Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

Looking forward to both the units themselves and more of the WiP postings. Its great to see these coming along. I have great admiration for your love of detail.

Looking good Stalker, my only comment really is the knee pads. A trivial thing really, its a very 'american' thing and other than ops in the middle east I can't think of a time when they have been used on such a scale, not in a temperate climate anyway. Anyway looking very good mate keep it up. :)

Looking good Stalker, my only comment really is the knee pads. A trivial thing really, its a very 'american' thing and other than ops in the middle east I can't think of a time when they have been used on such a scale, not in a temperate climate anyway. Anyway looking very good mate keep it up. :)

That said mate, a couple of chaps at my unit wear one kneepad (right knee) when on ex to stop them mucking up their joints should they kneel in a fish environment or on an irritating hard-standing/gravelly range.

Oh YEAH! :yay:

Those are looking spec-f*%$ing-tacular. Now I just have to find a way to freeze myself until they're released, I don't think I can stand the waiting any longer.

Good stuff StalkerGB keep it up fella , One question you said you done a work around by using the A1 gun Anims so i guess the SA80 w/ picatinny furniture on wont be held like the Mk.48 ? or are you going to leave that version of SA80 out untill sample models are out?

I guess that he'll have to wait until the sample models/configs are out to make the weapon holding animation work.

@ TheSun , yeah that is what i guessed too . never know tho im sure there is ways to find out what the new selections are classed and shouldnt be to hard to figure out where they go as they are usualy in english e.g spine1 , rightarm etc .

Will the SA80's have the UGL by default? Will there be a Milan launcher instead of the SMAW's etc.?

If I'm not very much mistaken, MILAN's no longer used. Besides, the nearest British equivalent to the SMAW is the ILAW/AT4, which the exact same thing as the M136.

Hello everyone,

With regards to the animation thing, i HAVE (working) the MK48 animation on the L85A2 w/ RIS but as you well know my units arms don't like it very much. As of yet i have been unable to fix this problem. As far as I can see it doesn't look like its a new selection as I am currently using the ARMA 2 ones in my config and can't seem to see any new ones that relate to the arms in any way. Either way i will need to wait until the tools come out so that i can binarize my model for release. Regardless of property proctection, it doesn't help performance much if they are unbinarized.

About the loadouts/weapons, most units will have the bog standard L85 as their firearm, obviously the marksman will have the L86 and the Grenadier will carry the UGL on his L85, in terms of AT weapons i will most likely use the M136 for now.

On a side note i will be away for a week in Suffolk so no modding till next sunday earliest.

EDIT: Right.... seeing as i'm going away here is another piccy...

bonussmall.jpg

Larger

I'm too Kind :)

Hope everyone likes, same as the ohter but from a different angle...

STALKERGB

Edited by STALKERGB
Bonus :)

Looking better and better Stalker.

But come to f&%k tho, a week off in suffolk? get ur arse into gear I wanna see bleeding eyes and fingers worked to stumps:now: :p

Hehe enjoy your hols mate and we'll all wait out till the next update.

Looking good stalker! The PLCE ammo pouches look a little on the small side, but other than that they are lookign good! :)

what would be great as well is desert camo.. and vehicles like the challenger 2 and schimitar but i must admit these unit models are coming on great and look the part :D

The desert camo is in the works afaik, so it should be on the list, but if using it on chernarus would be pretty fail. Unless using it on afghanistan/desert missions.

The desert camo is in the works afaik, so it should be on the list, but if using it on chernarus would be pretty fail. Unless using it on afghanistan/desert missions.
I like desert camo so much that I would use it even on Chernarus. :war:

Hello everyone,

With regards to the animation thing, i HAVE (working) the MK48 animation on the L85A2 w/ RIS but as you well know my units arms don't like it very much. As of yet i have been unable to fix this problem. As far as I can see it doesn't look like its a new selection as I am currently using the ARMA 2 ones in my config and can't seem to see any new ones that relate to the arms in any way. Either way i will need to wait until the tools come out so that i can binarize my model for release. Regardless of property proctection, it doesn't help performance much if they are unbinarized.

About the loadouts/weapons, most units will have the bog standard L85 as their firearm, obviously the marksman will have the L86 and the Grenadier will carry the UGL on his L85, in terms of AT weapons i will most likely use the M136 for now.

On a side note i will be away for a week in Suffolk so no modding till next sunday earliest.

EDIT: Right.... seeing as i'm going away here is another piccy...

bonussmall.jpg

Larger

I'm too Kind :)

Hope everyone likes, same as the ohter but from a different angle...

STALKERGB

keep up the great work the units are coming along

I can't wait to :flamethrower::yay::yay::yay: with these

:don 14:

hello everyone, just got back from Suffolk :)

And yes i know it was dreadful... me taking time off! :)

Smuke is right that there is Desert DPM in the works too and AFAIK the AI wont be able to tell the difference so it would work fine on the old SP skirmishes... with humans... well thats a different story :)

Hey stalker, can ya give us a time frame for these units? I have so many ideas for them, including reliving my 1 week residential visit to an old base in Crickhowell in Wales when i was in a Military Preparation College.

The Chernarus landscape is perfect for the atmosphere!

well, essentially they will be done when they are done, although i reckon i will be able to finish the model/texture work before the dev tools are out. At the end of the day i need to be able to binarize my models and fix the selection issues before a release would be possible so if i had to give a time i would say around the release of BIS tools for ARMA 2 (which may be a long time)

Ah yeah, forgot about the dev tools, sorry for making you say this for probably the 1000 time ^^