Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Made a little bit more progress today. Decided to load these guys out with patrol caps, boonies, ball caps, etc. as opposed to the MICH 2000 and TC 2002 helmets.

cdf_sf_2_s.jpg

-Click for higher res.

-Models by Johannes.

Looks great but would be cool if you still would give them some helmets in form of PAGST without helmet covers or something.

Loving your work! Keep it up

WOW!!! Bink!! YOUR AWESOME!

That CDF SF looks SOOO nice. I have to say though. I liked the older ones better. With the Mich Helmets and the camo looked a bit different, It looked better though. Also, I prefer them using US Weapons...They just look pure badass holding that descam M4 SOCOM! :D If you dont go US, it'd be really sweet if you used RH's AK Pack. There are some REALLY kickass weapons in there! Just my opinion. Keep on doing what you do best. You make me wish I could do stuff like you do, even simple re-textures, I'm still clueless.

Also, those Choco Chip camo men look pretty nice, I'd prefer to see them as Rangers from around 1993 or so. Or maybe you could make some Rangers like the ones that were sent into Somolia in 1993, Tri Color coffee stain DCU, Woodland BDU vest and a chocolate chip helmet or Pro-tec :D

About those Spec Ops from ArmA 1, if your do consider it, I actually think it would be really cool to see those back in ArmA II! I'd definitely DL them! They would blend much better with desert/arid type maps, like Isla Duala!

Anyways, I just want to say how awesome you are. You keep making these stunning units, which are probably my favorite addons for ArmA II, and you just keep working hard with no real reward except praise. Thank you! Your hard work is appreciated by me! :)

Edited by Enad

I think CDF SF should be based on Ukranian SF, since it seems that CDF is already based on Ukranian camo.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4476/p10903903.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4206/p10903873.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/i/p10903893.jpg/

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1499/p10903913.jpg

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1892/p10904042.jpg

Ukranian GRU Spetsnaz on pics. Just giving you some ideas, but MULTICAM + AK looks like a nice combination ;)

Edited by USSRsniper

Bit too modern for 3rd world country like Chernorussia, Bink. Take a look at something georgian like. They also had "ub3r commando" unit, which was trained by americans. But they had PASGTs, older vests and simplier equipment. Older M4s without flattops might do the job as weapons for them...

tho insides of the gun are bit based on kalashnikov's, it has been redesigned and reinforced to fill modern standards.

It's an AK inside the receiver. Yet, there're many quality and design improvements. Plus AKs also have diffirent version, which fully fit modern standarts.

Edited by NSX

Yo that Ak74 and the suppressor on that pictures gives me a hard on.

Bit too modern for 3rd world country like Chernorussia, Bink. Take a look at something georgian like. They also had "ub3r commando" unit, which was trained by americans. But they had PASGTs, older vests and simplier equipment. Older M4s without flattops might do the job as weapons for them...

yes, you are right, but there is general problem in gamers philiosophy like "do all to look like Delta / Seals / US special forces" no matter of "roots" of country

"newest gear" look "badass", no matter of realism and more gamers (teenagers) will welcome another multicam-desert-digital units with this, than "outdated"(in their opinions) equipment from 80s-90s < which in fact would be realistic

if i was making this - i would left them with BIS camo (Ukrainian looking) or maybe M81 woodland US

add PASGT/Alice mixed with Russian gear

weapons AKMS, AKS74, PKM, M16A2 or old M4 / Colt M635

but struggle for realism with tens of gamers who want "badass asskicking digital-desert-multicam" will be failed , when unit not look like "Ghost Recon"

many people here play 20 games all time, those who love realism - not use anything else than OFP, Arma2 - and we not care about "what is in another CoD 8" :]

i had similar claims when i was making Polish army addon "why they have steel helmets, look odd" cause people wanted ghost-recon units with Polish camo applied, not realistic vests etc.

people also wanted never introduced vests/uniforms shown on exhibition few weeks ago etc.

on other forums when YAC showed Polish GROM units pictures, people said "super, special forces, what about digital camo?"

nevermind that Poland not use digital camo, but "digital camo special forces look awsome"

btw. why unit looks like made of gum ? so shiny fabric ? latex ?

camo size on boonie do not match camo size on body

what for is this arafat on neck , Chernarus is not Lebanon ?

Edited by vilas

Didn't know a fictional country had such a definate past to base all that on.

Didn't know a fictional country had such a definate past to base all that on.

Nevertheless, in a realistic game units must be at least logically justified. Fictional Chernarus - is a poor country. Not richer than the U.S. to use newest equipment that is not yet used in the U.S.

If you want to simulate army of a puppet pro-american country with western equipement - pay attention to the Georgian special forces at first.

n18n-s07.jpg

1194470851_0205.400x300.jpeg

1218365905_6475.jpeg

gruzia004.jpg

0dd4881bfb79.jpg

and even

http://www.epochtimes.com.ua/rus/images/stories/03/world/ia2202082.jpg

Edited by Dead Kennedy

Yet the situation could be any the creator wants it to be, Maybe while the NATO trainers where training the smaller SF elements they helped them get equiped upto a certain standard, see Iraqi SF and ANA CDO's. It's all upto to whoever's making em.

Nevertheless, in a realistic game units must be at least logically justified. Fictional Chernarus - is a poor country. Not richer than the U.S. to use newest equipment that is not yet used in the U.S.

If you want to simulate army of a puppet pro-american country with western equipement - pay attention to the Georgian special forces at first.

images images images images images images

Woah, those gasmasks make them kinda look like the Combine from Half Life 2:eek:

And I agree with what Sabre said. While I would welcome some mix of US and Russian gear for CDF SF, it's still completely up to the person that's creating them.

................................................................................................... ^ a little idea for you, Bink! ;)

Woah, those gasmasks make them kinda look like the Combine from Half Life 2:eek:

Haha, I have one of the black versions of those gase masks... They do look very much like combine soldiers from HL2.

PBF_black.jpg

:eek:

Haha, I have one of the black versions of those gase masks... They do look very much like combine soldiers from HL2.

:eek:

Alright, now go and tell Gordon to pickup that can.

:D

You know, I WAS going to go on a tangent and be a total douche-bag here. But I'm not going to, because well. I'm not a 12 year old. I'll see what I want to with this CDF stuff. And thank you Sabre.

You know, I WAS going to go on a tangent and be a total douche-bag here. But I'm not going to, because well. I'm not a 12 year old. I'll see what I want to with this CDF stuff. And thank you Sabre.

:clap:

Its standard vilas behaviour to bitchand moan about anything which isnt his or isnt accurate. He seems to forget (again) that he's not the boss of addon making, and people will make whatever they fucking well want to.

Keep at it bink, and dont let certain people dissuade you with their loud mouths...

Here is something I have been working on today. They are very early WIP and stuff will be changed. I have slighty changed the ArmA 1 standard IBA or OTV vest whatever they use, so that it looks a bit more like the Spartan Assault Carrier. Ammo pouches will be replaced since I don't have the authority to release these ones. Equipment and stuff will gladly be accepted if anyone wants to donate. As always credits will go to the makers. nimetn8e6c0fbfPNG.pngnimetn1fe2fd171PNG.png

Take it little easy, people, this is simply discussion about addons features, not about personal relations.

@Nixo

I see you're getting better, glad you didn't give up addonmaking, looking good so far :thumbs-up:

Just a note on the bitchin about SF units.

I am not a fan of people that like special forces too much (they are a bit special... :p) but I do like realism.

Even a poor country will usually spring for their special forces units to have the best gear they can get for one simple fact. The special forces are most likely to be the most loyal and trained guys you have in your military/police force. You want them happy and well armed to protect you (dictator or elected president/minister, the role of the military is to protect its country, and the rulers of the country are the vessel from which they are commanded).

So I see no problem having CDF special ops have really nice gear. The question though when you play into the established ArmA2 universe is what gear the CDF would have for special ops. Thats where its left to others to write the story.