Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Hi Xeno great map:D my Clan uses ur East Domi as were a Russian styled Clan. The thing is we want to add in some extra helos hinds/Ka's and some t90s to the standard map for members to use. The question is how do we get them to either A respawn back at base or show up as wrecks like the stuff you win from doing main and side missions.

You should do a little bit of reading before asking, your question has been answered by me on the previous page (with an additional clarification on this very page above).

Cheers mate bit brain dead been forum trolling all day got to the urg point lol. Also TBH i would rather have them show up as wrecks which is way beyond my meager scripting skills.

Edited by Rogue_Trooper

Cheers mate bit brain dead been forum trolling all day got to the urg point lol. Also TBH i would rather have them show up as wrecks which is way beyond my meager scripting skills.

I am not sure (as I haven't done it), but maybe it is possible to allow any wreck to be liftable and repairable. You should check the two config scripts in the root folder of the mission (I forgot the names and I am at work atm). In the same files, for example, you can make any "healthy" vehicles "liftable" by the regular Lift choppers (and I did do that just to speed up our mission a bit by airlifting tanks and stuff).

On the other hand, in some cases, it will be pain in the ass to locate such wreck if it's not near one of the missions. I remember accidently releasing a humvee while airlifting it. I couldn't find it afterwards even though I knew the approximate location. :)

Hm, no. You allready respawn with the weapons you had before you died, that's enough :)

But without the ammo, and because of the 2 main weapon feature, it's not working that great. I found it easier to get rid of all my weapons and reget them as I wanted.

Last update means you plan to work on something else for A2 or that you're done with the game ?

Thx.

Can you tell me which version ?

At least in T10 the ruins get placed by a script (and you should allways get an action menu entry).

The warfare buildings in A2 simply disappear if they get destroyed and you have to manually create ruins.

Xeno

Its the T10, latest build you have, and its just the Helo repair and Wreck repair building. The Vehicle repair and Jet service buildings always have ruins to repair from.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

But without the ammo, and because of the 2 main weapon feature, it's not working that great. I found it easier to get rid of all my weapons and reget them as I wanted.

Last update means you plan to work on something else for A2 or that you're done with the game ?

Thx.

I agree, it sucks that it doesnt reload your clips if your missing some, but thats the way it has always been.

Xeno has stated that he wishes to play more of the game and working new missions and not updating just this one.

Hey Xeno, I was looking at another map (inferno) where some scripts an etc was shared just curious as theres some interesting features for squad members to build various items etc was just curious if u was thinking of doin that for future update to Domination?

was just curious if u was thinking of doin that for future update to Domination?

There will be exactly one Dom release in the future, and that will be the last one. At least from my side there will be no new features added. So, no :)

After that I will only make co10 missions without respawn or pvp for three players.

Xeno

There will be exactly one Dom release in the future, and that will be the last one. At least from my side there will be no new features added. So, no :)

After that I will only make co10 missions without respawn or pvp for three players.

Xeno

Well kudos on the Domination an I look forward to see what u come up with next 8)

Hi Xeno me and some of my Squad mates were wondering if the Longest day can be configured for OPFOR. As were a Russian style Squad finding Russian based COOP missions is fairly hard less than ten exist for A2 at the moment.

So if it can could you give us some pointers.

I was downloaded yours domiA2 MP missions pack but I can't play the mission with my own dedicated server when mission was modifyed. Can you tell me how to solution this problem? Thanks.

I only changed soldier's skill than save it.

XENO WILL U PLEASE FIX TEH GEARBOX!!!

cause no one else will :(

the frags in the box are ALL WRONG, they're the russian ones that explode on impact there are NO M67 TIMED FRAGS in the box :( :( :( so if u take those ruskies out n say ur fighting in dense forest n u throw a frag if it touches a leaf IT BLOWS UP but if u throw a timed one IT GOES THRU and kills the enemy instead which is what we need.

ITS MY BIGGEST GRIPE SO FAR :(

pls fix this pls

the M67 timed frags are found in the US ordanance box.

Edited by AussieTerry84

Im sry if you have allready answered this, but i tried to search and couldent find any answer.

first off.. really great mission. awsome. :)

Now to the question. I would like to know how to edit the beginging when you fly from the sky down to your player. I like the idea but in our clan we like to change typ of soldier and the wait sometimes is litle long.

ALso the text that is in the beginning we would like to edit. (Not erase anything from you ) just add some own text.

thank you.

/rickard =NsF= (Nordic Strike FOrce)

Now to the question. I would like to know how to edit the beginging when you fly from the sky down to your player. I like the idea but in our clan we like to change typ of soldier and the wait sometimes is litle long.

Open x_setup.sqf in the main mission folder, remove the comment from

//#define __OLD_INTRO__

means it should look like this:

#define __OLD_INTRO__

Then save and run setupcopy.bat once.

As I haven't changed the track (music) title in x_scripts\x_intro_old.sqf you have to change that one too.

Remove ATrack10 and replace it with Track07_Last_Men_Standing

Though you won't then have the camera anymore, but should be ok for what you want.

Edit:

You can change the mission for your needs.

Just go through the i_xxxx.sqf files.

There are a lot of options that can be changed.

The only thing you have to remember is that if you change something in x_setup.sqf you have to run setupcopy.bat once.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Quick question. I've been looking up and down your domination mission for this script but can't seem to find it. The one that allows Engineers to be actual engineers and fix problems on vehicles instead of in vanilla, just driving up with a truck and the truck doing the fixing on it's own.

Would it be a problem if my unit uses it for in house missions and if not, where would I be able to find it to be able to extract it?

Thanks for your time.

Hi Xeno

Awesome mission, thank you very much for this great work.

I have a question: I'd like to run a private server with some friends to play Domination, but we are a small group of 5-6 players. Is it possible to take cities with 5-6 players, and if not, can I modify something to lower the difficulty level or the number of IA defenders?

Thanks

Quick question. I've been looking up and down your domination mission for this script but can't seem to find it. The one that allows Engineers to be actual engineers and fix problems on vehicles instead of in vanilla, just driving up with a truck and the truck doing the fixing on it's own.

It's not that easy to extract the functionality as you have to compile parts from 3 or 4 scripts into one script and rewrite some parts of it.

Is it possible to take cities with 5-6 players, and if not, can I modify something to lower the difficulty level or the number of IA defenders?

Just dePbo the mission and open i_server.sqf in a text editor. You'll find the part where you can change the values :)

Xeno

Just dePbo the mission and open i_server.sqf in a text editor. You'll find the part where you can change the values :)

Xeno

Sorry I'm totally noob at that, where can I download tools to dePbo the mission file?

When I put in the old intro like you said Xeno, around 10 seconds after we spawn there is a little pop up saying "Variable 'intro_hud' does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace". Is that a big deal is it ok to just keep going? I did everything like you said in the post. I'd appreciate any insight you could give me on this matter.

Sorry I'm totally noob at that, where can I download tools to dePbo the mission file?

Here:

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

Search for ArmA Tools.

When I put in the old intro like you said Xeno, around 10 seconds after we spawn there is a little pop up saying "Variable 'intro_hud' does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace".

No problem, one little change more:

Open x_dlg\IntroText.hpp with a text editor and delete the following line:

onLoad="INTRO_HUD = _this select 0";

Save it, that's it.

will u be fixing the frags in ur next Domination update Xeno?

As there will be only one last update/release, it may get changed ;)

Xeno

Thank you so much for answering my question about the intro Xeno.

I have one more question. i Was trying to edit the "Domination.paa" file/picture that gets loaded in the intro, im not going to take away anything just add our logo.

I have managed to open the file in PS but im not sure how to save it. there are alot of different settings.

What i did was that i saved it as PNG file and then used "TexView" to save it but same there, the mission complains about wrong format in the picture. should i save it as DXT or RGB or...?

thankyou.

/Rickard