Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

It's looking great, StalkerGB! Can't wait to see them in the field!

Abs

Hi Stalks - will your machine gun be relased for ArmA1 too? Pretty plese :) :)

Hi Stalks - will your machine gun be relased for ArmA1 too? Pretty plese :) :)

I'm pretty sure if you look hard enough, you might just find tonnes of British units already for ArmA1.

Are you thinking of making any NBC units??

I think you mean CBRN old chap. Get your cadet chappy to update his pamphlets.

Whats a gasmask? You mean respirator :wink:

StalkerGB. These keep getting better and better mate :)

I can't wait to get out of these barney pajama cammies and into some good old dpm and those of us who are lmg gunners will just love an acog lmg so we can keep up with the riflemen in a firefight :) (was just moaning about this to guys in vcb )

Keep up the good work mate.

i know its called a respirator ,just being lazy :p

Being lazy is not allowed in the pretend army...I mean cadets

Want me to get some holes in that muzzle for you dude? 5 minute job! :P

Hello everyone...

Have been doing alot config-side with my units recently (adding GPS to SL and Maps, Compass, Watch, Radio etc) and sorting out better, more balanced, realistic loadouts for my guys.

Below are pictures of all the work (model/texture wise) I have done to date, rather than it just being a nice little round up of progress there is, unfortunately, another reason for me posting today...

Recently i have been struggling to really get much modding of any kind done (since the assault vest i have almost done nothing) i have felt as though i have almost been forcing myself to do it and really haven't been enjoying the modding process at all. Wierdly i am happier with my units than ever before as this is how I had always wanted them to look (right back before i even started work on them for ARMA1). Whenever i sit down and try to do any work on the units recently i have noticed that I'm doing anything to avoid actually working on them. The lack of interest in all things ARMA has stemmed from real life problems i'm having, just really not feeling myself and haven't for the past couple months, have also been ill on and off over a similar period. So, without beating about the bush, I'm gonna stop modding for ARMA, it is unlikely it will be a permenant end to modding but i'm just going to need time to sort myself out, please don't ask how long its going to be because I just don't know. Hopefully it won't be too long (who knows I might feel ok in a weeks time!) and I will probably be about on the forum possibly posting the odd update/WIP pic, I guess that on a good day i might to a bit of work but who knows...

Squad Leader

SquadLeadsmall.jpg

Larger

Rifleman

riflemansmall.jpg

Larger

Marksman

Marksmansmall.jpg

Larger

LMG Gunner

LMGGunnersmall.jpg

Larger

Anyway, thanks for everyones support in everything i have done, will keep people updated the best I can...

Matt

Edited by STALKERGB

Hope ya get it sorted and feel better soon matey! :cool:

That's sore news to all of us mentals out here who've been following your progress with great eagerness, especially the vcb chaps. I sincerely hope you manage to get yourself together and that everything works out for you.

Of course with all things entertainment you shouldn't do it if you don't feel like it. The stuff you've produced is always of top quality presumably because you've always put your heart into it, so fair enough on that front.

Please do keep us posted, and I await your return with more eagerness than a rifleman should be able to muster.

All the best,

-Dave

(7Rifles STAB).

Likewise Stalker, i'm sure you know these look cracking. Take it easy and hope you feel up to finishing them some time in the future.

Sad news mate.

Hope you feel better soon and get your desire to carry on back.

I'm sure a little break and some time out on the lash and you'll be right as rain ;)

Drink, snort or smoke one for me :D

I sympathise completely mate.

The single worst part of addon-making is when you get stuck in the doldrums: staring the same bloody .p3d or .psd every day for weeks on end sucks the fun right out of it eventually. Having a lot on your plate elsewhere in life only makes matters worse, and it's quite right of you to want to take time out completely.

I do hope you regain the spark; you've put in an absolutely stellar effort so far and produced fantastic results. I have faith that you will eventually since I always get back into it myself, even if it's months down the line.

In the meantime though, all the best.

Ahhh... that's a shame stalker but none of us are going to nag you to do something you don't want to. I hope you start feeling back to normal soon and I'm not just saying that out of my concern for the release of these units, I've been through those sorts of periods myself and it really messed me up for a while, so much to the point that I was acting violent towards everyone and I became almost completely anti-social, but trust me it doesn't last forever, and you soon forget about it.

P.S

Trust me mate, if this whole period is making you think that your work in ARMA has been a waste of time you couldn't be more wrong. I as a supporter of your work couldn't be more thankful for everything you've done and more.

Edited by Dmahon

Trust me mate, if this whole period is making you think that your work in ARMA has been a waste of time you couldn't be more wrong, I as a supporter of your work couldn't be more thankful for everything you've done and more.

No doubt. Very much appreciated. Take care bud.

Stalker,

You have my support and best wishes. BTW the mod looks fucking a1, can't wait for it to be released.

Hope your feeling better soon.:yay:

P.S. The biggest travesty would be to let all your hard work go to waste.

Have a rst over the summer mate, you feel much better and eager for more after a break.

Like to say as well, thanks for telling us, very considerate and proffesinial!

Stalker hope some R&R improves your feelings. Its a great mod so far and everyone is looking forward to it, but nothing is worth compromising your health and wellbeing, physiological or psychological. Time out is always very helpful in this respect.

Peace and empathy.

:)

yer have a break m8 get yourself fit and happy again and we look forward to hearing from you

all the best from

operation reality