Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

Always taken great pleasure in using your excellent mods - hope you feel better soon mate..

It'll get to you. I had to stop modding around a year ago as it just sucks your life away. I do suggest though to clean everything off your plate so you don't have to even think about modding for a while. If not, those projects on hold will pick at you until you finish them.

Good luck Stalker, many have been in the same situation. Modding just sucks you in, lol.

heya everyone,

thanks for all the kind comments, i'm humbled by the amount of support you guys have shown me.

I will try to keep everyone updated on whats going on and hopefully will feel more myself soon.

Matt

Heya everyone, was going to have a little go at putting the SUSAT onto the L110A2 as it would almost be a copy and paste job so wouldn't be too taxing, just realised i need ARMA 1 installed to view stuff in buldozer, so currently reinstalling that...

might get back to everyone with a progress report or an image if i am up to it :)

just realised i need ARMA 1 installed to view stuff in buldozer, so currently reinstalling that...

You can use BD with A2 altho it does require a little bit of bodging , PM me if you need a hand getting it to work .

Well, i am hoping for a beta release pretty soon, loading the RAF Chinhook with US soldiers is getting pretty lame, it's like watching this guy :404:

On another note, here's how realistic arma is:

when somebody shoots you

:computer:

:icon_dj::icon_dj::icon_dj:

Edited by Blueteamguy
added a third awesome sign LOL

Hang on a second, I was under the impression that you were completely halting all your work for a while for ARMA 1 and ARMA 2.

If that's what you meant then don't force yourself to do this work just to please us, you deserve the break if you need it. But then I read through your notice from a few days ago again and it also gives the impression that your just stopping work with ARMA 1 only.

tl;dr

Wait... you're still working on Arma 2?

If youre talking about stalker, then yes :D

well yeah i have stopped any proper work on my units, i just felt like tinkering today, i mean its the first time i touched my work since i said i was stopping and even so i didnt do more than 20 minutes worth.

Whenever i feel like doing a little bit i will, what i was saying with my other post was that currently thats not going to be very often. So just dont get your hopes up too much.

Don't worry i won't force myself to do any work, I'm focussing on sorting myself out first :) then if i feel up to it my units

Sweet :)

Be sure to release a beta eventually, i'd really like to find some bugs and report them to you b4 release, hint hint :D

Stalker, dont rush back into things, just do things easy...i think you can tell by the number of pages on this thread that there is a huge interest in your work!

Stalker, dont rush back into things, just do things easy...i think you can tell by the number of pages on this thread that there is a huge interest in your work!

This.

I think I can tell by the number of posts in this thread that this is single handedly the most eagerly anticipated set of units to be released for Arma 2

This.

I think I can tell by the number of posts in this thread that this is single handedly the most eagerly anticipated set of units to be released for Arma 2

So true :)

Hello everybody, although little or no work is going on at Camp STALKERGB, seeing as BIS are finalising the Editing Tools i might put the work i have done into a mini addon for people to take a look at, obviously it will depend on how little work is involved in doing such a thing but just wanted to keep everyone up to date on any editing plans i might have.

Matt

Tease us why don't you!

So uhhh, what sort of things would go into this "mini addon"?

From what i have seen, id be happy to use what you have produced, they look pretty damn good, Excellent work.

just the units i have already finished(ish) :)

AH! :D

Awesome news

been waiting for this moment for about... i dunno... a month?

also

From what i have seen, id be happy to use what you have produced, they look pretty damn good, Excellent work.

Amen

well it just depends on how much work it will take, if its too much i'll wait till i feel up do doing it all rather than forcing it upon myself but if it can be done pretty quickly then i will probably get something too you all.

EDIT: with the new expansion, looks like i'll have to start sorting out my desert DPMs...

Cheers

Edited by STALKERGB

well it just depends on how much work it will take, if its too much i'll wait till i feel up do doing it all rather than forcing it upon myself but if it can be done pretty quickly then i will probably get something too you all.

EDIT: with the new expansion, looks like i'll have to start sorting out my desert DPMs...

Cheers

:eek: Oh joy! :yay: now your just teasing us you addon tease slut :)

:desert splurge

Now usually I'm pretty crap at maths, but I can see some equations that seem to leap to mind;

Stalkergb addons = WIN

Desert setting = EPIC

Stalkergb addons + desert setting = EPIC WIN

@StalkerGB, although you're having a well earned rest, is there any kind of list of guys you're creating, or is it a case of your 4 guys as a core addon and see what happens?

Gald you are looking forward to any release guys :) unfortunately even with the new tools for ARMA 2 out its still not possible to fix the distorted arms issue so unless that gets fixed i doubt i will be releasing anything, i know its not game stopping but i would feel as though i have released something below par if i did.

With regards to the list of what i am creating (or hoping to create) its not something i will rigidly stick to and especially for the infantry i will most likely cut down on the number in the list, anyways here it is...

Infantry (temperate & desert DPM)

Squad Leader

Team Leader

Marksman

Grenadier

LMG Gunner

Machine Gunner

AT Rifleman

Engineer

Medic

Rifleman

Light Rifleman

Rifleman Grenadier

AA Rifleman

Sniper

Recce - Leader

Recce - Rifleman

Recce - Sniper

Recce - Engineer

Crewman

Pilot

Weapons

L85A2

L85A2 SUSAT

L85A2 SUSAT RIS

L85A2 AG36

L85A2 SUSAT AG36

L86A2

L86A2 SUSAT

L108A1

L110A2

L115A3

Everything up to this point IS in game and working to some extent (eg. some units have the new look while most still have the ARMA1 models)

Vehicles

Challenger 2

Warrior (FV510?)

WMIK

Viking (maybe)

Possibly some Bedfords for support.

Aircraft

Tornado

Essentially with the aircraft i would rather wait for RKSL to get all their stuff in game seeing as their addons look awesome so far.

Main focus will always be on the infantry and will also be looking to add the RMC at some point (want to make them look really tough [like grass on the helmets, camo faces and so on...]). And then after that maybe some UKSF.

Anyway, there is project "STALKERGB wants to put british soldiers in to ARMA 2" lol

Have to say, really like the direct3D thing in the new O2.

Edited by STALKERGB

Well no wonder why all the stress--just look at that list for one man to accomplish--woof! :P

I know what you mean about getting things fixed prior to release. When I work on something and if something is wrong that only I know exists but no one else, it still pisses me off to no end until it's fixed and/or perfected.

Glad to see you're doing some things here and there to an extent. Just take your time and as we privately spoke about--have fun!

Otherwise, so help me, I have that mime's phone number on speed dial, mister! Why, I have no idea, but...... I..... do...... <gives Evil Monkey finger-point @ monitor>

(long story folks, lol)

what specific problem are you having?, i want you to get those units out.

we @ AU are willing to help get back to me asap mate.