Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Great work on that Fulcrum Exall:cool: . I wanted to say it looks awesome on flashpoint.ru site but i can't log in under the translated site but since u put it here i can tell you it's looking awesome.

Added:

Forgot to ask what variant it will be?

Hope the textures match the vanilla planes texturing style too

U know with rivets etc

A good example is Aushilfe's SU-27, 30 flankers for ACE OA mod which may even get made for vanilla ARMA2 game as non ace oa release if Aushilfe has time ;)

Edited by vasmkd
added

Forgot to ask what variant it will be?

It's planned to be in two variants:

fighter (PVO or air superiority): 6xR-73 or 2xR-27R+4xR-73.

close support: 4xB-8M1+2xR-73 or 4xFAB-250(or 500)+2xR-73

Of course it will be with rivets and etc (they're already on the left wing but tshhhh!). I put a lot of time in this, so it will be cruel to release it with disguisting textures. I'm just a beginner in texturing but i'll definately try to make the most of it.

Cool, looking forward to this

If it's as good textured as the model is i'll be a very happy chappy

Thanks for the effort and time ur putting in too :)

Ur doing a great job for a beginner

sorry by variant i meant model. Is it a Mig-29S, Mig-29A etc

whatever it is i think having 2 weapons loadouts is great

Edited by vasmkd

Can't figure out how to embed youtube videos :o

Edited by Macolik

zPOk6OTicj8

Fixed.

Looking good!

Don't forget to make the thing fairly glossy and the engine nacelles slightly darker than the rest of the finish (I was just poking around for stills of the things from the show to see if I could help you with your impulse engine problem).

Thanks. :) I'm not going to make the nacelles darker because I'm using the remastered version of the model as an example, and they're the same colour. I'll work on the glossiness though (just a matter of adding specular power via rvmat, right? I'm new to all that.)

It seems like you can fake it with a texture like on a muzzle flash or a brake light with high emissivity settings. The alternative would be to somehow create light sources on the rear of the shuttlecraft. The white light coming out of the engines didn't seem to really interact with the shuttlecraft itself, though, anyways (or not enough to over-ride the studio lighting at any rate). Just remember that the light is inside the shuttlecraft itself and on the prop, is diffused by frosted glass. The only part that might interact with those lights under that condition would be a bit of those odd fin structures.

I was hoping there'd be a way to configure it like a fire object (also not sure how to do that yet) which lights up the area. Think that may be an option?

Thanks again for all the feedback. I've now got to go and create a glossy rvmat. :)

Abs

Small update:

Made the LBV-88 for the Marines. Some marines will have it.

Also tweaked the normals to be less strong.

looks like this atm:

arma2oa201010251935112.jpg

*click for higher resolution.

Edited by Lennard

MiG-29

Very nice, very detailed. I think you forgot to turn on smoothing groups for the wheels tho^^

Here's my WIP ...

long way to go, it's my first serious try to make something in Mudbox

ptotheant3e7a.jpg

It's going to be a complete new soldier model.

What do you think about the wrinkles? I'm not really sure if i like them or not :o

if it's supposed to be tight, yes i like them, if not.. :)

It's not supposed to be as "baggy" as the common US BDU. I oriented a little bit more on the german uniform which is a bit tighter then the US BDU, so to speak.

Thats pretty effin badass (or "Ally" as I would call it in the Queens English ;) )

Nice work Lennard, digging those units! :)

I think you forgot to turn on smoothing groups for the wheels tho^^

There're no smoothing groups at all. That's a render without smoothing. At the stage of import in o2 i'll round them a bit.

Is it a Mig-29S, Mig-29A etc

It's a S (izdelie 9-13). If everything will go well with this i plan to make some more modern modifications of 29th.

That's looking great Bink, like where this is going.

much better than the crap I make

Lennard: very nice, but camo is really too much "sandy".

Bink: what else to say, top work! :bounce3:

Thanks. :) I'm not going to make the nacelles darker because I'm using the remastered version of the model as an example, and they're the same colour. I'll work on the glossiness though (just a matter of adding specular power via rvmat, right? I'm new to all that.)

Need high numbers on specular colour, specular power, and close to white colours on the SMDI map green and blue channel. I think it's best to tune the shader so that you have the full tonal range of your smdi map (so like 0 to 255 on your spec map for both channels) and then dial the shader to the maximum specular values you'd likely see.

There are some suggested values for modern vehicles on the material templates page of the biki to compare.

I was hoping there'd be a way to configure it like a fire object (also not sure how to do that yet) which lights up the area. Think that may be an option?

I really can't say because I don't have any experience with that. It is what you're after, though, an effect with a light source attached to it. I think I saw recently someone doing tracers with light sources attached so there must be some way to do it.

Thanks again for all the feedback. I've now got to go and create a glossy rvmat. :)

Abs

My pleasure :)

Basically only the camo is just how I want it, everything else is inaccurate(not representing current Slovak army)...but what else you want whitout proper models. :D

2ztd1fb.jpg

Expected release date: 26.10.2012

Edited by Pauliesss

Is it just the picture or does the camo look extremely blurry?

6Bg5S.jpg

some usmc stuff .. needs dump pouches , maybe sapi pouches.. and different mag pouches .. ... still haven't gotten my collar or MTV in game yet.. peace.