Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Speaking of abused models, here's my little Jonny's-SF-turned-digger now with normal maps (and no head).

I also decided to tone down the normals on the arms and legs down a bit. Honest to god, some of the normals I've done before defy the laws of physics concerning cloth wrinkles.

Looks beautiful Cam.

Yeah I agree with ya on the last bit, those wrinkles are extremely exaggerated.

amazing stuff mate, really looking forward to these. question ive seen with these new vests that you can just attach ya pouches directly to them, do many do this? or do most (and id assume it'd be this) just wear a molle vest or some other type of load bearing vest over the top? also any plans to do some old school H-harness as well? :P

anyway love it mate, keep going :)

Cheers

Rhodesy

ha me and you are working on the same thing at the moment Cam.

I had the exact same problem with my normal maps with the infantry weapons pack, having to go through and invert every red channel.

What are you using to create your normal maps with?

As far as creating folds and wrinkles go it is with out a doubt the hardest thing I have ever attempted. They are so dynamic and each one effects the rest and then you gotta work out how they are going to look when a limb is bent in certain directions and so on, bloody doing my head in

Hey chief, you can attach pouches directly via the MOLLE or wear webbing over the top of 'em. Having not spent much time around actual diggers or even deployed, I can't tell you one way or another whether this is done.

...and it just wouldn't be an Aussie addon without the old harness gear... what would the "SAS" wear? :P

EDIT - Soldier_X - currently a combination of the NVidia plugin, XNormal and CBump. I tend to avoid drawing wrinkles if I can (had no choice on the MCBAS, but that's simply cloth gathering around edges and the MOLLE strips). The modus operandi for me with clothes is to leave as much of the wrinkles as BIS' work as I can.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

I absolutely love the new models, the only thing thats an itch on my back is the new helmet is paper thin like the bis russians' have. Is there a way to make it maybe an inch thicker?

That is just plain awesome Benson!

Those wrinkles are really convincing

I'm primarily modding for the Stargate Mod atm, but I couldn't keep this one side project die. I had lost my stuff some time before but it had no normal maps anyway.

Today I then finally started recreating the stuff and testing in ArmA2. The idea of creating a mod like this was shown by the original Operation Flashpoint Mod "Crusade", sadly it never got farer than releasing a crossbow.

arma22010011201433819.jpg

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5476/arma22010011201441872.jpg

Imageshack, I know, but I want to keep some of Photobuckets bandwith :p

YT:

Direct Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIvNgpjkqQ8

___

gorgeous Isla Duala in the background

The bow and arrow original model is of ShareCG (flagged "free for all"), other than that I just put my stuff on the BIS example soldier.

Edited by Icewindo

Crusader! Awesome! Now we just need some Templars. ;).

but do they eat pork? harharhar...

lolwut.

porkeatinghehe.jpg

It's me in game! Also some WIP ;). Click for higher res.

Edited by Binkowski

speaking of wrinkles...i tried to make may own by painting a heightmap in photoshop. then i used that as a ambientocclusion layer in my diffuse and made a normalmap out of it. that's what i got sofar...and a new vest layout i'm working on (for my sf guys)

very nice Benson, great to see some units with a bit of character too

@Icewindo,

Those units look ultra cool.I remember d'loading the crossbow for OFP.

Looking forward to a release of some sort.

Well done and thanx for the pics.

Reminds me of the old Crossbows and Catapults board game when i was a kid.lol

:)

I have with drew my plans to make a spotting scope as ACE MOD team already made one!

Well if you change your mind and need some pictures, I have a few Leica's laying around the house somewhere. Just gotta find em.

Icewindo these units looks awesome! i really love the bow! one time i started to make a crossbow (a modern one though). i had big problems with the config^^

Well if you change your mind and need some pictures, I have a few Leica's laying around the house somewhere. Just gotta find em.

Thanks but its ok i got another plan in mind tho idk if i should post it in case ACE team beat me to it lol JK :D

New map drawing tools, part of MapPlus2.

SH4aG4Yroeg

Thanks to Spooner for the inspiration from his SPON_Map addon for ArmA1.

tht look sweet, how far along are you now NouberNou %wise?

Pretty close, probably 85%. I want to implement a way for people to go up to a person and copy their map if they have the Map Tools Item (this will be an item stored in your inventory). I am having some issues with getting the actions to work right (pretty confused on why they are not working).

I am part of the ACE dev team now as well, I am hoping to get most of this in there too. It will probably be an essential part of employing the upcoming M224 mortar. ;)

cool, MS paint in BI simulator engine via MAP :D

I really want to add in icons that can be inserted and rotated. If I can find a way to override the current BIS map clicks that'd be nice. Its not too realistic anyways that you can make a mark on your map and everyone can see it no matter where they are.

For something like that we need a nice looking/operating Blue Force Tracker addon. ;)

Lovely map tools! Will there be graphical interface for it as well, as with Spooner's drawing tools, so that it's easy to choose what one want to put on the map without having to remember a gazillion more keybinds? :)