Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Great mod. Having fun with it so far.

Question: How do I place a MG nest while playing a machine gunner? And does this feature work in the AI West version? Can I command AI team members to place them?

I've been playing this in LAN single player and its a blast. I've had to make a few mods though. For example, in Lan mode, after quitting the game and then restarting, the lift choppers wouldnt respawn. I found a variable that wasnt intialized. Now the choppers respawn when if destroyed after reload.

I found a few other things, cant remember, but its a blast to play in single player mode for practice when I dont have time to go online. I know it wasnt meant for lan play.

Great mod. Having fun with it so far.

I've been playing this in LAN single player and its a blast. I've had to make a few mods though. For example, in Lan mode, after quitting the game and then restarting, the lift choppers wouldnt respawn. I found a variable that wasnt intialized. Now the choppers respawn when if destroyed after reload.

I found a few other things, cant remember, but its a blast to play in single player mode for practice when I dont have time to go online. I know it wasnt meant for lan play.

Can you tell me how to get the choppers to function as lift choppers once again after saving the game and reloading? Also, since I play this in singleplayer mode (in MP with AI), I've reduced the amount of AI units at the main target and set the attack base variable to false so the enemy wont attack the base. Problem I'm having is the barracks keep disappearing. At first I think the AI sneaked in and destroyed it but now I'm starting to think it disappears for no reason as I disable AI base attacks. I had an awesome game going. The AI was beating me and the my AI squad pretty good until we flanked them and set up the mobile HQ on a nearby hill and had total visibility into the target. After playing for a while and loosing all my men, I noticed that the barracks was gone after I teleported back to the base! :-(. Now I have to start over. I didn't want to save the game as that renders the lift choppers unusable. Lots of things to fix but I love playing this map. It has pretty much everything I need to have a great time.

Edited by nuggetz

How do you get the recruit building back after it has been blown up? There is no rubble, it just vanishes.

Can you get it back, or is there another way to recruit troops?

How do you get the recruit building back after it has been blown up? There is no rubble, it just vanishes.

Can you get it back, or is there another way to recruit troops?

That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. Hopefully Xeno chimes in here. I'm also trying to figure out what I need to change in order to remove the 30 minute restriction for pilots. I added some planes to the map and want to fly them straight off but the game is making me wait 30 minutes for some reason. Where to I set this to 0?

nuggetz, the restriction is in the i_common.sqf file.

d_player_air_autokick. Set that to 0 and you should be good.

Also, I haven't read the entire thread but I looked and looked in the .sqfs etc and I'm wondering how to remove the slot limit on certain units?

Can you tell me how to get the choppers to function as lift choppers once again after saving the game and reloading?

Never mind. After saving and loading about 5 or 6 times with no problems, this time I lost my menu for artillary and all the other special actions. This hack is not working.

Edited by Malecos

Yea saving the game and then reloading it does not work for AI west. Which kinda sucks becouse me and one other cannot complete a dozen side missions and two main missions in one siting. Would be nice if we could set the objective to only complete 10 side missions. Is there anouther map out there like this that is possible?

Also anouther bug we found. The side mission of destroy the prision. We sent an arty strike at it to destroy the infantry around it. THen we noticed it destroying the building too. So we called in anouther air strike to level the building. However we never got the completion msg about it being destroyed. SO we layed some sachels down (50 of them) to attempt to destroy the rubble. However even then we did not get the completion msg.

well, I think one problem you guys are having is domination was really meant for a dedicated server to be run on persitant. At least in Arma 1.

Xeno,

Another question, now that I have the F-16 spawning as a reward vehicle at the end of a main mission, how would I change it to be a wreck that is transportable if it is destroyed. I just took one up that we won, and it was shot down over a town, but its not showing on the map as a wreck to be repaired.

Thanks Xeno for all your hard work on developing this mod we are having heaps of fun with it and congrats for the award, well deserved!

I notice a couple of posts regarding destruction of the wreck repair bay in domination west and no capacity to repair this. We have noticed this also on our server and it wasn't clear to me from reading the forums whether this was deliberate or not and I guess whether there was any way to modify this so it could be repaired? cheers for any comment input.

Got a question about the mission.sqm file. In there you have

addOns[]=

followed by

addOnsAuto[]=

Under each is an array of mods. What is the difference between the two?

I had tried adding in new vehicles, the little bird, and just having a couple spawned at the start of the mission. Worked fine in the editor, but could never get it to function on the server. I noticed that it listed the littlebird mod in the addons section, and when people connected it would say they needed that mod. Never could find out how to get people to just download it from the server and wondered if I put it in the addOnsAuto as well would it allow people to download it from the server?

Got a question about the mission.sqm file. In there you have

addOns[]=

followed by

addOnsAuto[]=

Under each is an array of mods. What is the difference between the two?

I had tried adding in new vehicles, the little bird, and just having a couple spawned at the start of the mission. Worked fine in the editor, but could never get it to function on the server. I noticed that it listed the littlebird mod in the addons section, and when people connected it would say they needed that mod. Never could find out how to get people to just download it from the server and wondered if I put it in the addOnsAuto as well would it allow people to download it from the server?

Actually that would be a redirect or something similar and it would have to be built into the game itself and the netcode. Unfortuantely Arma 2 as did Arma 1 not offer this option to download from a server or another place a mod. They would have to know they needed the mod in order to join in.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Thanks Xeno for all your hard work on developing this mod we are having heaps of fun with it and congrats for the award, well deserved!

I notice a couple of posts regarding destruction of the wreck repair bay in domination west and no capacity to repair this. We have noticed this also on our server and it wasn't clear to me from reading the forums whether this was deliberate or not and I guess whether there was any way to modify this so it could be repaired? cheers for any comment input.

Its a bug that has to do with patrols. We have fixed it on our server by turning off the random patrols the mission puts in. One of my co server admins has done this. What it is, sometimes a tank or a BMP will come running thru the base doing a randomly generated patrol. This usally happens about 6 hours into the mission we noticed. If the patrol takes it through the Air Base it will destroy only the wreck repair and the helo repair with its HE/Main gun thus not leaving rubble behind. When I get home and talk to my co-server admin I will post up where the code is to change that if Xeno doesnt get to it first.

Although i wonder how i would do to make the plane turn out to be a "WRECK" and only collectable with the Wreck-Chopper after it is shot down.

/Rick

I would love to know how to define vehicles to show up as wrecks as well :)

The other question I had is, I added a Chinook and I can't find where to define it as a lift chopper. And I was also wondering if I could create a heavy lift chopper category for this for lifting tanks as well.

Thanks Xeno for the greatest ArmA mission, and keep up the great work

I know it wasnt meant for lan play.

Exactly the reason why it may not work. First versions didn't even support hosted environments, even the last ones may not work. Regarding SP, it was never my intention to make it a SP mission or even support SP saving. Try to run a dedicated server on your PC with persistent mode on.

Hm, which version do you play ?

I think I've solved this problem in T10, though it could be T15 which is not available public.

Also, I haven't read the entire thread but I looked and looked in the .sqfs etc and I'm wondering how to remove the slot limit on certain units?

What do you mean with slot limit exactly ?

Also anouther bug we found. The side mission of destroy the prision.

http://dev-heaven.net/boards/18/topics/show/1305#message-1382 :)

It's allready fixed in my internal version.

Only engineers can rebuild the support buildings.

They have to go near the ruins and select the action menu entry to rebuild it.

I would love to know how to define vehicles to show up as wrecks as well :)

Just place them in the editor and add the vehicle type/class name to x_heli_wreck_lift_types in i_common.sqf.

For example, place the following at the end of i_common.sqf just before };

x_heli_wreck_lift_types = x_heli_wreck_lift_types + ["MV22"];

to add a MV22 Osprey. Don't add a respawn script or anything else to the vehicle.

You can find the A2 class names here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73241

The other question I had is, I added a Chinook and I can't find where to define it as a lift chopper. And I was also wondering if I could create a heavy lift chopper category for this for lifting tanks as well.

Just replace one of the MH60 Blackhawks with the Chinook. Be sure that it has the same variable name (ch1 to ch4).

You'll allmost find no init lines in objects/vehicles getting used in Dom just because I use a slightly different approach to initialize objects.

Reason is, all objects that you place in the editor get spawned and the init lines get processed when the mission starts.

But, once a JIP (join in progress) player joins all those init lines get send to the JIP player too, which can cause lags. And for stuff that should only run on the server that is not necessary.

Please, don't hesitate to edit or change the mission to your needs. Some things/scripts in it might look a little bit weird and hard to understand, but it is no voodoo magic :)

Xeno

XENO, thanks for answering all of our questions! I am playing T10 version and this happens every time I play. I love the random patrols that attack the base and destroy things, but I would like to rebuild the RECRUIT building when they do.

I would also love to save and resume with One Team West AI. Playing alone, it takes days to get through the mission. Love it, love it, love it!! Thanks!

Now if i wanted to take this mod and add F-16s and Littlebirds (LBs as default spawns, F-16s as rewards) how would i go about making the script and then saving and uploading the new edited map?

I've never done this

Finally got the game and got to play the mission.

As usual, great work Xeno :)

The first thing I noticed is something many will view as an inconvenience that needs to be fixed, but I kind of like it the way it is. To the point I'd like to suggest having an option for it in future versions.

The MHQ's, when destroyed, do not respawn. They can still be used as a spawn point, but cannot be moved and have to be carried back as wreck repair. To me, this increases the value of the MHQ and will help prevent it from being recklessly driven too close to hostile territory. It will also make helo pilots more mindful when lifting it.

Xeno, thanks for showing us how to add the option to make something liftable with the wreck chopper. However how do we show the marker on the map to where it is? I dont see were to it in the vehimarker scripts.

What do you mean with slot limit exactly ?

Nevermind that, I'm a moron. Didn't realize ArmA 2 limited the amount of slots a Corpsman can have.

And by slots I meant ammo slots. Playing by myself wanted to be able to carry full gear and heal but I guess I'll just have to make do.

Nevermind that, I'm a moron. Didn't realize ArmA 2 limited the amount of slots a Corpsman can have.

And by slots I meant ammo slots. Playing by myself wanted to be able to carry full gear and heal but I guess I'll just have to make do.

The team bravo corpsman has 12 ammo slots. And a bandana.

Only engineers can rebuild the support buildings.

They have to go near the ruins and select the action menu entry to rebuild it.

Xeno

Thanks mate we kinda worked that one out :p

The problem is as ripper998 highlighted (thanks for your post ripper :icon_eek:) there is no rubble to repair the building with......

ripper is right armoured random patrols come through the main base around the 6 hour mark with the tank and destroy the wreck and heli repair bays, no rubble remains for a rebuild

further thoughts? we can turn the random patrols off but it detracts from the realism :(

Is the AI in this set to less than max skill? Was playing on expert and it really felt like they had their skill set to lower than max based on how they would react etc...

Thanks Xeno for the help, I'm excited for your next (and last release :() of domination....You are the man

2 things I'm having trouble finding as well,

1) Designating what is liftable by the normal lift choppers, I replaced Lift chopper 3 with a chinook and was hoping to add the capability to lift tanks (M1A2, etc...).

2) As mentioned previously, How do I get a map marker to appear on wrecks of vehicles that I have added in the editor. The land vehicles I have added are all stock vehicles.

Cheers

Edited by TenaciousB

Holy crap! How did you get the AI ordering from barracks to work? I've been looking through the scripts and still have no idea how you worked it. What did you do may I ask?