Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Oh, hi. Still working on the dropship... slowly.

buldozer2010-10-2013-57-26-24.jpg

So you guys can rest easy, because it isn't dead. :p

Oh, hi. Still working on the dropship... slowly.

[/img]

So you guys can rest easy, because it isn't dead. :p

You know the Alien Dropshop is cursed? Youre never gonna finish it! :( :D

(During OFP there were at least two dropships in the making, both 99% done and beautiful looking, but in both cases they just disappeared)

Thought I would model the Eotech GL site from Here

If anyone wants it when it is done give a shout because I have no experience putting anything into the game.

EDIT: working on the internals slowly but surely and still need to do the right side, just a symmetry mirror right now. This deceivingly simple object is becoming a burden.

Quick question, is it possible to have a scrolling reticule in Arma 2?

That Eotech GL sight is looking nice , shame is it wont probably work like the real one /mean that scrolling feature/ :(

Btw i can test it ingame if you wanted later :)

Guys,

Today I thought it would be cool to have some USMC units from the early phase of OIF. So made up my plan and got started.

This is what I have right now(Note: They are very early wip, as I just started this):

oifwip1.jpg

oifwip2.jpg

*No normals are shown in O2

Request

I need reference material, be it photos or just info.

I need to know what webbing, pouches etc. they used.

All I know is they used interceptor vests and LBV-88. I'm not even short about the latter.

Anyway I made a start to what looks like some sort of load bearing vest.

So would be cool if you would help me out on this one.

Lennard those are awesome.

When ya gonna finish your ANA guys? :D

That Eotech GL sight is looking nice , shame is it wont probably work like the real one /mean that scrolling feature/ :(

Btw i can test it ingame if you wanted later :)

Is there no clever way to trick it to change the lens texture say when you zero the sight? It would be a real shame if it had to have a static reticule, but I guess it is better than nothing.

I'm going to upload it later when I finish it up and texture it so people can do what they want with it.

Lennard those are awesome.

When ya gonna finish your ANA guys? :D

Thanks,

At this time the ANA kind of lost my interest, but I'm sure I will finish them ;)(if real life lets me)

Guys,

Today I thought it would be cool to have some USMC units from the early phase of OIF. So made up my plan and got started.

Request

I need reference material, be it photos or just info.

I need to know what webbing, pouches etc. they used.

All I know is they used interceptor vests and LBV-88. I'm not even short about the latter.

Anyway I made a start to what looks like some sort of load bearing vest.

So would be cool if you would help me out on this one.

Looking great, Lennard!

Marines from the early phases of OEF and OIF are very anticipated.

marines01.th.jpgmarines02.th.jpgmarines03.th.jpgmarines04.th.jpgmarines05.th.jpg

Thanks Fingolfin, those are some useful pics.

There aren't many available on the net. Atleast not when searching with google.:j:

Just about done, still need to cleanup the geometry/smoothing and finish up the mount and base plate. Probably going to add all the screws to bake the normals too.

jqt4es.jpg

Thanks Fingolfin, those are some useful pics.

There aren't many available on the net. Atleast not when searching with google.:j:

Yes, that's what I had to find out too... Also there is not much to find at www.militaryphotos.net anymore.. :(

Basically done with the majority of it, mount is done, base plate is done, just need to add the screws, split the right side like it is in the refs, and do the smoothing. Then it is on to the uv and texture, should have it good to go by the end of the weekend. Then it is on to something else so if anyone has an optic or weapon/equipment accessory they would like I'm open to suggestions.

Just test fitting it on an unfinished pdw since it is the only model I have with side rails.

It obviously isn't completely accurate, but it'll do.

2agjcx3.jpg

You know the Alien Dropshop is cursed? Youre never gonna finish it! :( :D

(During OFP there were at least two dropships in the making, both 99% done and beautiful looking, but in both cases they just disappeared)

Well I want to fly it just as much, if not more so than anyone else, I won't let myself completely stop. :D

Started work on the 9K330... not much detail to it yet, just working on the wheels for the treds (they needs to get skinnier).

9K330_01_tn.png

9K330_02_tn.png

This is my first time modeling any sort of vehicle or something larger than a radio... :p

@NouberNou

Looks like a nice start, looking forward to see the progress on this one.

WIP Update

Got them working ingame this morning.

Also recieved ALICE gear from CWR mod; Great thanks for that again :)

And I found some good reference pics of the LBV they were wearing back then, so will make the vest as accurate as I can.

Plus Fingolfin send me some pictures that will be helpful.

This is what it looks like ingame.

oifwip3.jpgoifwip4.jpg

*Just before anyone notices: yes I spotted the not very well placed glasses on the first guy

Awesome! Though the pants and shirt look a bit too....wrinkly.

OMG...Jonny (The master), Binkowski, Fox '09 and... Enad in the same thread:eek: This dimension cannot handle so many soldier makers (and fanboy) at a time :yay:

Ah thats top stuff with them marines lennard! hope to see your other ANA project finished some day those were looking promising also. what about some Al-Qaeda!! hah

@Bink will you be releasing full on Marines woodland and desert and like your Army addons with a bunch units or just a couple dudes??

OMG...Jonny (The master), Binkowski, Fox '09 and... Enad in the same thread:eek: This dimension cannot handle so many soldier makers (and fanboy) at a time :yay:
Cameron is missing. :(

Good work as always Bink. :)

Proud fanboy.

Anyways, bink that looks epic, cant wait for your marinez.