Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

played a server with this on yesterday, must admit its a nice change from CTI :D nice one.. hopefully should be hosting on our [NGS] server soon but its for members only :P

side mission 1#: Find bigfoot

Edited by BEEJ24
bigfoot stole my ewok

alright lads

can any 1 tell me how i load xenos map in editer please:)

New test version 10 available

Besides many fixed bugs, many internal changes and more side missions the pack now also includes a West Revive and East Revive version.

co50 The Longest Day is also updated (version 1.03), the ID of a static object changed with A2 patch 1.02

I've changed the ingame name to DomiA2 so that it is easier to select a specific version in the server lobby.

It's still work in progress and it still may contain bugs (and not everything might be fixed or changed yet).

The following versions are in the mission pack:

West

West AI

West Ranked

West Revive

East

East AI

East Ranked

East Revive

and some bonus missions:

co50 Air Cav A2 1.04

co50 The Longest Day 1.03

HT64 Hunters 1.02

Download:

DominationA2 Mission Pack 2

Just before you ask, I'm not using norrins A2 revive but a custom 1.4x version that I've rewritten for A2.

Enjoy!!!

And have fun!!!

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Anyway you could include the transport module in future releases?

I really like the idea of dropping in, fighting and calling for extraction to the next hotspot. The modules are the best thing BIS could've added to the game.

Oh, great mission Xeno! Wasted many hours on domination with friends. Glad to see you ported over to Arma2 so quick.

Edited by rowdied
expression of love for Dom :)

Hey, thought i'd just post and say firstly, that im a fan of your maps mate and good work. I was wondering though, if the updated version of The Longest Day fixed the "Factory" objective, because when i've played it, even after Satchel Charging the building the mission does not update.

Many thanks for the maps,

- [#1 Section] DetonatorUK

I was wondering though, if the updated version of The Longest Day fixed the "Factory" objective, because when i've played it, even after Satchel Charging the building the mission does not update.

co50 The Longest Day is also updated (version 1.03), the ID of a static object changed with A2 patch 1.02

That's a yes.

Xeno

Xeno - totally awesome work as usual. :yay:

However, I have one question. We play Domination West on a dedicated server and when we win the MLRS as a side-mission bonus we are unable to actually use it as an artillery piece. 2 problems occur:

1) When the MLRS first spawns we are unable to access the artillery targetting menu. It is only a direct-fire weapon. But, if the player quits and rejoins he is able to access the targetting menu. However, problem 2 then occurs:

2) The MLRS explodes when a rocket is fired when the art-targetting menu pops-up. This seems to suggest that the correct ammo has not been loaded into the MLRS.

Does anyone know of a fix to this problem?

Cheers :)

I have a question for this. I am trying to add some extra vehicles and make them respawn because our pubbers keep wrecking them. How do I modify it to use your respawn? :D

That's a yes.

Xeno

We're running The Longest Day 1.03 on our server and the factory bug still exists :(

We're running The Longest Day 1.03 on our server and the factory bug still exists :(

Works fine here with 1.03. dePBO the mission and look into init.sqf.

There should be a line like this:

factory = (position helperfactory) nearestObject 297702;

If that one is in then it is 1.03 and the trigger gets activated niceley.

Xeno

hi xeno..

im trying to make a mission and wanting to see how you do your heli service so a helicopter can refuel and reload.. looking at your heli service pad i see the pad, and the trigger with these scripts:

isNull d_chopper_service_fac && ("Helicopter" countType thislist > 0) && ((getpos (thislist select 0)) select 2 < 1)

and

_xhandle= [(thislist select 0)] execVM "x_scripts\x_reload.sqf";

ive added the folder x_scripts, and have the file x_reload.sqf inside it but i cant get the pad to work... i am guessing i need another file possibly some event handler file? can you tell me what im doing wrong or missing? I think this is a very popular script that alot of mission makers would like to use with your credits of course. :bounce3:

Mikobiko : look here for your script, it works perfect

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6080

Edited by wingtip

@wingtip

Take the x_reload.sqf script from co50 The longest day, that is a standalone version.

Xeno

thank you i will give that a try....

Update:

tried and its still not working... copied the x_reload.sqf from longest day, pasted into the x_scripts folder overwriting the older file. still not working... using the init/settings i mentioned

am i doing something else wrong?

Edited by wingtip

Will any version support the BIS Arma 2 medic roles ( carry and drag wounded)?:confused:

Actually i'm using both the west and east AI version of this for my public and private server, i have modified them a bit for suiting better my guys need but well, i look forward to more improvements and other things to these missions since are my favourite.

I have reported a small bug on the "destroy the prison" mission, we did it 2 times and we had to restart the mission because even after destroying it nothing happened, actually i like to make all the side-missions with a small team instead of taking the big cities with an army :P

Meanwhile i would really like to have the chance to see some advanced medical things, like you can "revive" people with heart re-starting meds for 1/2 minutes after they die, and the ability to carry them around.

The second most liked things for me and my guys would be a fast rope thing for getting out of choppers fast without landing, marines in real life do that all time (Blackhawk down :P ) other then this, i belive that this mission is outstanding.

EDIT:

Last thing, where should i look for modifying the equipment of the AI soldiers? i would like to add some more "specific" wear, like a Javelin equipped soldier or different weapon layouts etc, any clue?

Edited by Alexei Vostrikov

I expect ACE will support all of what you want, but in the past, Xeno (and I don't speak for him) has been understandably reticent about giving it full support in the past.

but when i try to open them in the editor i get an error of the spectating.hpp

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8026/dominationerror.jpg

When you've dePboed the mission, rename the mission folder.

It might happen that if you save the mission in the A2 editor (same as in A1) the mission.sqm gets saved to a new folder with a shorter name.

I have the code for all versions in one folder simply called co30_Domination.Chernarus and build the different versions with a build script.

Xeno

Hi Xeno,

We are loving your Longest Day & Air Cav missions, but is there any chance of adding the revive/drag/carry bits into them?

This is the only thing that could make them any better. :D

We are loving your Longest Day & Air Cav missions, but is there any chance of adding the revive/drag/carry bits into them?

If you mean the modules... then no. As long as they don't work correctly in MP no chance (leaving players after respawn with the red blurry screen, performance issues, players still captive after respawn).

Xeno

Update:

tried and its still not working... copied the x_reload.sqf from longest day, pasted into the x_scripts folder overwriting the older file. still not working... using your init/settings

am i doing something else wrong?

still hopeing for a reply to my problem xeno when you have a chance..;)