editor.

2. Make sure you are adding the vehincle as an Empty unit (not as a USMC unit).

3. Do not blow up the vehicle in its respawn spot. While usually it's not a problem, if I remember correctly, in some rare cases this will screw up the respawn spot and the vehicle will stop respawning.

4. Make sure you copied everything (all files in all subfolders) from the "unpacked" location into the Arma2\missions. Maybe you are missing some scripts.

5. For what it's worth, I am not sure if it changes anything, but in my mission I don't have the "_" in front of the "handle", so in my case the Init line looks like this:

handle = [this, 120] execVM "x_scripts\x_vehirespawn2.sqf"

BTW, make sure you copy the above line to avoid typos.

The second script is not for the vehicle to be recoverable with a chopper, it's (just like the first one) to make the vehicle respawn. The difference between the two is that the first one will respawn the vehicle if it's destroyed or left empty for awhile, the second one will respawn it only if it's destroyed.

1. Make sure you are adding one of those scripts to the unit's Init line in the editor.

3. Do not blow up the vehicle in its respawn spot. While usually it's not a problem, if I remember correctly, in some rare cases this will screw up the respawn spot and the vehicle will stop respawning.

4. Make sure you copied everything (all files in all subfolders) from the "unpacked" location into the Arma2\missions. Maybe you are missing some scripts.

5. For what it's worth, I am not sure if it changes anything, but in my mission I don't have the "_" in front of the "handle", so in my case the Init line looks like this:

Thank u very much its working great now, but for some reason the Bombing F-16 with MK bombs aint locking on targets.

THank you.

yea it worked without the "_" in the beginning of the handle.

THnx.

Although i wonder how i would do to make the plane turn out to be a "WRECK" and only collectable with the Wreck-Chopper after it is shot down.

anyone thank you.

/Rick