Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Looks great bink!

Your suspicions about the IBA being out of place are - i believe - right. IBA came in around 2000 iirc

Thanks for the replies guys, helps a lot! By the way Sabre, I might just do some of those. I'll talk to ya on MSN about that :). And TimRice, I agree. Something just doesn't seem right about it, I've heard it was around back in the 90s but somethings just not right. I'll need to find Clavicula_nox that old dog will know. Thanks again guys! Expect more soon. And yes, Rhodsey77 I might do some of those camo's later.

So someone PM'd me earlier today asking if I could make some '91-93 era troops. Well of course I can, but I could use input. Probably the fact that I was 1 when this era was going on I don't know much about the vests they had. I believe it was the IBA but I could be wrong. I know they had ALICE and PASGT gear for a fact. Also, I think that 3-color OTV looks a little "odd", so I may change that to full 6-color camo. What do you guys think? Anyway,

Here's what I've got so far, for one unit.

- ALICE gear by Ebud

- OTV texture by Cameron

The IBA is very new, relatively speaking. It didn't appear in the field until OEF. The vest in use at the time, if one was issued it, was the old flak jacket. Some guys deployed to OIF (that's OIF 1) wearing woodland flak jackets. Your vests should either be in chocolate chip, or woodland. 3-color was not in use by Big Army, but maybe SF.

I'll need to find Clavicula_nox that old dog will know.

Jesus! I'm only 24.

Anyways, for a reference, this is a picture of some 10th Mtn guys in Somalia:

somalia6jpg.jpg

The vest in use at the time, if one was issued it, was the old flak jacket.

...which was the older PASGT vest (heavy thing with shoulder flaps). See Ebud's CWR work, and those 10th blokes above are wearing them.

So someone PM'd me earlier today asking if I could make some '91-93 era troops. Well of course I can, but I could use input. Probably the fact that I was 1 when this era was going on I don't know much about the vests they had. I believe it was the IBA but I could be wrong. I know they had ALICE and PASGT gear for a fact. Also, I think that 3-color OTV looks a little "odd", so I may change that to full 6-color camo. What do you guys think? Anyway,

Here's what I've got so far, for one unit.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m53/anthraxx_2006/WIP/6col_uniform.jp

- ALICE gear by Ebud

- OTV texture by Cameron

Please make in 3-color and woodland vest? Please?

Pretty Please?

I swear, if you do, I will, like, proclaim you greater than something awesome. I still gotta thing about the most awesome thing around other than the possibility of you making 3-color guys.

@bink:

nice thing to see some 91-93 era guys, I secretly was hoping for something like that for quite a while now, and maybe someone will make a few Iraqis from that era too, so we can make kind of a little desert storm scenario, I still remember sitting in front of the tv watching cnn before going to school. That being said, please stick with the 6color camo it was used at that time, the 3color one came a few years later iirc, and please give em those big bad vests as well, you might want to ask vilas maybe you can make use of his project 85 guys in some way....looking forward to more of your work

Nice, 90's units, will wee see Deltas or Rangers? ;) Miss the OFP days with Laser's Delta / US Army Rangers.

6-color addon is really easy

P85 US soldier and Arma1 texture, few minutes of work

3-color requires doing new texture from scratch (as not made by BIS in Arma1)

so if someon wants it , he can contact me in case of release of such 90's US desert troops

P85 US soldiers have modelled Alice gear, PASGT vest and etc.

...which was the older PASGT vest (heavy thing with shoulder flaps). See Ebud's CWR work, and those 10th blokes above are wearing them.

Yeah, that's the name. It was way before my time, I was 6. I wonder what PASGT stands for? Poor Armor Shouldn't Get Tagged ?

Hah, good but not quite: Personnel Armor System for Ground Troops

(apparently they werent feeling as creative as usual when they came up with that one. Normally they have a much better ring to them :P )

3cdl.jpg

I have made a complete and repeating 3color desert camo pattern, which is pretty accurate compared to the real thing. Original size of the above picture is 3000x1000 pixels and no watermark off cause. I don't play Arma2 but if anybody want to use it for this game, they are welcome to contact me.

STGN

i noticed a serve lack of aussie ww2 diggers in arma2 so i started this chap tonight. cant promise ill finish him off, more of a for fun sorta thing, also good learning process, but ill see what i can do :) also if anyone has some good shots of some ww2 aussie webbing/uniform and could PM it to me would be great. also any help would be appreciated :)

aussie1.jpg

aussie2.jpg

Cheers

Rhodesy

ok, i have a drag bag and due to a lack of understanding and other stuff going on i lost focus on trying to make addons, anyway i have a dragbag in 3ds format that i want to give out to who ever and how many dose not matter im hoping some one can turn this mess into a addon by being able to wear it like a ruck sack and drag it while on a stalk and be able to pack things in it, maybe some one who got 5 min can fix it up and get it working:)

dragbagpic.jpg

so i started this chap tonight

This may seem a bit odd reply; but..

It brought a tear to my eye.. Seeing these aussie guy in the hat I mean.. Back in the early 1980's being a few years old kids here in Poland we used to go to a kiosk around the corner; just to check if there any new action figures of those australian soldiers to buy... they looked sharp with those hats and machettas, thompsons, hehe

882442673.jpg

Hey Rhodesy

Those Aussies would be great.

They would fit perfectly to some mediterranian or pacific Theater.

That Aussie plastic soldier guy with the shorts, holding his bolt action rifle like an action hero was like a second father to me.....

ACE2-dependent, and hopefully they will pick up on it. ;) Also heavily influenced by Pingu's work for A1.

-mquVcBOebA

wow in poland? never knew "we" were that big over there, much respect to the polish to, they fought damn hard in tobruk to, as did every "Rat of tobruk" :) these guys are probaly going to take awhile, as im about to make a big move to the city to begin uni, so will take me a week or 2 to get all my shit together and back to work, but with stories like these how cant i finish them :P

Cheers

Rhodesy

Dang SLA started to build an airbase on Norht Sahrani! I smell Operation Urgent Fury II coming soon :D

arma2_2010-01-20_20-33-14-41_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

arma2_2010-01-20_20-33-19-90_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

And it seems like they have a strong relationship with Greenpeace too.

arma2_2010-01-20_20-34-40-49_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

(to be honest I have no idea how to remove it, but airplanes seem not to collide with that tree when taxiing...anyway if someone knows how to remove it only in the editor...)

nothing serious, just playing with MAP EditorUpgrade by Lester.

found this while trolling the interwebs and thought it might go nicely with the diggers im working on :) havnt touched the original textures yet (going to overhaul them) just done some touch ups on the model geting it ready for importing into the game :)

found here, all credits for original textures and model go to Martin Schemmer from Germany

http://artist-3d.com/free_3d_models/dnm/model_disp.php?uid=1181&ad=08military_weapons.php&count=count

a pic from O2

reconwip.jpg

Edited by Rhodesy77

Let Smoke your Soldier :D

I work on a Cigarettes Addon, my self is boredom. And now comes this out. :p

fif9di1ls.jpg grqft1re9p.jpg

found this while trolling the interwebs and thought it might go nicely with the diggers im working on :) havnt touched the original textures yet (going to overhaul them) just done some touch ups on the model geting it ready for importing into the game :)

QUOTE]

Hey Rhodesey, if your realy thinking about diggers, open jeep/trucks and WW2 then maybe you think about somthing like this.

http://www.lrdg.org/LRDG-Photo-gallery(historical).htm

Could be a lot of fun putting together members from so many allied nations with no rules on uniforms

rhodesy. I worked on the mare nostrum mod for RO and also have a lot of knowledge of the aussies in ww2, so if you want a little texture help I would love to help out.