Sign in to follow this  
AASE

ONS - Operation Northstar WIP

sorry fellas been on ex with the real army for the last 5 days. We are pretty much where we were about a week ago. This coming weekend I have off so I'll be hammering away on the package. Expect to see a finalized version of the Infantry and Weapons sometime soon.

we are indeed very busy wit this still. We have not given up, just have had very little time. We have a number of large projects on the go which I am going to hold close to my chest for the time being as I cannot give any release dates and such. Just know this project has not died and is getting bigger and better every day

I've downloaded OA-compartible version of ONS, and it gives an error message "addon ons_weapons requires inko_disposable" although inko_disposable is already installed.

are you launching it in the target line? INKO has been hard coded into ONS however has not been publicly released yet. I'll try and have a update out for the weapons sometime next week.

'inko_disposable' pbo file is located in '@AddOns' separate folder, and ONS mod is also located in separate folder. Both are launched through the '-mod' parameter.

Any development news on the Mod?

Any JTF2 guys lurking ;).

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay in replies here, I've been in the field for the last 5 days so here's the update.

Yes we are working on Recce/ CSOR guys, as well ass JTF2 Operators. however priority 1 right now is the Temperate woodland units. Also the G-wagon and Ruck Sacks are well under way. There may be a small weapons update in the near future but nothing major will be released until closer to xmas. The update should include the Chinook, Updated Leo, Full TW units, latest Arid Units, weapons updates, Ruck Sacks, G-Wagons, 60mm Mortar fully integrated into ACE, C6 and SF kit scripts along with some minor config tweaks here and there. and if time allows a mini co-op campaign for people to play with. We are looking for mission makers if anyone feels up to the task.

Do the sitting animations work with soldiers in cargo spots in MH-6 and MH-60 ?

I've just came across this issue and i after tests i've found that if i remove ons_core.pbo then they sit normally. Maybe it's an issue on my end only, but it would be good if you guys could take a look.

@verde

can you provide screen shots?

are you using ace or vanilla?

Here are the screenshots. And a correction. It's the ons_air at fault, not ons_core. These were taking with ACE. Without ons_air:950a409eb7.jpg

With ons_air :95e84db9cb.jpg

the issue here is ONS_air needs to be re-configged for OA. The CH-146 config is based on the MH6 at the moment however this will soon be fixed. hopefully once I re-write the config all seating errors experienced will be remedied.

Thanks for the updates Ohally, I am looking forward to the tweaks and additional content.

"ass JTF2 Operators" too funny, unintentional no doubt.

Spooky;

the current INKO mod isn't compatible with ONS. ONS was released with an older version of INKO and when a newer release of INKO was released separately I installed it and got the same message you described. Once I downgraded the mod back to the version that was released with ONS it worked again. I assume that the integrated INKO in ONS will resolve this issue.

it's a possibility, however this time of year is very busy for alot of us, friends family etc are visiting, I'm being sent to YellowKnife for Winter Warfare for a week on the 26th. so it's up in the air. the only thing i can promise is the new package with the inko disposable hard coded.

Some pics of the LAV II, model by YoungEagle, modified by arma.isgreat.org

Image4.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image.jpg

This is looking nice, quick question, does the C7 and C8 work with soundmods? Personally I'm not a big fan of the vanilla sounds.

47874834.png58029668.png

51135515.jpg

Coyote WIP, note elevated gun on turret interior with connected feed chutes. Models are hollowed out and detailed in both interior and external views.

Edited by arma.isgreat.org