Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Pufu

Forgot to ask weather it will have the AGS-17 or AGS-30 grenade launchers?

Pufu

Forgot to ask weather it will have the AGS-17 or AGS-30 grenade launchers?

neither. will have AH-17D 30MM GL

bmpt_12.jpg

<3 Pufu. Can't wait to see all the different paintjobs that man Topas applies to your work. What variants do you plan to include, or is that TOP SECRET?

What variants do you plan to include, or is that TOP SECRET?

I haven't thought much about it really :) - top secret

Nothing as major as stuff in this thread! But yeah the default AV8 sounds were doing my nut in.

lspFBsfxFNE

@FENNEK do you work on cadians (kasrkins) 40k ?

Aye :) Not just kasrkins.

It will be a loooooong way for an imperial guard mod , perhaps not ready until Arma3 :o But i want to make everything i do in HQ and as realistic as possible, so that i can port it to any (future) gameengine i want.

Edited by Fennek

dont stab me lennard, i was too lazy to give them ach's or pasgts in dcu. they're for my 2003 army men. I still need to work on the uniform as you can see.

seNP0.png

sf1MS.png

peace.

Can you take pictures where they aren't in the shade and covered by glare. FPDR

Very cool. The DCU looks...big. On his legs atleast.

It also has a weird look to it, as if its really smooth. Like silk. LOL

Looks nice though, keep up the good work.

Yeah it looked a little big on his legs. Not like BIG, but you know. I still like it.

Working on a neck/face mask thing, meant to start just under the nose. Still really rough, just adding in some basic wrinkles right now before I work on the outer edges. First time I have given organic modeling and zbrush a try so it is really rough at the moment.

Going off of this a bit, but keeping the nose uncovered, I might do another one with the nose covered if and when I finish my current one.

dfu3iv.jpg

reconwrap? could be, if you texture it right. i like.

reconwrap? could be, if you texture it right. i like.

Yeah kind of the idea I was going for. I textured one right on a face and it did not look even remotely right so I trashed that and thought I would give modeling one a try.

My topology was really messed up so I scrapped my first one and started from scratch. Needs ton of work but it's getting there. I'm loving how easy organic modeling is, don't know why I never tried it before. Zbrush is pretty impressive too, first time touching it and after some initial frustration I think I am starting to get the hang of it.

Decided to go with a more traditional recon wrap style mask. Done for the night, but I may actually finish this up tomorrow.

Also as much as I think shemagh's are overused I might do a head wrap turbanish one after this depending how this mask turns out. More like a giant shemagh not really sure what they are called.

2lsijwg.jpg

24lsa6d.jpg

fcjk49.jpg

xlfj43.jpg

Edited by drmidnight

I know the screenshot looks familiar, but there is a difference. See if you can spot it?

Type2S.jpg

Abs

Probably not the most correct forum for it, but oh well

e8IYG.png

Starting work a real time 3d editor because I got sick of the current tool chain. Currently it's only doing import/export and displaying the terrain (the above is exported from visitor.) Each little sub area is about 300m in that image with heights from -100m to 600m asl ish.

First useful release would probably be satellite map overview along with basic height map editing tools, things like raise, lower, smudge and smooth. A large improvement over the per-vertex editing in visitor...hopefully.

Oh, and he's a similar view in-engine, but you can't really tell because of the water plane and texturing:

hYjAw.jpg

Aye :) Not just kasrkins.

It will be a loooooong way for an imperial guard mod , perhaps not ready until Arma3 :o But i want to make everything i do in HQ and as realistic as possible, so that i can port it to any (future) gameengine i want.

Hey, I was with the (still active) WH40K mod for OFP. Although my models where mostly self-made or kitbashes, I also used some from Dawn of War.

All Dawn of War models are open source if they are used in a non-profit way, so this game is a great way to get some basics layouts to base ArmA-addons upon. At least for some more distant LODs they should be fine

So if you are looking for some basic stuff, go to http://s1.zetaboards.com/OFPWH40K/index/ and get the addons. I dont think anyone has anything against it, but to be sure make a thread and ask for permission to use them in ArmA II. My name was CSM over there, and you can use all my stuff if you want.

DoW models are really open source? *scratchhead*

Thanks for the hint, i could use the Models for proportion checking for units i don't have as 'real' models. But i don't want to use others work directly.

DoW models are really open source? *scratchhead*

Thanks for the hint, i could use the Models for proportion checking for units i don't have as 'real' models. But i don't want to use others work directly.

Only "Dawn of War I". Not "Dawn of War II".

But yes, they gave permission to use the models in mods etc., as long as it is non-profit. Same thing with the stuff from "Stalker".

And yeah, the models arent meant for porting, since they would look quite shitty in ArmA 2. But they are perfect as a reference to base other stuff upon, because since they all come from the same source, they are allready have the correct correlating sizes.

Just download the WH40K Mod v.3, there are most of the models included. http://s1.zetaboards.com/OFPWH40K/topic/1425760/1/

Edited by Altimeter