Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Marsocks next? preeseee!

Here's your "Marsocks" made by Binkowski

@Bink

Will the Nomex marines make their comeback too?

Good work ziiip, its getting there :)

Ur making me want to get into modelling soon even thou i'm flat out juggling my hobbies.

If i do get time i'll model a Lobaev SVL single shot long range sniper rifle in .408 Chey-tac

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn100-e.htm

Even thou it's probably nothing near as hard as what ur doing for ur 1st ;)

Edited by vasmkd

Will the Nomex marines make their comeback too?

A little bird told me that there may be Nomex versions of these Marines :rolleyes:

I already got those, I thought he was reworking them. Oh well.

Okay so I'm working on the humvee and am trying to get something close to what you actually see..of course this leads to problems as there are thousands of humvee's and due to diverse exposure..camera quality..lighting conditions, no one looks the same.

So after dozens upon dozens of tries I've reached the point that nothing looks right after going through so many pictures and camo tests.

I'm thinking of maybe darkening the blueish black but only very little, too much and it gets thrown off, I tried darkening the rest of the camo otherwise and it just looks so out of place. What do you guys think?

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Arma%202%20NATO%20retexture/hmmwvday.png

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Arma%202%20NATO%20retexture/hmmwvnoon.png

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Arma%202%20NATO%20retexture/hmmwvnight.png happy night hunting (the avengers launching area is default)

Edited by NodUnit

Okay so I'm working on the humvee..\

Well, after having just been around a lot of HWMMV's this past weekend, I think I could tell you that it looks fine. I would only say, the paint looks brand new and the truck must have just been washed. :D

Well, after having just been around a lot of HWMMV's this past weekend, I think I could tell you that it looks fine. I would only say, the paint looks brand new and the truck must have just been washed. :D

Technicly it is a brand new coat of paint, changing the colors of the default texture didn't work too well and the camo was wrong in a few places so I gave it a new paint job, will definately be adding dirt and mud and whatnots to it later.

The big problem for me right now is getting the camo right do you know if the paint lightens or darkens when it sits int he sun or if one turns lighter than the other/changes color?

I've seen alot of both, where the darkest is darker..where its almost a greyish and in some parts hard to distinguish from the green..where the reddish brown turns into more an orange brown or just brown..where the green becomes and olive or a shade of seagreen.. so many options I don't know what to choose.

Edited by NodUnit

Technicly it is a brand new coat of paint, changing the colors of the default texture didn't work too well and the camo was wrong in a few places so I gave it a new paint job, will definately be adding dirt and mud and whatnots to it later.

The big problem for me right now is getting the camo right do you know if the paint lightens or darkens when it sits int he sun or if one turns lighter than the other/changes color?

I've seen alot of both, where the darkest is darker..where its almost a greyish and in some parts hard to distinguish from the green..where the reddish brown turns into more an orange brown or just brown..where the green becomes and olive or a shade of seagreen.. so many options I don't know what to choose.

If you're using photoshop, I recommend playing with adjustment-layers for "black & white" and "Brightness/contrast", instead of the basic colors themselves. Begin with the black&white layer and drop the opacity to something very low (10-30% will probably be enough). Your strong colors will become more pale and "old" the more opacity you use. Your black areas will stay black though, so you have to compensate a little with the brightness/contrast levels, where I think a slight increasement of brightness will make your black areas match with your pale colors.

I discovered this method when fighting the same type of color-problems with soldier uniforms. It will make things look a lot more realistic and "dull" :) You'll probably have to play around with it a while to find a nice overall balance, but remember that you can always erase parts of the adjustment-layers, and add even more of the same layers to add a double effect, or whatever.

Hope it helps :) Great work so far!

Edited by Mr. Bravo

Been working on a large American style law enforcement/Civilian vehicle pack for awhile now. Thought id post some info to see what people think.

FYI Looking for the following

Texture artists

3D modelers

Scripters

Any others experienced with vehicle mods:D

Contact me at Invert22Mini@gmail.com

The pack will include

Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in the following variations-

CHP

CHP Slicktop

Unmarked Black

TDPS State Trooper

TDPS State Trooper Slicktop

Regular Crown Victoria in the following variations

Stretch Limo

Fruit Loops Pimpin on 24'

Spongebob Pimpin on 24'

Regular Grey

Regular Black

Chevy Tahoe Police Interceptor in the following variations

TDPS State Trooper

Unmarked Black

Unmarked SWAT Transporter

Chevy Tahoe in the following variations

Regular Black

Regular Grey

Regular Green

Regular Red

Regular White

Other Vehicles

Dodge Charger Police Interceptor Stealth

2009 Ford Mustang GT

Harley Police Motorcycle

Chevy Suburban Police

Armored SWAT Troop carrier/deployment

I'll post pictures if anyone wants them, theres too many to post them all

Could we see for instance the Dodge Charger, the unmarked Tahoe and the Swat transporter? I already imagine a convoy scenario...Will there be flashing lights?

If you're using photoshop, I recommend playing with adjustment-layers for "black & white" and "Brightness/contrast", instead of the basic colors themselves. Begin with the black&white layer and drop the opacity to something very low (10-30% will probably be enough). Your strong colors will become more pale and "old" the more opacity you use. Your black areas will stay black though, so you have to compensate a little with the brightness/contrast levels, where I think a slight increasement of brightness will make your black areas match with your pale colors.

I discovered this method when fighting the same type of color-problems with soldier uniforms. It will make things look a lot more realistic and "dull" :) You'll probably have to play around with it a while to find a nice overall balance, but remember that you can always erase parts of the adjustment-layers, and add even more of the same layers to add a double effect, or whatever.

Hope it helps :) Great work so far!

Thanks I'll be sure to try it.

[quote=I have also taken a look at Sargeant Flyer's LCAC and I have now something that is semi playable.

That's good news, an LCAC model is really missing from the USMC lineup

Edited by jadehorus

Great job NodUnit.

Pretty much that is what HMMWVs look like state side (other than the tan ones). Would love to see some proper tan ones. Don't forget all the stencils everywhere, it will add to the realism.

A little more.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/booce/Dropship/UD-4L/front_new_08-23-10.jpg

Comparison

I need to finish several things on the front, the reason it looks thinner in my dropship is because I haven't connected the bottom (And the rest of the cockpit/ front area) to the cargo bay. Where the bottom of the cargo-bay ends is where the bottom of the hull would extend to. Another note is that the landing gear wells aren't present, something I'll add next time I post a screenie. The folding wings are also no where near done, as you can see.

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5 :)

Looking good mate!

Edited by Rellikki

Great job NodUnit.

Pretty much that is what HMMWVs look like state side (other than the tan ones). Would love to see some proper tan ones. Don't forget all the stencils everywhere, it will add to the realism.

Only as long as people don't mind running around with the same stencil (although this is maybe, some of OA's humvees can get away with this due to icnrease in texture size for UV'd parts rather than it all being mashed onto one), since its the Arma2 and possible OA humvee's I can't modify the model in any way.

Wait, is it against the rules to even de-pbo OA files to retexture them and release or is that just models?

Edited by NodUnit

It is ok as long as you don't rip content from one part and use it in another.

It is ok as long as you don't rip content from one part and use it in another.

So you couldn't say take the bags from the humvee and load into the bradleys basket or things like that?

:) No, you couldn't. Not even sure what is the status on the ODOL formats.

IE: I make a retext of the Huey. When i do that, i am creating a new pbo. You are not allowed to have that addon work on OA, without needing A2 as well (since the original content was made of A2).

That can be achieved by using a path from the original game (texture, rvmat etc), and that way, the addon will link to a texture that can be found only in one particular game, and not in the other.

Of course you could force that sort of dependency in the configs as well, but that is easier to go around.